Why Do Photo Machines Take Bad Pictures?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mrsg2b2011, May 27, 2010.

1. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

I had to have my pic taken last night as my driving licence is now 10 years old (makes me feel old now!!!) & I have to renew my photo. Oh yeah & pay £20 for the privilage!!! Anyway as I said I had to have my picture done last night & I look awful!!!! Seriously I swear those photo machines are designed to make everyone look like ex cons just to give the DVLA & UKPA a good old laugh at our expense! I honestly look like quasimodo in them LOL [​IMG] .

Oh well just wondered if anyone here has ever managed to take a good pic in them ever? Must admit my passport one was ok but that was taken in 2002 when you were actually still allowed to slightly smile but not the case anymore.

Nevermind I will just have to hide my driving licence & hope no one has to see it again apart from my new job as they need to see & take a copy so I can get put on company insurance eeekkk think I will be blushing then, haha.

Ho hum its all good just thought you could all laugh at my expense [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mrsg2b2011, May 27, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Mrsg2b2011

May2010bride

I look like 'a serial killer' in my drivers licence pic (exact words of about 16 different people who've seen it).
    My passport is alright, as I was 18 in it so look lovely, innocent & youthful.

My travel card one is terrible, I'd just walked up a hill after being battered by the wind so I have very ruddy cheeks & windy swept hair. Always makes me feel better looking at that one!!

May2010bride, May 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Mrsg2b2011

Helen

Lol I had to renew my driving licence earlier this year and my photo is really awful! Had to have several attempts as I kept wanting to smile. Am dreading renewing my passport :) :lol:

Helen, May 28, 2010
  4. Mrsg2b2011

juliak

I look bloody awful in ALL pics, dreading the wedding ones!

juliak, May 28, 2010
  5. Mrsg2b2011

Helen

I'm sure you can't look as bad as my h2b he hates photos and making him smile is a nightmare. I'm thinking of hiring a stand in for him lol :) or might have to photoshop a smile on his face at least make him look happy about getting married!

Helen, May 28, 2010
  6. Mrsg2b2011

vhc

i am noooooot photogenic in the slightest!

i look awful when i don't smile at all - i cheat by smiling so slightly only i can tell it's a smile, but it makes my face look much less harsh.

DF really does like a criminal in his passport photo. luckily, when i had my passport photo done, the photobooth made it really really really pale (you can see my hair, eyes and mouth!!), which means i don't look horrid (because you can't see me!) :p

i hate to see what the wedding photos turn out like........... :(

vhc, May 28, 2010
  7. Mrsg2b2011

May2010bride

URGH! I hate every single one of my wedding pictures....got the group one up in the house, but I still look ropey in that!!
    And hubby hates his piccy too, so he's not pushing for any others to be displayed either, phew!
    I really can't stand picture of me, anyone else have those annoying friends who bring a camera to every night out...spend the whole night going ninja around the pubs/bars trying to avoid them!

May2010bride, May 28, 2010
  8. Mrsg2b2011

WelshBride

I sent my driving licence off to be re-newed yest, I too felt really old when the letter came through until someone reminded me that its 10 yrs since I applied for my provisional so thats not to bad lol!

I had my photo taken for it in a photo shop, the woman showed me the picture to make sure it was ok but my hair was sticking out at the side so I asked her if she could do it again. She looked at me as if I was some crazed lunatic!! lol! Told her I'm stuck with that photo for the next 10 yrs (and I'll be using it for my passport) so I dont want to look any worse than I already do. So she took another photo, printed them off and when I looked at it when I got home the stupid woman had printed the first lot off wit my hair sticking out!!!! GRRRRR!!!!!

WelshBride, May 28, 2010
  9. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Thank goodness I am not the only one!!! LOL they are so awful I swear my face looks lopsided.
    I REALLY hate having my pic taken. We had some professional ones done in January on our son's 1st birthday & the one on the wall I just hate!!! I just look horrible only reason we bought it was because Ryan was giving such a cheeky smile.

LOL h2b doesn't smile in pics either. Have to catch him smiling naturally otherwise he will do a Chandler from friends! [​IMG]

So glad I am not the only one, have to adnit when I used to work for the P.O. alot of peoples spare pictures from their passport forms used to get left behind & we used to joke that we could put them up on the wall & have a mug shot/ escaped convict or serial killer collage. We never did though we kindly destroyed them if they didn't collect them in a month or so. Just seems like a conspiracy to make sure everyone looks bad in those pics I think. LOL.

Oh & maybride YES those annoying friends who come out, think they are David Bailey, go home drunk & spent the next 2 hours uploading them to Facebook [​IMG] they are so annoying I am same as you try to run & hide as soon as I see so much as the flash going off in another direction. [​IMG]

Mrsg2b2011, May 28, 2010
  10. Mrsg2b2011

juliak

My h2b does the Wallace & Gromit face if he knows a pic is being taken, it really doesn't do him justice and he doesn't even realise he's doing it. I'll try to upload a pic!

juliak, May 28, 2010
  11. Mrsg2b2011

MrsApplen2be

Mine isnt too bad but then im 17 and fresh faced and about 5 sizes smaller than I am now lol. They joys of aging! I look ok in pics actually what is said about me is I look gorgeous in pics and nothing like it in real life...I dont think I should take that as a compliment really. x

MrsApplen2be, May 28, 2010
  12. Mrsg2b2011

Becky

I hate those bloomin' machines! The only time I've ever liked a picture was when I had one done at the age of 16 and it made me look like I was wearing make-up (at the time I wasn't allowed to).

Apart from that, I look ab-so-lute-ly awful in all of them! My passport one is the worst - I had a long sweepy fringe, and they made me push it right away from my head so that I was 'passport photo compliant'. Given the size of my forehead (ie huuuuuge) it's not the most flattering of pics!! I've had a shorter fringe evver since... [​IMG]

Becky, May 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question