Where Is Everyone Going On Honeymoon?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsBrown, May 12, 2010.

1. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Its great to share all our exciting plans.. so just wondered where people are going on honeymoon?

We took ages to decide but in the end we went for 1 week in corsica ina villa with a pool and 5 nights in paris in an apartment overlooking the effiel tower.... I am so excited!!

I cant wait to relax with my hubby, hopefully have a bit of autumn sun and chill! I just wish we could get more than 2 weeks off work (and have enough money) to stay away for longer!

MrsBrown, May 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBrown

MrsApplen2be

So far were not having a honeymoon [​IMG] due to having to use my wedding savings to pay for my degree i thought I would get funding for and havent. We have asked for money as wedding pressies though so fingers crossed people are generous and we have enough to go somewhere even if its paris for a few days. I really want to go somewhere. x

MrsApplen2be, May 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

I am sure you can have a honeymoon at home! homemoon!! You can still relax and do nice things together enjoying married life. Your degree will last a life time, a honeymoon 2 weeks!

MrsBrown, May 12, 2010
  4. MrsBrown

ilovepink1984

We aren't sure if we are having a honeymoon either. With us being teachers we will have to book before the wedding as would have to go in October half term so can't rely on generous gifts to pay. Also, we have 2 small children and would like to go away alone so it will have to be a short break so as not to burden them on anyone for too long and we'll miss them too much. Only ever stayed apart a night at a time before. We are thinking Rome (my fav place) or Paris or Prague for a city break for about 3 nights. Get married on a Friday and not sure whether to go away on the Sat or not, otherwise we will spend the night at home with in-laws. What a wedding come down. We also thought we might go away walking in the Lakes for a few nights and then have the children join us for a few days (in laws live near here so could take them home with them after the wedding). Decisions decisions! Can't really afford anything either!!!

ilovepink1984, May 12, 2010
  5. MrsBrown

vhc

i'm glad we're not the only couple not going on honeymoon! [​IMG]

we really just can't afford it.

plus, i run my own business, so I can't just shut the shop for a few days!

vhc, May 13, 2010
  6. MrsBrown

flo2310

MrsBrown2Be, your honeymoon sounds great :) I love Paris so much.

There are so many options for honeymoons in England - a friend of mine hired a cottage in Dorest for a few days and just relaxed and did some lovely walks with her new hubby.. that might be something to look into just to have a short break away from it all...

We are off to Baros, Maldives for 10 nights for ours. We are getting married in October but are going away over Xmas and New Year as we wanted to spend our first one together as a married couple somewhere special, and also I can't take much time off during term time becuase of uni and my job. We are making the most of the honeymoon and it is prooving quite expensive so we have set up a honeymoon giftlist with our travel agents so guests can put money towards some of the itinary of the holiday.

I am so excited... can't wait to get away from it all!! xx

flo2310, May 13, 2010
  7. MrsBrown

Jaybabes

We were booked to go to Dominican but after the Haiti disaster I thought the aftermath may spill over and wasn't sure about going back after that so we cancelled hoping to decide on somewhere else to go but the wedding costs have snowballed so the honeymoon money has been gazumped.

We've asked for donations to a honeymoon instead of wedding presents so hopefully get enough to book up last minute and get away somewhere for a few days.

Jaybabes, May 13, 2010
  8. MrsBrown

fall3n-ang3l

since were getting married in the seychells that is also our honeymoon

sarah

fall3n-ang3l, May 13, 2010
  9. MrsBrown

Helen

We are getting married in Canada so thats sort of our honeymoon although we do have everyone with us lol.

Think we will try to go for a couple of nights later on in the year by ourselves, just somewhere in the uk :D

Helen, May 15, 2010
  10. MrsBrown

Becky Administrator

We're planning on going to the US for 3 weeks, and will travel round a bit. Maybe New York for a long weekend, California for a few days, the Grand Canyon, NASA in Texas maybe (Ian's choice!!) and end it with somewhere relaxing. As you can tell, we've not really thought it through yet as most of the places that we want to go to are at opposite ends of the (very big) country! Really should make a start on planning it... [​IMG]

Becky, May 15, 2010
  11. MrsBrown

Clarantino

We've just booked ours last weekend, Maldives and cannot wait!!! [​IMG] xx

Clarantino, May 16, 2010
  12. MrsBrown

Becky Administrator

Of course all of this depends on Mr Volcano - there was a guy on the news saying it could cause problems for 20 YEARS!! I know a few people that have got married recently and had to postpone their honeymoon, but that is just ridiculous!!

Becky, May 16, 2010
  13. MrsBrown

*Pink-bride*

becky, if your doing usa, vegas is a must!
    and the gran cannyon is amazing!
    we are hoping to go vegas for a couple of nights and then maybe hawaii?
    xx

*Pink-bride*, May 16, 2010
  14. MrsBrown

Opehlia Cherish

We aren't having a honeymoon as we can't really afford it at the moment. Once our debts are paid we are going to put some money aside each money to save up. At the moment we are thinking about doing something for our 5 year anniversary, by that time our son will be 6 1/2 and my parents will be able to have him for a few weeks.

I think we may plan a day trip to a zoo for a couple of days after our big day.

Opehlia Cherish, May 16, 2010
  15. MrsBrown

WelshBride

We cant afford to book a honeymoon either [​IMG]

We get married on a Fri and we are hoping to go away somewhere local on the Sat just the two of us (we've got a 5yr old son) for a night or two. We're also asking for money as presents intead of a gift list so again, depending on how generous our guests are, we're thinking of going to Disneyland Paris for a few days in Nov, truthfully we're just big kids at heart lol and we've got to go somewhere suitable for our son coz I could never go away without him!

WelshBride, May 16, 2010
  16. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

If this ash cloud continues, i reckon we wont be going anywhere!!!! Maybe a honeymoon at home would be a better plan ha ha

MrsBrown, May 17, 2010
  17. MrsBrown

iPrincess26

We have our honeymoon planned. We are doing a tour of Italy over 2 weeks, plan is to fly into Naples hire a car and fly home from Milan. I've been to Florence, Rome and Venice before and can't wait to go back OH has never been to Italy but really wants to go. We have even planned the route, the only thing to be decided is when we actually make it there - all depends on what funds we have.

iPrincess26, May 17, 2010
  18. MrsBrown

MrsK2b

I'm off to Thailand 2 days after my wedding :D

MrsK2b, May 17, 2010
  19. MrsBrown

VikingWife

We are off to the Maldives in December to Meeru Island Resort and staying in a jacuzzi water villa...soooo excited!

VikingWife, May 18, 2010
  20. MrsBrown

natzini

We're going to California, we've got family there and will be hiring a car :(

natzini, May 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question