Yayy! Booked Our Honeymoon! (Didn't Think We Could Afford One!)

Discussion in 'Honeymoons' started by MrsGroves2B, Jan 19, 2013.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Yayyy!!! So happy!!!

Monday we managed to book our honeymoon! Sunday night my Dad offered to pay £500 towards our honeymoon as their wedding present, and my Nan has been saving money for me and wants us to use it towards the wedding, so when we thought we couldn't afford a honeymoon we were so happy to be able to book our honeymoon for 5 days after our wedding!

We're off to a lovely, quiet part of Ibiza called Santa Eulalia for a week. We normally book off Thomson's website for our holidays but decided to pop in our local Thomson travel agents to see what deals we could get- and so glad that we did! We were having a standard room half board from our closest airport, no frills or added extras apart from pre-booked seats/reserving our seats on the plane. For about £200 less we got our room upgraded from standard sea view to a suite with sea view, they've put on all our documents that its our honeymoon to try and get extras/upgrades/freebies at the airport, on the plane and the hotel (obviously they can't guarantee anything but can't request online), and they've thrown in free first class lounge facilities at the airport with unlimited drinks and snacks (never done that before!) The main problem is its not at our closest airport, but its only about 1 and a half to 2 hours in the car, and its straight forward to get to if we need to travel ourselves (we may get a lift) so the extras meant it was a no brainer of a decision!

We really can't wait now! We thought if we were to get a honeymoon it would be much later on in the year, and even though that's still good I felt like I wanted to do something just after the wedding, so to be able to go away in under a week after the wedding meant that we had a few days to do the necessities like take suits back, etc, but we have at least a day afterwards to recover from travelling!

MrsGroves2B, Jan 19, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

Becky

That sounds brilliant, I bet you're both thrilled! That is so nice of your Dad and your Nan to help out :)

Agreed that it's also a good plan to have a few days between the wedding and honeymoon - like you say it's useful to have time to sort things out after the wedding. We got married on a Saturday and left for honeymoon early on the monday so I had to rope in various friends / families to return hired items while we were away.

So how many days have you got left now?

Becky, Jan 19, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

Helen

Sounds great! I agree with Becky, if we had married and then gone on honeymoon I would have liked a few days inbetween to sort everything out. :)

Helen, Jan 20, 2013
  4. MrsGroves2B

nikster1987

That is an amazing deal! Congrats! Don't think we will be able to go away after ours because of budget, but would really like to. Be a lovely getaway for you both!

nikster1987, Jan 20, 2013
  5. MrsGroves2B

iPrincess26

Well done, giving yourself a few days is prob a good idea, one that we should've maybe thought of! We get married on the wed go home on the thurs and head to the airport on the fri as the flight is 7:35 on the sat morn! Ah well just have to pack before the wedding! And have plenty of lists to check!

iPrincess26, Jan 20, 2013
  6. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Our wedding is in 118 days time! Can't believe it! Sounds so close saying it like that! It means that the Honeymoon is in 123 days time!

I think I'll need to go Honeymoon shopping very soon- need some bikinis and swimming costumes! My suitcase is still at my parents' house, so that needs to come to our house. I'm one of those people that packs everything a week or two before you go away and just put last minute things in the night before, but I suppose with the 5 days gap between the wedding and Honeymoon if things get way too hectic before the wedding we have those few days after the wedding.

MrsGroves2B, Mar 3, 2013
  7. MrsGroves2B

Joanna111

Ah, its perfect when you get something that you didn't think you could afford. I'm sure you'll both enjoy it :)

Joanna111, Oct 11, 2013
  8. MrsGroves2B

EllieBaker

Ibiza is great, but I haven't heard many people refer to it as "quiet" haha. Hope it went well!

EllieBaker, Apr 3, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question