What To Look For When Visiting Venues?

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by rainbowbride, Jul 14, 2010.

1. rainbowbride

rainbowbride

Hello!

With our first venue reception visit coming up on Saturday (we've got no money for other things so thought this would be a really fun and exciting and Free thing to do!), it's just struck me that maybe I should actually have a think about the sort of things I should be looking for and asking about!

Um

:lol:

Help?

:(

rainbowbride, Jul 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. rainbowbride

MrsBrown

if you are anything like me.. you just look fall in love and book then think of important questions ha ha

With the benefit of heinsite I would suggest the following things though I am sure people may add more

1. The cost!!! How much do you think you might want to spend per head on food, drink,.... any extras they add on.. (be prepared to try not to have a OMG face when they tell you the price)!!
    2. Have a think about how many guests do you think you might have before you go? some venue require a min number which might alter the cost.. check this out. You might want a small intimate wedding but they have a minimum of 60 or more and will charge you for this. Thats ok as long as it is what you want
    3. What sort of entertainment you having? will there be space for it, and what is the space like????. We ruled out one venue because although it stated it seated 80, about 20 of them were sat hiding round a corner
    4. do they have specific suppliers you need to use... (ours does and has really added to cost..... maybe i should have thought about that one!)
    5 Timings? do they finish at a certain time that your happy with. Remeber you might think that you want to dance until 3am.. but you will have been on your feet and up very early so....
    6. Do they hold more than 1 wedding at a time... if so are you happy with this and how do they accomodate you both?
    7. I think you should ask about drinks prices for your guests... my friend got a bargin with her venue but we were all charged an arm and a leg for a drink which caused a few rumbles amongst guests
    Are you likely to have guests staying if so you might want to look at accomodation? will they discount this for you?

hope that helps in some way and good luck. let us know how you get on? Where are you going to look? (We are all nosy!!!!)

MrsBrown, Jul 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. rainbowbride

iPrincess26

Think MrsBrown has covered it - Ask about drinks packages / price and corkage charges if you can provide your own wine (for the toast etc) as sometimes it works out cheaper - also ask about what extra's they provide - Cake board & knife, master of ceremonies, table linen, red carpet.

Also you might want to look at photo opp's and what decoration they have/ will have (if you know what date you want) , also find out if they have any wedding open days so that you can see the place set up for a wedding - and if they have a list of preferred suppliers - these can be good for florists & photographers who know the building - and you can always meet with them to discuss the place and if you don't like them / they are out of budget you will have gained some ideas to given to your chosen ones.

Hope it helps and you have a great day looking. :( xx

iPrincess26, Jul 14, 2010
  4. rainbowbride

MrsT2b!!

Hi.

Decoration. Waht deco are you having on the tables and how many tables will there be?

Im sure there is sooo many other questions but my mind has gone blank and I think MrsBrown2b has covered most stuff!!!
    Let you know if I think of anything else!!
    x x

MrsT2b!!, Jul 15, 2010
  5. rainbowbride

poppleminster

Ask if you book it now, if they will hold the price at this years prices :) You can usually get them to do this even if as far as 2012 away.

When you look at venues, maybe look at lots of options, sometimes the places you think are really expensive will match the price of somewhere else to get the booking. A lot of people find that they endn up booking a place they'd never have expected to like. As you have a while, time is on your side here so don't be dazzled by the first place, shop around. Have fun!

poppleminster, Jul 15, 2010
  6. rainbowbride

Becky

I think MrsBrown2b covered the important stuff! I forgot to ask our venue whether they allowed fireworks, so that might be a good question to ask if you want them. They will probably have some albums available for you to look at which can give you a real idea of what it would look like on the day - definitely worth asking to see some if they don't mention it.

Hope you have fun! Let us know how it goes :)

Becky, Jul 16, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question