Winter Themes

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by BunnyMonkey, May 17, 2010.

1. BunnyMonkey

BunnyMonkey

Since we're getting married on New Year's Eve, I figured most people are over the Christmas theme by then. Instead, we're going for a winter theme with snowflakes as a major player. I've found a great website for snowflake themed jewellery and I'm going to get myself a tiara and the bridesmaids some matching hair slides.

http://www.eastbeachdesigns.co.uk/snowflake_designs.html

We're also considering doing snowflake ginger biscuits as favours. It will take quite a lot of work, so we need to think about how to organise it. Decorating them should be quite fun though. Here's a website with some cute snowflake cookie cutters:

http://www.cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk/acatalog/Christmas-Cookie-Cutters-1.html

We're also wanting to hand out snowflake confetti for guests to throw (although we're really hoping that it's going to snow for real!). I've still got to find that somewhere.

Has anybody else got any good ideas?

BM x

BunnyMonkey, May 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. BunnyMonkey

Becky

I love the jewellry - it's gorgeous! [​IMG]

In terms of other things you could incorporate, I guess decorations will play a major part. How about using dried pine cones and baubles instead of flowers? I really like the cake topper on that site too - it would make a plain white cake look gorgeous!

Becky, May 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. BunnyMonkey

MrsBrown

[​IMG][​IMG]

I found these pictures off a snowflake cake and invitations. If you google image snowflakes there are tons more lovely things. Have you decided on a colour scheme?

MrsBrown, May 17, 2010
  4. BunnyMonkey

juliak

I've had a little look for snowflake throwing confetti and havn't managed to find any as yet, but if you get stuck you can get snowflake shaped hole punches so you could make your own, they're usually approx £2. You can choose your own colours too. It's a bit time consuming but cheap! I'll keep my eye out though1 x

juliak, May 17, 2010
  5. BunnyMonkey

BunnyMonkey

Thanks guys. Our colour theme is red - I know it's not very snowflake-like but I love it! Our flowers are going to be very seasonal... holly, ivy, berries, twigs, pinecones etc.

I'd thought about the snowflake punches too, juliak. There really isn't any paper snowflake confetti out there and I don't think the church will let us throw little pieces of plastic!

The cake is lovely MrsBrown2b. We're having a 4 tier ivory cake with fresh flowers on top. We have thought about putting snowflakes on it too but it's just not going to work - I think it would look a bit confused and a real mess!

BM x

BunnyMonkey, May 17, 2010
  6. BunnyMonkey

juliak

You can use the punch on any material you want, i.e. tissue paper in red! x

juliak, May 17, 2010
  7. BunnyMonkey

BunnyMonkey

I like the idea of red tissue paper snowflakes but i'd be worried about the colour running onto my dress if it was wet. I'll have to look into this more. Any ideas of what to put the confetti in so that we can hand it out to guests?

BunnyMonkey, May 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question