When Can I Start....

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsStanding2Be, Jun 6, 2010.

1. MrsStanding2Be

MrsStanding2Be

buying things and going to dress fittings?, i have booked the church, venue and dj but i really badly wanna go try on my lovely dress!, i have bought 1 pack of evening invites, and 6 plastic bowls for the sweets, lipgloss and watches for the bridemaids, all of this is outta my own money not outta the wedding fund, except the bookings......on the other site people have pics of them going to fittings and i am so jealous!

i dont get married until 2012 but i am getting to the piont where i cant wait!!!!!

MrsStanding2Be, Jun 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsStanding2Be

poppleminster

I'm getting married in sep 2012 and have done loads already. I've got most of my room decorations, made some of my invites and got my dress :)

poppleminster, Jun 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsStanding2Be

MrsStanding2Be

wow i'm getting married aug 2012, and i feel like i have to wait until 2011 to start properly but i cant wait lol, i know my mum will wanna go dress shopping with me so i feel i should wait but its killing me lol

4. MrsStanding2Be

MrsCoyleToBe

We're Nov 2012 and so far we have bought -

BM gifts
    BM jewellery and accessories inc faux fur shrug, shoes and headband
    My jewellery and accessories inc jacket, shoes and tiara
    Order my dress
    Table centres
    Cake topper
    Bought h2b and best man ties
    Picked flowers just need to get them nearer the time (silk)
    Picked venue and caterers just need to book them in the next few weeks
    Got thank you cards
    Made pouches for invites and bought all the other bits and pieces for them (will make the rest of invites nearer the time)

Can't think what else we've done but as you can see, it's loads! We want as much as possible done before the end of the year as I won't have any spare time at all after the summer hols (I'm a student). :)

MrsCoyleToBe, Jun 6, 2010
  5. MrsStanding2Be

MrsStanding2Be

MrsCoyle2be: well i was going to buy my own jewelley but i asked H2B if he could get it as it would mean more to me, i'm going to buy my own headband and veil asap plus my shoes as they will probs discontinue, H2B hasnt even asked hisbest man to be his best man! lol, he wont go looking for suits till nearer the time and thats up to him, but centre pieces i cant book until 2011, flowers till 2011, cars i'm gonna leave as long as possible and try and haggle it down abit more! so i'm not sure what else to do?

6. MrsStanding2Be

MrsBoucher2B2012

Im the same, mine is June 2012 but i cant wait. I have booked the church, found the reception venue just have to have a look and book it, i have ordered my dress should be here in just over 3weeks eek excited, got the bags for my favour, the DJ comes with the venue, got the stuff to start making my invites order of services and everything else. I think that is it but im not sure. I cant get Abi's dress because we have no idea what size she will be so i will have to get that in April 2012. We are also going to look at photographer in the next couple of weeks.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 6, 2010
  7. MrsStanding2Be

MrsStanding2Be

MrsBoucher2B2012 i really wanna go try on my dress with my mate but i know my mum will wanna come and i told her i was going to start looking march 2011 but i dont think i can wait that long and she will be on my back saying the usual " you may change your mind blah blah blah" so i dunno what to do....my mate said she will keep it at her house till our wedding day.....but i just really cant wait for 2011!

8. MrsStanding2Be

MrsBoucher2B2012

I dont think there is any harm in going to try it on, Me and my MOH went to look at dresses the other day just for the fun factor really, i didnt see anything that tempted me so that is a good sign i think/hope.
    My MIL2B is keeping the dress at theirs so Gareth doesnt stumble across it in the next two years.

9. MrsStanding2Be

MrsStanding2Be

i was going to go once with moh and once with my mum so i can go see my lovely dress and so she dont feel left out?, i'm abit worried that the shop will say we are looking too early though?

10. MrsStanding2Be

MrsBoucher2B2012

The woman in the shop i went into asked when i was getting married and i just said 29th June, she asked if it was this year and i said no, she didnt care what year as long as it wasnt this month

11. MrsStanding2Be

Mrsg2b2011

Go look at dresses hun!!! Two tears is fab you have all that time to prepare & enjoy it!!!! Go for it, they won't tell you that you can't try on dresses in the shop & if they do just go somewhere else :( . they should be polite to you if you want your business!

I started buying bits for my wedding last April when we 1st got engaged even though we hadn't set a date. Couldn't help myself :lol: . If you have room to store it then do it ESPECIALLY if you see a bargain. Many a times i have thought I would wait to get something & have missed out :) . never again though xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 6, 2010
  12. MrsStanding2Be

MrsBrown

Oh boy, your all so organised!! I am going to pinch you all and make you help me with mine!! Ha ha

MrsBrown, Jun 6, 2010
  13. MrsStanding2Be

Mrsg2b2011

Lol mrsbrown well any help you need you know where we are :) . xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 6, 2010
  14. MrsStanding2Be

MrsBrown

ha ha.. you are all just fab!! I just need to all here to sort the remainder of my long list out he he!!!

I also need an extra weeks leave for work just for dress fittings, hair trials and all the other bits and bobs out! I have decided that you should get extra leave when you are getting married, a bit like maternity leave only before the wedding to prepare ha ha!!

MrsBrown, Jun 6, 2010
  15. MrsStanding2Be

poppleminster

there is only one issue with be organised. I already have two wedding dresses having changed my mind and getting another one from ebay and I can't stop buying bits for the tables. By the time it gets to 2012 i'll have enough stuff to fill a shop LOL.

On the plus side, money spent now means more money later for honeymoon! Win. :)

poppleminster, Jun 6, 2010
  16. MrsStanding2Be

Mrsg2b2011

Exactly poppleminster. Its all good. x

Mrsbrown I totally agree!!! One weeks compulsary fully paid wedding leave for the week leading up to the wedding. Mmmm maybe we could start a petition & send it to Mr Cameron :) xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 6, 2010
  17. MrsStanding2Be

MrsBrown

plus another 5 days flex leave for the odd days when you need a random day off for organising something! Or either or, i not fussy!!

MrsBrown, Jun 6, 2010
  18. MrsStanding2Be

Mrsg2b2011

Yes sounds good I am loving the sound of this!! LOL well didn't he say he was planning on giving tax breaks to married couples. Couldn't he do this instead?:) xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 6, 2010
  19. MrsStanding2Be

MrsBrown

yer £3 a week or a weeks leave, Ill go for a weeks leave! I wonder if you could renew your vows yearly just to get the extra hols!! Wonder if H2b gets leave in our plan too... He could have leave if only used for wedding planning, or a give an extra week to me and no planning?? I can guess already he would sooner go to work ha ha!

MrsBrown, Jun 6, 2010
  20. MrsStanding2Be

MrsBrown

Just asked him... he said 'what is there to do that would fill a week?' aghhhhhh men!!!

MrsBrown, Jun 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question