Would You Get Married On Tv ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Scarlett~lady, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Scarlett~lady

Scarlett~lady

I sent an e-mail to living tv about a new show that they are doing soon, you get your venue and catering free! I thought i might enter it (this was before I had booked my own venue) It's a big chunk out of the budget and you also get your own wedding planner ! I totally forgot that I had entered in for it, when yesterday I got an email from them asking for pic's and where we lived, and that they are just trawling through the last few contestants before they make a decision! argh!!!!!!!! It got me thinking do I actually want to be on tv !!?? I am at the moment watching four weddings and I think that would be a nightmare strangers coming to your perfect day and slagging it off!

Would you do it?? :)

Scarlett~lady, Jun 15, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Scarlett~lady

poppleminster

Hmmm difficult. I couldn't but only as I am really antisocial! If the programme is not going to be negative to anyone then i'd say go for it if you fancy it! The positive is that you get to show off the man you love and your committment not just to friends but to everyone :) I love watching wedding programmes and if it's a happy one then you can't go wrong if you can cope with the cameras. Maybe ask them more questions about how intrusive it'd be and how much of your time they'd want.

poppleminster, Jun 15, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Scarlett~lady

Mrsg2b2011

Ok I don't personally think I would do it only because something I had worked so hard to creatse would devistate me if it was slagged off.
    But I know they say that they edit four weddings to make everyone look like a bitch or for word of the night TROLL but if you re watch the 1st series they are not that bad. They delibratly wind people up for the entertainment side of things but if its a new programme & you are on the 1st series you might get nice people.
    Good luck whatever you decide & I have just reread my post & realised I was no help at all sorry xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 15, 2010
  4. Scarlett~lady

Scarlett~lady

thanks poppleminster, that is the positive, I dont mind the tv bit I suppose its more the way people may portray you and will they choose a nice venue !!! you're right I need to ask more questions thanks x

5. Scarlett~lady

juliak

I think it's a cool idea. Just make sure you read the contract VERY closely before you sign. A lot of these programmes have to show people the finished product before it is aired so maybe that's an option. You'd always have a good record of the day and, like you say, it would save you some money maybe toward a honeymoon if you havn't already booked one! At the end of the day as long as you are marrying the man you love and it's your perfect day, would you really care what some stranger who you'll never even see again says about it?
    Keep us in the loop hon!
    x

juliak, Jun 15, 2010
  6. Scarlett~lady

Scarlett~lady

thanks for the advice juliak, I am usually a stickler for things I need to sign but I make doubly sure i check! And you are both right, its all about me and chris and as long as we get married thats all that matters! anyway probably won't even get chosen but needed your advice just in case they choose us, I dont think you get a choice when either, so it could be a case of your on, NEXT WEEK argh ha ha!!

7. Scarlett~lady

poppleminster

It all sounds really exciting and keep us informed. We're behind you whatever you choose :)

poppleminster, Jun 15, 2010
  8. Scarlett~lady

May2010bride

Personally no, you see repeats of shows like come dine with me, supernanny, wifeswap etc everyday...if we filmed it, then got divorced, everytime it was on tv all I could think about was US.
    If we were on tv, then hubby died, it would be painful to see the show ten years down the line.
    If it was never repeated, but I made an ass of myself I'd worry about it coming up at work etc.

BUT there are positives!!

Shows like 16 & Pregnant (also know as my trashy treat tv!), document events well, on todays 16 & pregnant a girl who gave her kid up for adoption was on, so she'll always have video of the kids birth (I cried!!)...so it can be a positive, as long as they don't try & edit it to make you look like a cow/mentalist.

x

May2010bride, Jun 15, 2010
  9. Scarlett~lady

juliak

I really didn't think of that side of things mrsmay, think that's why these forums are good as there's always someone who'll look at a different angle. Loving the 'mentalist' word too!

juliak, Jun 15, 2010
  10. Scarlett~lady

Mrsg2b2011

Yes good point Maybride! Any luck with the piccies yet? xxx
    Love mentalist, thats another one for the dictionary Becky! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 15, 2010
  11. Scarlett~lady

May2010bride

Doing it when hubby goes to sleep (not IT...although maybe!!), he rolled his eyes at me earlier when he noticed I was on a wedding site!!

May2010bride, Jun 15, 2010
  12. Scarlett~lady

Mrsg2b2011

Ha ha Mark keeps telling me I am addicted!! I just tell him to tell me something I don't know:D . However as I am loving the World cup as he sky +'s the 2 games then watches them at night and I get to be on here all night, and best of all I seem that I am a loving w2b as I let him watch the tv & forfeit my programmes 'for his footie' :D :lol: when really I don't care as I am on here :D :lol: xxx (I am really a loving w2b but I wouldn't be as forgiving with 2 games if I didn't have this site)

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 16, 2010
  13. Scarlett~lady

juliak

I'm lucky at the mo with Spence on nights, I can be here from 8pm til bed then back in the morning as long as I want as he's in bed, yeah! I'm also lucky that he doesn't watch football and we enjoy the same programmes. Spence even watches Americas Next Top Model ?!?!:D

juliak, Jun 16, 2010
  14. Scarlett~lady

Mrsg2b2011

Does he? Mak wouldn't watch that, actually he might if he saw how gorgeous some of the woamn are on there :D . He sometimes watches Ghost Whisperer with me & enjoys it but he can take it or leave it, not like me who LOVES the show has to watch every episode & is very very devastated to have found out they have cancelled it :( :angry: :( xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 16, 2010
  15. Scarlett~lady

ilovepink1984

This would be my idea of my worst nightmare. I hate being the centre of attention and speaking in front of other people -goodness knows how I'm going to make it through my wedding!!! I'm painfully shy in real life. :angry: I REALLY want to make a speech about my H2b at our wedding as I feel hes often taken for granted and want to tell him how wonderful he really is but it makes me feel ill thinking about it!

But fair play to you if you are up for it! I'd love the chance of winning some money towards our wedding so we could save for something else, just not gutsy enough personally!! I would bear in mind that these programmes tend to be repeated A LOT socould be painful to watch/cringy further down the line!! Keep us posted xxx

ilovepink1984, Jun 16, 2010
  16. Scarlett~lady

poppleminster

what happened? any news yet? :mellow:

poppleminster, Jun 16, 2010
  17. Scarlett~lady

Scarlett~lady

of course you will all be the first to know !! not heard anything yet, but she didnt give a time scale ?! :)

Scarlett~lady, Jun 16, 2010
  18. Scarlett~lady

poppleminster

i'm probably as nervous and excited as you are!!

poppleminster, Jun 16, 2010
  19. Scarlett~lady

MrsBrown

I prob couldnt but then I love the programmes and if no one went on we wouldnt have anything to watch! Just make sure that you know what yr getting into and you will be fine, you havent signed anything yet!!

MrsBrown, Jun 16, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question