Where I Found My £850 Wedding Dress For £300!

Discussion in 'Best Buys and Bargains' started by MrsMay2011, Jun 10, 2010.

1. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

Hi everyone,

I found my wedding dress at Copplestones Bridal in Liverpool and paid £299 for it! Couldn't believe it. It is a discount bridal shop and I have to admit I was reluctant, thinking that they would all be 'rejects' and that I didn't want to get my dress from a 'bargain basement'. I only went in the end to humour my mum and at least pretend to look at cheaper dresses.

Well, I was amazed, lots of (genuinely!) lovely dresses, all brand new. This is dress I have bought:

http://www.magicmomentscollections.com/item/Raylia_Ruth_7632_Bridal_Dress/8525/c240 I looooove the detail!

I had very nearly decided on this one: http://www.bridalbasement.co.uk/image-viewer.htm?gallery4/Fgallery4-55.jpg but tried 'The One' on literally at the last minute, thank goodness! They are both gorgeous but the other one suited my figure better (ie made me look thinner, ha ha!)

Don't go expecting the full on attentive service you'd get in a 'proper' bridal shop, no glasses of wine or anything, and you are left to select and try on the dresses yourself. In some ways I preferred this as we weren't hurried at all and could be brutally honest, but I can understand that some people might want a bit more 'hands on' service. The woman was was helpful when I had any questions, and popped her head into the changing room now and again but otherwise left us alone. The shop will do your alterations for you if needed, and carry out fittings as per a normal bridal shop BUT you have to take your dress home with you and store it yourself. Its at my mums house now (I'm q anxious in case the cat gets at it!!) hanging up in a white cotton duvet cover!

Wow I've gone on a bit-yikes - I'm just so excited to have saved so much money AND got my dream dress. (Don't get me wrong I no way would have bought a dress from there that I didn't LOVE, just because they are cheaper!)

Plus only my mum (and dad) and BM know how much it actually cost, I'm telling everyone else the full price, so I can't rave about my bargain to anyone else - how frustrating!! ha ha.

xxx

MrsMay2011, Jun 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsMay2011

poppleminster

What a beautiful dress! Awesome price for it too. Thanks for the links, am off to nose around! :)

poppleminster, Jun 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsMay2011

juliak

MrsMay I personally prefer the first dress anyway, I think it's stunning and has more of an effect than the 2nd one, so fair play to you for getting such a huge bargain! Think of the left over money that you can use on something else!
    xxx

juliak, Jun 10, 2010
  4. MrsMay2011

Becky Administrator

Well done you - bargain-tastic! :) I love the detail on the bodice, it's so pretty!

Becky, Jun 10, 2010
  5. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

Thats what I thought - My mum just thinks I should knock the left over money off the budget. Er....no!

MrsMay2011, Jun 10, 2010
  6. MrsMay2011

juliak

Ha ha, your mum is plain silly, lol (only joking). Trust mums to be so practical! The thing is you know she's probably right too, darn! I say spend it on something else!!!
    x

juliak, Jun 10, 2010
  7. MrsMay2011

Mrsg2b2011

WOW what a bargain. Your dress is STUNNING! I agree with Julia I prefer the dress you have bought it is just beautiful.
    Blees mums they are always so practial aren't they lol drop it off the budget, no way has mean prettier jewellrey or more drink or maore guests.....the list in endless! :)
    Well done hun that is a brilliant bargain!!!
    xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 11, 2010
  8. MrsMay2011

Helen

Lovely dress :) you must be really pleased!

Helen, Jun 11, 2010
  9. MrsMay2011

Mrs T2B (Kel)

bargain.. gorgeous dress.. I bet you're smiling from ear to ear [​IMG]

and don't worry about not telling people your bargain .. do the best thing .. when / if they ask what it cost.. just say 'enough' and then smile broadly :)

Mrs T2B (Kel), Jun 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question