Would I Need A Hoop With My Dress?

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by Mrs G-2-B, May 9, 2010.

1. Mrs G-2-B

Mrs G-2-B

Hi,

I was just wondering if I would need a hoop with my dress? and if so what one? I never knew choosing a hoop could be so confusing! I am so worried I might trip over in it and thought a hoop would make it easier to walk in but I don't want it to look silly? xx

[​IMG]

Mrs G-2-B, May 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Mrs G-2-B

fall3n-ang3l

not sure about the hoop but the dress is stunning! have you tried the dress with a hoop to see what it looks like

sarah

fall3n-ang3l, May 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Mrs G-2-B

Rustysgirl

I think you will need one, something like this would be nice... This is the 116

[​IMG]

My 163 was from Princess Aurora. They gave me loads of advice about which one to go for aswell cos I was really confused at the beggining. I didnt even realise how important one was either. Nobody tells you you need one but mine makes such a difference. Heres my before and after pics...
    Without hoop
    [​IMG]

With - lovely and poofy!
    [​IMG]
    hope that helps :)

Rustysgirl, May 9, 2010
  4. Mrs G-2-B

Becky

I never realised what a difference they could make - that's quite dramatic!

Becky, May 9, 2010
    vhc likes this.
  5. Mrs G-2-B

MrsApplen2be

They make heck of a difference the hoop shown above looks like my hoop. I always tried dress on in the shop with a hoop and they just ordered me one then. No idea about the single, double thing though x

MrsApplen2be, May 9, 2010
  6. Mrs G-2-B

Mrs G-2-B

No I never did try it on with a hoop in the shop, so i just assumed i wouldn't need to but since then i have been starting to think about walking in it etc and think it may make it easier... I will definitely ask in the shop to try a hoop with it and if it looks ok, (which i think it might) i will order one from Princess Aurora as they seem quite reasonable in price. Thanks for showing your pics Rustysgirl, It really does make a difference doesn't it! xx

Mrs G-2-B, May 9, 2010
  7. Mrs G-2-B

Rustysgirl

Ahh thats ok hun! Glad to have helped! :)

Rustysgirl, May 9, 2010
  8. Mrs G-2-B

vhc

yes, a hoop definitely makes it easier: like Rustys says, the hoop holds the shape of the dress
    it also holds it away from you, so that you can walk easier, as you suggest, and it'll take the weight off your legs, especially in the summer when you don't want loads of layers against your skin (think of your own air-conditioning!!)

the dress shop should have a variety of hoop styles for you to try on: most will be fabric covered and have one, two or even three hoops )of various sizes!) the hooped skirts themselves come in different sizes, depending on how far you want your dress to some out.
    [​IMG]

vhc, May 10, 2010
  9. Mrs G-2-B

MrsApplen2be

Dress shop ordered me in a hoop at 50 odd pounds although other shops quoted me much more x

MrsApplen2be, May 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question