Zumba, Anyone Been To One?

Discussion in 'Weight loss and Fitness' started by MrsT_2be, Feb 16, 2012.

1. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

Hi all,

Anyone been to Zumba classes? or Zumba at home. I have heard this is really fun to do and all I like is to drop a dress size.

Cheers :)

MrsT_2be, Feb 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsT_2be

Zoe

I used to go to Zumba (until I got tendonitis). It's really good fun and if you try hard you can really alter your body shape.

Zoe, Feb 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsT_2be

Becky

I've not been, but I've heard it's really good! It definitely looks fun, and would be a great way to tone up and lose weight.

Becky, Feb 17, 2012
  4. MrsT_2be

MrsNaylorToBe

Hi MrsT_2be

I'd definitely recommend Zumba classes, especially if you have someone who will go with you. I'm normally terrible for excuses not to go the gym but actually look forward to Zumba because its such good fun! I've been going three times a week since Christmas and along with general healthy/sensible eating I've really noticed a difference...even upper arms are toned which I didn't think would be so noticeable but is a real target area for me with my strapless dress!

MrsNaylorToBe, Feb 17, 2012
  5. MrsT_2be

hpsauce84

I went to Zumba classes before my wedding. I loved it! I'm hoping to go back to classes eventually after having baby but hubby has bought me Zumba for the Wii to use in the meantime! :)

hpsauce84, Feb 18, 2012
  6. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

Hi MrsNaylor2be

I would love to go and I've heard my colleagues says it's so much fun, "learn to shimmy!!!" Where I work, all my female colleagues and even close friends of mine all live 10 miles or more away, I want to save on travelling about.

H2b asked me what i like for my birthday so asked for the Zumba dvd set. I'm more than happy to do it at home. :p

Oh and see that you're new here, Welcome. :)

When is your big day may I ask? ^_^

MrsT_2be, Feb 19, 2012
  7. MrsT_2be

MrsNaylorToBe

Hi Mrs T2B and thanks for the welcome! we're getting married on the 23rd August this year, not long now!! How is all your planning going? xxx

MrsNaylorToBe, Feb 23, 2012
  8. MrsT_2be

MrsC2Be

I braved Zumba for the first time yesterday. We left after 20 minutes. The woman at the front kept screeching and shouting "ariba" whilst not telling us what we were doing. Pointless!

MrsC2Be, Feb 23, 2012
  9. MrsT_2be

MrsNaylorToBe

oh no! That's rubbish, I do find the teacher makes a massive difference though, I go to one at my own gym then another with a friend and hers is definitely better but resent paying each time when I pay for classes at my gym anyway! I'd definitely recommend trying somewhere else though, if you find the right class it is loads of fun and really does work xxx

MrsNaylorToBe, Feb 24, 2012
  10. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

Yes it's not long now! We're having a small, low key wedding. We got most of the small things off ebay, eg: invites, balloons, bridemaids accessories and sandals, my bolero and car ribbon and few other little things. Also a friend of a friend if making my cake, a close friend of mine is helping me out with the use of her car as my wedding car, decorate my barn and helping me get into my dress. I found and paid my deposit for my dress on 28th Jan, it's by Alfred Angelo, think first fitting is in 20 weeks. My sister in law has 5 dresses with shoes to match, she given me 2 pairs (save bit of money there).

And how is your plans coming along?

xxx

MrsT_2be, Feb 25, 2012
  11. MrsT_2be

bella.sy

I haven't tried zumba. But my friends told me that this is so fun! Wanna try these one of these days!

bella.sy, Mar 29, 2012
  12. MrsT_2be

LoveBugs

I tried Zumba twice, meaning two different groups and coaches but both times I just could not understand the hype... It does not get me sweating enough... Its like dancing.. I could do that forever without really feeling exercised.

What I do is HIIT - high intensity intervall training! Its really awesome, you build up muscles and loose weight and its only 20 minutes a day :)

Best, Cindy!

LoveBugs, May 6, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question