When To Have An Outdoor Wedding?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsStobe813, Aug 1, 2011.

1. MrsStobe813

MrsStobe813

Hello all,
    I am planning to have an outdoor civil ceremony in 2013 in a beautiful venue here in Bristol. The problem is, my venue is outdoors so I want to pick a month that is nearly always warm and sunny! We were considering August but, it'd be 2 years to the day tomorrow and..looking out there now, it might just be the wrong month, so I was thinking about May? What do others think? I want it not to be rainy (I don't mind it being a bit overcast if not bright blue sunny skies!) but I don't want all my poor guests cooked to a cinder either! Can anyone advise me from experience which month is best? I shall be sorting out H2B tonight!

Many thanks

MrsStobe813 x

MrsStobe813, Aug 1, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsStobe813

Becky

Hmmm that's a tricky one, given that UK weather is notoriously difficult to predict!

I've had a look at the average UK weather map on the met office website, and from that it looks like April will be your best bet ironically!!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/averages/ukmapavge.html

Click on 'rainfall' at the side and then click through the different months.

Hope this helps!

Becky, Aug 1, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsStobe813

poppleminster

I opted for may as this year was the driest for decades and all the flowers I like are cheap then. Although our venue is not outdoors, it is only a small triangle folly so rain could be fun.

poppleminster, Aug 1, 2011
  4. MrsStobe813

MrsStobe813

That's great! Many thanks! I think I might opt for May, which means I only have 21 months to go! Erk!

MrsStobe813, Aug 1, 2011
  5. MrsStobe813

Becky

I got married on 7th May - it's a lovely time of year! That being said, we did have a bit of rain in the morning but the sun came out when we were saying our vows :)

Becky, Aug 1, 2011
  6. MrsStobe813

MrsStobe813

MrsStobe813, Aug 1, 2011
  7. MrsStobe813

MrsStobe813

Aww wow!! We were considering 3rd May 2012 but we noticed it's my my fiance's Dad's big 60 so that went right out the window lol! We were planning 2n Augusst 2013 up until now but it's pretty murky out there!

MrsStobe813 x

MrsStobe813, Aug 1, 2011
  8. MrsStobe813

Helen

Based on the last couple of years I would go for May or Spetember. However I think you are just as likely to be lucky with a dry day between those not to mention October has been fabulous recently!

The one thing you can't control is the weather, I think you just have to choose your month and hope for the best! Maybe choose the month according to what flowers will be out in the gardens of your venue?

We had an outdoor ceremony (in Canada) in early May which should have been early summer, however they had a freak snowstorm the week before and the melt that had been well underway was put back about two weeks, so although it was sunny and warm there was snow underfoot!

That is the risk of an outdoor wedding, I'm pleased we went for the outdoor option and I would def do it again and take the risk. :)

Good luck!

Helen, Aug 1, 2011
  9. MrsStobe813

MrsStobe813

We've chopped an change so many times! e were going to go with June 12th at one time but it's 4 days after my Dad's birthday!

I think the thing is I panicked as..if it's like this..those skies aren't going to look too blue in our wedding photos, though that sai, it hasn't rained!

MrsStobe813 x

MrsStobe813, Aug 1, 2011
  10. MrsStobe813

Anon_SA

Meh, other people's days are always going to get in the way so go with what's right for you. I married my husband on his mother's birthday but that didn't cause any problems! In fact she said she had the best birthday ever!

We also got married in May (the day before Becky) and we had glorious weather!

Anon_SA, Aug 1, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question