Who Will Be Giving You Away?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by lauriex, Jun 25, 2011.

1. lauriex

lauriex

Hi ladies :) I've not been about on this for a few months.. I've been busy with work and stuff. Now the New Year is here, part of my resolution is to make time to get on here for a chin wag :)

Its been lovely reading through the new posts added to this thread :) xoxox

lauriex, Jan 3, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. lauriex

MrsGroves2B

My Dad is giving me awa.> I could never ask anyone else. I am an only child and a real Daddy's girl at heart.

I have always said that, God forbid, anything was to happen to my Dad I would ask my Godfather to give me away as I've known them all my life, they've been our next door neighbours all my life, even when we both moved house we still became next door neighbours! I got baptized at the age of 23 and I chose them to be my Godparents as we've been so close as a family all my life so they're a bit like second parents to me.

xx

MrsGroves2B, Aug 23, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. lauriex

ThisKissx

I will be having my bilogical Dad as he is always there for me and I live with him...so I think that was quite obvious.

I know my sister had my Dad (her real dad) and her stepdad walk her down the aisle and they both said we do. They were more than happy to do this as this was her chose and they get on okay.

x

ThisKissx, Oct 28, 2012
  4. lauriex

MrsLBD2B

My dad is giving me away, although I would love my mum to as well. I saw this at a wedding once and it was so lovely.

Big problem is whether we will all fit down the aisle!

MrsLBD2B, Oct 29, 2012
  5. lauriex

FoxySlim

I have asked my brother to give me away, I do see my dad but have always said since I was a kid that my brother would do it as my dad was a bit rubbish. I'm toying with the idea of asking my grandad to join my brother but it depends on his health at the time.x

FoxySlim, Nov 10, 2012
  6. lauriex

EandN

I thought about asking my mum (but its not her kind of thing), so my dad (technically step-dad) has agreed to give me away.
    Although he and my FH have decided that when we walk down the aisle, they're going to do rock/paper/scissors and the loser gets to keep me.

EandN, Jan 31, 2013
    Becky likes this.
  7. lauriex

koodle

Ive decided to have my mum and dad walk me down the aisle, its an american tradition, but I dont really think it should just be my dad, there both giving me away! lol.

koodle, Feb 24, 2013
  8. lauriex

Suzi83

Well, we're not having an aisle as such but my dad will be walking me to where my fiancé is standing. Thankfully, I'm close to most of my family so if for some reason my dad couldn't do it, I have my brothers who could step in.

Suzi83, Aug 29, 2013
  9. lauriex

TungstenAffinity

My stepdad and my uncle will be giving me away. At one point, I would have only said my uncle, but after my mom got ill and passed away a few years ago, my stepdad and I became close. So I plan on having both of them involved in giving me away.

TungstenAffinity, Oct 9, 2013
  10. lauriex

emily_leigh

I walked in with my husband to be - I didn't like the idea of being 'given away' and I'd already decided to be with him so why not... although it wasn't a Church wedding, maybe that makes a difference?

emily_leigh, Feb 13, 2014
  11. lauriex

RomanLebedev

I would also like ..

RomanLebedev, Aug 25, 2018
  12. lauriex

Scottish Mernymph

So much this^

Scottish Mernymph, Oct 20, 2018
  13. lauriex

Scottish Mernymph

I'm thinking as a proud Scot I may arrange to have a lone piper pipe me in to the ceremony(as I have nobody to give me away-can't even give me away lols), I think I may keep this as a nice wee surprise to my groom & witnesses haha

Scottish Mernymph, Oct 21, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question