Wine On Tables

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by codybear, May 5, 2010.

1. codybear

codybear

anyone not putting wine on tables. we dont drink and we cant seem to find it within our budget to do this as we still have sooooooooooooooooooo much to pay for

codybear, May 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. codybear

WelshBride

We're not having wine on the tables either, but we are having arrival drinks and a toast drink. I wouldn't worry too much about it, the wedding we went to last year had unlimited amounts of wine on tables yet people still had their own drinks and were still going out to the bar to get more!

WelshBride, May 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. codybear

MrsStanding2Be

Not were not, we are paying for 90 glasses of bucks fizz (hate the stuff!) and 3 big jugs of Orange juice for kiddies and me and Hubby as neither of us drink, we are putting £700 behind the bar, so i dont really think we can afford to have more wine and drinks on the table unless they let us buy it ourselves as it would be cheaper that way!

MrsStanding2Be, May 5, 2010
  4. codybear

MrsC2Be

We are having a package deal for our reception, which includes arrival drink, toasts and wine on the table, limited to half a bottle per guest (at 3 glasses each, that's plenty!) That's already included in our package, but they won't be getting anything else out of us lol there will be a paid bar for after the meal.

I don't think people mind buying their own drinks and most wouldn't expect wine on the tables anyway

MrsC2Be, May 5, 2010
  5. codybear

welshbride10

we were told by our venue that we had to provide a drink on arrival, a drink with the meal and a drink to toast. The package prices were ridiculous so we chose to do it all seperately so we are putting 2 bottles of wine on each table it ended up working out about £500 cheaper than having they're drinks package

welshbride10, May 5, 2010
  6. codybear

ilovepink1984

Like people above, we have a package deal which includes a drink on arrival, 2 glasses of wine with the meal and a drink for the toasts. Can't grumble as we have a really good offer due to the hotel being 21 this year and giving out great deals. £2100 for meal, drinks, bridal suite, canapes, toastmaster, table decorations, cake stand, place cards and menus, DJ and disco!! and evening buffet for 80 people and the prices are really reasonable to add extra guests. Bargain. Plus we also know the hotel is lovely and food is delicious as we have been to other functions there too [​IMG]

ilovepink1984, May 5, 2010
  7. codybear

WelshBride

WOW!! That is an excellent deal!! Lucky you lol [​IMG]

WelshBride, May 5, 2010
  8. codybear

MrsApplen2be

my mum WAS putting wine on the tables but my guest list grew....I started a degree.....used my wedding money to pay for my degree due to lack of funding.....and had to ask my mum to loan some money she told me I could have it but instead shes now not putting wine on the tables....fair enough I say. My degree is million times better than encouraging people to get drunk. Paying enough for the guests to eat and their arrival drinks without everything else. x

MrsApplen2be, May 5, 2010
  9. codybear

MrsK2b

I didnt want wine at my reception but my H2B really wanted it, so we went for 1/2 bottle of wine per person which has worked out ok. But it does add loads to the budget :D

MrsK2b, May 17, 2010
  10. codybear

juliak

I've been pondering over wine too. My mum has very kindly offered to pay for the wedding breakfast, there are 25 people going to that and mum based it on approx £25 perhead (it's being held in a nice, local restaurant). After enquiring at the restaurant they can do a deal which works out to £18 per head so was thinking maybe having 2 white, 2 rose and 2 red on the table. We are having kir royales as the welcome drink/toast. The evening do is at a friends house for a lot more people but due to our budget we will only be buying a minimal amount of alcohol and probably some mixers/soft drinks. We have asked that people bring a bottle instead!

juliak, May 17, 2010
  11. codybear

Helen

No we aren't going to have wine on tables. It will all be cash bar :D

Helen, May 17, 2010
  12. codybear

poppleminster

No wine for us as we don't really drink but we are brewing our own ginger beer! :)

poppleminster, May 26, 2010
  13. codybear

MrsStanding2Be

Well we were all set not to have wine on our tables then we went and met the wedding co-ordinator and she was like "oh you have to have wine on the tables!" and my mum was sitting there agreeing! i was like hang on your not the one paying for all this! so now were having reception drinks 2 bottles of wine on each table and £700 behind bar!

MrsStanding2Be, May 28, 2010
  14. codybear

Gemz2702

If ur already supplying wine on the table do you need to put money behind the bar too? All wedding co-ordinators use that line to make you feel tight (they did it at all the places we looked at) It works though, we were against the idea until mil2b and mum started nodding in agreement too!

Gemz2702, May 28, 2010
  15. codybear

RJOwens

We won't be having wine on the tables, people can order drinks. We decided to spend the money on a high quality meal instead. Most weddings I have been to with wine on the tables it just ends up getting wasted as a good few people wont be drinking, others will want drinks other than wine and the rest will drink too much wine as there will be extras from the people not drinking it and then get pissed!

(I know this cause I always end up the pissed one :) )

RJOwens, May 29, 2010
  16. codybear

MrsBoucher2B2012

My fil2b makes his own wine that is amazing so he is making 15-20 bottles for the wedding breakfast we only have 29 close family members coming. In the evening we will be having a cash bar, there will be about 85 people coming.

MrsBoucher2B2012, May 29, 2010
  17. codybear

vhc

one wedding i went to last year had wine on tables, but it was in a village hall, so there asn't a bar.

there was loads and loads of drink left over (once the meal was over and we were dancing, not much got drunk, and that which did was the water)

one thing you should think about is making sure that your venue doesn't swipe the wine away once you have finished your meals, but leaves it on the tables (or even gathers it together on one table so people can help themselves - or they could decant what's left into jugs so everyone can see what's left)

that wll mean you don't have to put money behind the bar, and nothing goes to waste.

vhc, May 29, 2010
  18. codybear

Becky

Ooh I like the sound of that! Is it fairly easy to do?

Becky, May 29, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question