Yay! Booked Our Honeymoon To Mauritius :) What Are You Most Looking Forward To About Yours?

Discussion in 'Honeymoons' started by nahatalie, Aug 27, 2012.

1. nahatalie

nahatalie

As if looking forward to the wedding isn't exciting enough, we've booked our honeymoon now! Another thing ticked off the wedding check list. We are going with Virgin Holidays to a beach resort for 2 weeks. We are going the evening after the wedding, which is exactly what I wanted to keep the wedding high! We're not ones for lazing by the beach all day every day, and being a bigger island than the Maldives islands, there's stuff to do, like "walking with lions" and going to the capital for a change of scenery. We will have the option to relax and laze about at the resort and enjoy cocktails while watching the sun set (what I'm most looking forward to!), so for me, this is the best of both worlds. The only thing I'm worried about is if there are kids there - no offence to people who like / have kids, but I am hoping there aren't any around, or if there have to be, they are quiet and well behaved! That is my only worry. We couldn't find an adult only resort that we liked more than this one.

I can't wait to go snorkelling, I love it! I've been to Thailand twice and went snokelling both times and it's amazing to see all those multicoloured fish. I hope Mauritius has an equally rich biodiversity!

So top things I can't wait for:
    1. Blue sea and idyllic scenery
    2. Walking with lions
    3. Cocktails while watching the sun set
    4. Snorkelling
    5. Dolphin watching

nahatalie, Aug 27, 2012
    gildius likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. nahatalie

Helen

Sounds fantastic :)

What time of year are you going? If it isn't in school holidays I wouldn't think there are likely to be many children about. Even if it is school holidays is it a resort likely to attract lots of families? I wouldn't worry too much, you are unlikely to notice other people as you will be too busy having a fabulous time!

Helen, Aug 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. nahatalie

nahatalie

It is during the summer holidays as unfortunately I'm a teacher lol. But yes, looking forward to it so much! I can't wait for that serene feeling of being really chilled out. Can't wait for the sandy beaches and blue sea!

nahatalie, Aug 27, 2012
  4. nahatalie

Becky

Sounds incredible!! :D I'm sure you'll have an amazing time, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that there are very few children ;)

Becky, Aug 27, 2012
  5. nahatalie

MrsC2Be

Sounds lovely! we're off to Sicily - Mount Etna is on our list and Im hoping to get a few wine tastings lined up via work (perk of the job!). we'll be there this time next week... yay!

MrsC2Be, Aug 28, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  6. nahatalie

nahatalie

Exciting! I am jealous of everyone whose wedding / honeymoon is soon! lol

nahatalie, Aug 29, 2012
  7. nahatalie

MrsBrown

My friend just got back from mauritius, she said it was amazing!

Alice, we went to Corsica but the plane got diverted to Sicily first, we had to get off and get on another plane.. So I saw the airport! Looked lovely from the plane though :)

MrsBrown, Sep 2, 2012
  8. nahatalie

MrsC2Be

Sicily was lovely. We've had an absolutely amazing time! Weather was a bit iffy on a couple of days, but on the whole it's been great.

MrsC2Be, Sep 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question