Yay! I Bought My Dress!

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by nahatalie, Aug 29, 2012.

1. nahatalie

nahatalie

I bought my wedding dress yesturday, can't believe it! I've been to loads of shops and tried on lots of different styles. I am going to make an adjustment to this dress though. I love the bodice, it's really slimming. The skirt is nice, but I really hate the frilly weird bit at the bottom. The photo doesn't show it too much, but in the flesh it's yet another material on the dress and I think it spoils it. I'm going to have it removed (it goes all the way around the bottom and makes up part of the train) so the train is shorter (I'm 5ft 4 and a big wide train makes me look even shorter, plus I don't want a huge train to be bustled up underneath making the dress look even more poofy lol). It will be replaced by taffeta, the same material as the skirt. I can't wait to see it with the adjustments...

[​IMG]

It's funny because it's exactly the kind of dress I thought I wouldn't go for. It was the second time I tried it on, I first went with two friends, then I took my mum and my partners mum to see it. My mum (who is never shy to voice her opinion and can't understand when someone disagrees with her lol) pulled a few faces and mentioned the skirt was too fussy. I can tell it's not her idea of what I should wear, which is a shame as I wish she was excited about it as I am. I always feel bad if I do something my mum isn't enthusiastic about, I think I just can't be bothered with the agrument lol. Well, it just about passed the mum test anyway, and it was bought!

nahatalie, Aug 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. nahatalie

Helen

That is fabulous - the detail on the bodice is lovely :)

As long as you love it that is what matters, you have to wear it not your mum!

Helen, Aug 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. nahatalie

Becky Administrator

Beautiful! I love dresses with sweetheart necklines, they are gorgeous. Do you have any photos of you in it? Also what is the make and design name/number?

Becky, Aug 29, 2012
  4. nahatalie

nahatalie

I don't have any decent photos of me in it; only photos were taken with a mobile and it all just looks blurred and you can't see the detail. It's a Sofia Tolli called Dinora.

nahatalie, Aug 29, 2012
  5. nahatalie

Becky Administrator

My mum was the same as yours - she didn't like my dress and kept suggesting I get a "princess dress" (her words, NOT mine!!). I reminded her that her mother dictated her own wedding dress and she ended up wearing something she didn't like, so in the end she gave in :D

Becky, Aug 30, 2012
  6. nahatalie

MrsBrown

The bodice is very similar to Alice's who got married on Friday and she looked stunning. Gorgeous choice. Ignore your mother!!!

MrsBrown, Sep 2, 2012
  7. nahatalie

nahatalie

Ah my mum wasn't that bad, just took a bit of time to come around to it. Just didn't appreciate the face she pulled at one point lol, and the repetition of "the skirt is certainly fussy!". She's since shown the picture to her friends and reported that they said it looked gorgeous, so I think that will continue to shape her opinion into loving it ha ha. I know she likes the bodice anyway lol. I can't wait to get it back with the alterations...got to wait 6-9 months! Gah.

nahatalie, Sep 2, 2012
  8. nahatalie

gildius

What an incredible dress :)

gildius, Sep 3, 2012
  9. nahatalie

Happylisa08

Gorgeous! I love the detail on the bordice!

Happylisa08, Jan 11, 2013
  10. nahatalie

sarahbanksy

Love the detail and the sweetheart neckline!

sarahbanksy, Jan 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question