Winter Ash's Detailed Winter Wedding Planning Thread :) X

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by winter ash, May 16, 2012.

1. winter ash

winter ash

Hi there Guys.

This my planning thread based on keeping everything in one place and also hopefully not to cause any type of confusion :)

I will be posting Ideas of my own and where ever i can take and post pictures i will..and contribute to others to the best of knowledge..

But before i do start all this i would like to give you an insight of me.. (some of you know )

Right here we go :

Im asian (pakistani) and jason Obv from the name English... we have been together since 2008 so 4 years from around this time of year :) i proposed to him on his surprise birthday party after knocking him back three times that year !! BLESS :)

Im not a traditional religious person and neither is he, but he does want a bit of english tradition included in the wedding..i dont know much about this in my mind i had a church wedding idea which wasnt a good idea as i had to change my religion in order to be married in a church.. and as for jay converting to my religion i did not want this as i fell in love with him as he was not for who he would convert too.. this played a big part in my life ( why i dont know just one of them things)
    Id nver thought id be having a english wedding as ive always been around big asian weddings, but im love planning all this as its our wedding and we have the control ( well i have more control than jay does) :)
    Unfortunatly for me i have never been to an english wedding before only have heard of them so the ins and outs im not aware of so hence being on the forum mainly to get help advice ETC and share views.. i will appreciate all the advice i get :) Thanking you in advance :)

Anyways we have booked our venue this sunday gone 1st deposit has been put down :) im very happy

heres the venue link..
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=breadsall%20priory%20&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CHAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marriott.co.uk%2Fhotels%2Ftravel%2Femags-breadsall-priory-a-marriott-hotel-and-country-club%2F&ei=A-SzT6HaDYLG0QXb9_28CQ&usg=AFQjCNG_9jO9lwJt-e3lNVQ0xtESYsStOQ&cad=rja

I dint take to this venue at 1st but my MOH basically forced me into it and assured me it was the best.. Now i have lovely elegant ideas for this venue.. :) my theme colours are ivory and gold..

I have been to two wedding fayres and one bridal shop i have an appointment for another tommorow but its mainly for my MOH dress..
    We are going to different shops trying on and taking pics if they allow us and basically getting all dresses tailored made i also have Flower girls will be sorting their dresses nearer the time :)

We dont have a budget but we will try and minimise where we can..
    so far i have.- venue , photographer ,registarar, chair cover company..invitations ( im thinking of making these ) ideas for favours..the only thing that has been booked is the venue at the momment..next mon i will be putting deposit on registrar..

I will post pics on next post :)

Thanks for reading :)

winter ash, May 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. winter ash

winter ash

These are the favours - 5 sugared almonds....

5 sugared almond are traditional as ive been advised and i think the Rachetti's are very elegant and cute but bit tricky to do..

Jay did suggest that for the top table we did different favours as a memorable keepsake as a thankyou .. but im not too keen on that idea.. we will see what happens :)
    This one my fave one
    IMG_1075.JPG

the rest i just did what i thought in my mind :)

IMG_1076.JPG
    IMG_1077.JPG
    IMG_1074.JPG

winter ash, May 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. winter ash

Becky

All looking good so far :)

Becky, May 17, 2012
  4. winter ash

Helen

You should get some lovely photos outside your venue :)

I like your favour idea too :)

Helen, May 17, 2012
  5. winter ash

winter ash

Helen i have seen some beautiful pictures taken outside in the snow at that venue.. I was thinking a week before the wedding if it snows it would be beautiful but if not ill hire out a snow machine :)

Just had a thought Snow machine and a bubble machine? do you think this combo would go for the photo's?

Also for the photo's i wanted to do something with candles maybe holding it i dont know yet.. this will incorporate with the candle theme im going for :~)

winter ash, May 17, 2012
  6. winter ash

winter ash

For any body that has not seen the type of dress im looking for :)

I love the high neck on this dress (Justin Alexander)

View attachment 2492

But i adore the Train on this one :)

Asha pics 002.jpg

Asha pics 003.jpg

Attached Files:

winter ash, May 17, 2012
  7. winter ash

winter ash

Save the dates fridge magnet, im making these inc roses by ribbon...

ash save the date 001.jpg

ive got the wording sorted i just need to find a way of getting it printed on the gold card..
    ive done a trial run on just normal paper ..

ash save the date 002.jpg

Any ideas as to how i could do this?

winter ash, May 17, 2012
  8. winter ash

Helen

Ohhh I think snow would be awesome at that venue!

I had bubbles for some of our photos (although annoyingly the best photos of the bubbles I am pulling a face!).

I went to a Danish/Welsh wedding and they had candles. They had the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom both bring lit candles down the aisle and light candles that the bride and groom were holding, it was lovely and they had some excellent photos. Maybe you could do something similar with your ceremony?

I have no idea how to print onto gold card, have you tried a test one to see if the ink drys ok or does it go smudgy?

Helen, May 17, 2012
  9. winter ash

winter ash

Im having a candle liit aisle and candles on tables..

originally i wanted to hold a candle whilst walking down but cant have open flame.. also i have flower girls walking infront of me..

that idea does sound lovely..

I havent tried it i dont want the little card to get stuck lol

winter ash, May 17, 2012
  10. winter ash

Becky

I actually quite like the contrast of the black font on the paper background - it makes it stand out, and it think the writing wouldn't read easily if it was printed straight onto the card. How about printing the writing on cream paper (maybe even a very pale gold - you can get all sorts) and then sticking it on the card? Also, it might be worth putting the venue name on there too, or at least the village / town name.

Becky, May 17, 2012
  11. winter ash

winter ash

heyy thats a good idea about the cream paper i could find a slightly darker shade than the roses this woud go perfectly (fingers crossed)

Thanks Becky i forgot that bit :)

winter ash, May 17, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  12. winter ash

winter ash

Im going to give it a try grab some card on way home will put pictures up tommrw morning :)

winter ash, May 17, 2012
  13. winter ash

Zoe

Just a thought, have you checked with the registrar / venue about the candles. We got married in a country house and were told by either the registrar or venue (can't remeber which one) that we were unable to have candles in the ceremony room or as part of the ceremony as they were seen as being religious.

Zoe, May 18, 2012
  14. winter ash

Becky

That's quite strict! I can understand that candles might not be allowed if they are seen as a fire risk, but religion doesn't own the rights to candles!

Becky, May 18, 2012
  15. winter ash

winter ash

Ok i dont know about that.. i will ring registrar and find out..

In many religions a candle holds a diferent form of meaning, but if we was to be religous would we be allowed to do anything .. its just a way i see it :)

winter ash, May 18, 2012
  16. winter ash

winter ash

I can have candles at venue but must well covered though :)

winter ash, May 18, 2012
  17. winter ash

MrsBrown

That's rubbish! Sometimes they do take it so seriously..candles are not purly religious!

And even if choose not to have a religious service doesn't mean our not religious! I wonder if i had turned up in a cross would they have told me to take it off! Aghhhhh!!!

MrsBrown, May 18, 2012
  18. winter ash

MrsBrown

Oh winter ash.. Liking the planning thread :)

MrsBrown, May 18, 2012
    winter ash likes this.
  19. winter ash

winter ash

Thankgod... I rang as soon as i had a chance too the guy laughed and asked if i knew that in some religions Lighting a candle is a sign of death

Having candles is fine and is not religious !!

winter ash, May 18, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  20. winter ash

winter ash

Thank you ..

winter ash, May 18, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question