Wine Glass Charms!

Discussion in 'DIY Wedding' started by MrsMoo2Be, Jun 25, 2010.

1. MrsMoo2Be

MrsMoo2Be

Yay I found my lead!! But them my stupid laptop wouldnt let me attach any pics last night, so I have brought my camera into work! Cant you see i'm having a very productive day!! :)

These are a few I have made so far.... only another 92 to make!! I have actually enjoyed making these and found it kind of therapeutic!! Even if they were fiddly.... small beads & fat fingers!!!!

They will all be the same, no order in the beads, just blues/white & silver and they will all have butterflies on, just different styles!

Might even bring them into work to do to relieve the bordom!!!

Vikki xxx :D

Attached Files:

MrsMoo2Be, Jun 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsMoo2Be

poppleminster

ooooh now I like these :) Saw someone had ones with names on using alphabet beads but I am not ure how to spell some of the names coming but like these lots to the point where I may have to make some or pinch yours after you get married LOL

poppleminster, Jun 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsMoo2Be

MrsMoo2Be

Thanks.... Ian is very impressed with them and offered to help as well... now I say I have fat fingers his are like jumbo sausages (and the same size hands as mind... small but fat lol) so he had no chance really lolol!!

I did think of alphabet beads but then I thought that would be more hard work and I wouldn't be able to do them until we have the guest list confirmed. I think I might get some for me & Ian so we can have Mr & Mrs on ours instead of butterflies!! As long as people don't go home with them your more than welcome to have them after lol!! (im not going to tell any one to take them etc but I bet a few will)
    I got loads of cheap beads on ebay and the wine rings weren't that expensive on ebay for 100. Im not sure all in all how much they have cost me to make (which I should and will find out so then I know exactly how much everything cost... naughty me) however if ian asks I say oh only about £10 lol

xxxx :)

MrsMoo2Be, Jun 25, 2010
  4. MrsMoo2Be

ilovepink1984

Well done hun, these are really lovely. I love the fact the beads are different colours, shapes and sizes and that the butterflies all look different too. They are really lovely. If I was a guest at your wedding I would def take mine home and probably try and snaffle away some spares!!! :) xxx

ilovepink1984, Jun 25, 2010
  5. MrsMoo2Be

MrsMoo2Be

Thanks!!! :)[​IMG]

I want to get them all made now so I can move onto something else!! Thing is im addicted to buying beads now ha!! Hmmm could make the bridesmaids bracelets from whats left maybe!! ideas ideas ideas!!!

xxx:rolleyes:

MrsMoo2Be, Jun 25, 2010
  6. MrsMoo2Be

Mrsg2b2011

Ooo they are lovely!! I am doing the alphabet beads ones. I have just made for everyone so far & will just not use the ones for people that can't come! :lol: Must admit I would do the same as Pink & take mine home as they are so lovely I would have to use it everytime I have a glass of wine, which isn't often... :) honest...:D :) :) xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 25, 2010
  7. MrsMoo2Be

Mrs T2B (Kel)

very lovely! well done mrsmoo2b :)

the most adventurous diy thing I've done is dry my own petals to make confetti ;)

Mrs T2B (Kel), Jun 25, 2010
  8. MrsMoo2Be

juliak

I love them and yes, i'd take as many home as I could, lol! Keep up the good work Vikki! xx

juliak, Jun 25, 2010
  9. MrsMoo2Be

Helen

:D Ohhh I love those! I'd take mine home too hehe

Helen, Jul 8, 2010
  10. MrsMoo2Be

cadburysbride

Oooo these are lovely. Where did u get the kit from and were they expensive? Would love to make some purple ones!

Well done :eek:

CB x

cadburysbride, Jul 19, 2010
  11. MrsMoo2Be

poppleminster

I've just finished making my charms tonight. You need to buy:

wine charm rings
    4mm links - these attach the charm to the main ring so that it dangles
    beads of your choice, i ued a mixture of purple glass beads and metal star and flower spacer beads.

Look up 'findings' on ebay to locate the charm rings and the links.

Get yourself to poundland for a pair of round nose pliers (small ones) for attaching the charms and off you go :eek:

Another thing to look for on ebay is 'tibetan silver' silver without the high price tag, many UK sellers sell them on but it's really cheap to buy direct and they arrive very quickly. I used tibetan silver heart charms and got 50 for 99p.

There are different types of charm rings - ones that close fully with a clasp and ones that don't properly close - the former need beads with a min of 2mm inside hole or the beads will not go over the clasp. The ones that don't properly close are easier to use as you can use smaller beads and then simply use your pliers to bend up a section of the ring through the loop the other end to make the clasp anyway.

I'll try and post pics and a 'how to do' tomorrow :lol:

poppleminster, Jul 19, 2010
  12. MrsMoo2Be

cadburysbride

cadburysbride, Jul 19, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question