Where would allow me to rent a marquee on their premises? (North east)

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by Sarahph10, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Sarahph10

Sarahph10

Hi all first post here, we're looking at getting Wed 2017/2018 however we are looking to do something pretty informal and my H2B had the idea of putting a marquee up somewhere after the ceremony, somewhere we could have fire pits, hog roasts maybe and perhaps an outdoor stage? like a big festival if you will :)

I have no idea where to begin on looking somewhere that can do this though! we'd rather not have a town hall and would prefer something in the countryside.

looking forward to chatting with you all :D

Sarahph10, Mar 5, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. Sarahph10

Becky Administrator

Welcome to the forum! :)

That sounds like an awesome idea! Your best bet might be to get in touch with local farmers / landowners and see if they have any fields to hire out. If you're not sure where to start, then you could always try getting in touch with a local marquee company first to see if they know who has spaces for hire. Where in the UK are you?

Becky, Mar 7, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. Sarahph10

LoveBugs

Hello :)

Nice Idea, i like it. We´ve had something similar for our afterparty. We´ve rented a big tent for afterparty and buffet, everyone was glad to be here on that day. You just have to ask some landowners, like my "before poster" said. Its not difficult. Only to find out which area belongs to which owner is difficult. But for this you can ask on your local government-office/Town-Hall. I am sure they will inform you. At least i can recommend you this provider for marquees/tents/Army tents and so on, because this is the one where we rented our big event tent. It wasnt super duper cheap, but it wasn expensive tough. Definitive worth it if you know how to use that tent in most effective way. :) Only have good memories of that day. <3

Regards.

LoveBugs, Mar 17, 2016
    Becky likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question