What Pets Have People Got/had?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by juliak, Jun 16, 2010.

1. juliak

juliak

Hi guys, as we're getting to know each other and our families a little more I thought I'd see what animal members of the family you have....
    I had an alsation called Shane when I was very little, about 3.
    I've had goldfish, one of which I won from the fair and it lived for 15 years!
    Two catfish called Timmy and Sammy,my mum sold them grr.
    A Russian hamster called Robbie. I will admit I stole him from a petshop when I was about 13, I wasn't a thief in any other way, please believe me, but he was all along in his tank and I thought at the time it was more liberation than theft. I had to carry him home, about 3miles, in my coat pocket.
    A vietnamese pot bellied pig called Rocky,
    A goat, can't remember her name but we had togive her away as she really pissed the neighbours of with her noise in the night, if you havn't heard a goat really go for it believe me it's LOUD!
    Whilst I was pregnant with Jake I lived back with my mum and dad and we had rats, they were so friendly and you could teach them things, my favourite was Minstrel.
    Now we've got 3 cats, would have been 5 but we lost one at birth and the other ran away/got lost
    We've still got Nougat, Caramel and Fudge the others were called Toffee and Treacle!
    Oooh that was longer than I thought it would be! Sorry (not really).

juliak, Jun 16, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. juliak

WelshBride

When I was a kid we used to have budgies called joey, josie and gabby and then we had a cocatiel(sp??) called cocky! I had a little balck cat called sooty that I loved but didnt notice until 2wks after she had gone missing that she'd actually gone lol!

We've now got a corn snake called hagrid (h2b is a harry potter fan) we did have one called harry but she died, we've also got a hamster called bubbles. Our little one is nagging for a rabbit as well now, so will prob have one soon lol!

WelshBride, Jun 16, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. juliak

MrsBrown

I dont have any pets, though would really like a dog. MY H2b is very allergic to cats so thats a no go!

My parents just recently lost their boxer dog, but we saw so much of them and she was a loveable, if slightly bonkers dog. We were all very sad when she died! they break hearts!!

MrsBrown, Jun 16, 2010
  4. juliak

poppleminster

I've had:

African clawed toad named Sherbet that I still miss
    Cats - Griswald and Pumpkin (both in the kitty catnip place in the sky)
    Cats - Cake and Death, both just over a year old and very much alive!
    Vole - nibbles, still alive
    Mouse - Niblet, rescued but currently lost in the lounge still
    Hamster - LFC Little Fluffy Could
    Rusian Dwarf Hamster called Trotsky
    Rabbits - Tiger, Pumpkin and Pyro all in the mother of all rabbit runs in the garden
    Pleco - 2 huge suckermouth catfish pleco's called Margaret and Dennis

I can't live without some animals around. I've always wanted a springer spaniel but just can't look after a dog all the time I am renting a house as so few landlords accept pets at all let alone dogs.

poppleminster, Jun 16, 2010
  5. juliak

Frogbitch

We have a 16 year old burmese cat called Sofa, and a nutty 2 year old border collie called Adric.
    Adric tries to kill all other animals, so the cat now lives upstairs, and the dog downstairs.

Attached Files:

Frogbitch, Jun 16, 2010
  6. juliak

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

When I was little my mum & dad had budgies, not loads all together but we would get one when another had died. Think Percy was the best one.
    We had rabbits 1st was Thumper wo was back & white & adorable. We had had her for ages when my sister got a rabbit for her birthday called Chloe & she was a nasty rabbit. Thumper used to bang her back legs whenever Chloe was near her but we didn't know at the time that that was their warning for danger! Anyway one night my mum went to put Chloes food into her huntch & she bit my mum's hand so hard she had to have stitches!!! Lucky enough it wasn't my brother who went there at the time as he was only 5 & it could have so easily been his face. We didn't keep her of course & peace was restored again.
    After Thumper we had Smudge who was another lovely rabbit. She would follow us round the garden & do the figure of 8 around our ankles as we hung out the washing & would push a football around the garden with her nose!

I don't have any pets now. I want to get a rabbit when Ryan is older as think its good to teach kids how to look after other living things. He loves dogs always has done & will stop in the street to point at one & stroke it if he can. I wouldn't get a dog at the moment & if I am really honest its because I am too lazy to get up & walk it in the morning & at night. Suppose its best to be honest rather than get one & not walk it. Not that I would ever be that cruel but you know what I mean! Also would love a cat but Mark is allergic so thats a no go. xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 16, 2010
  7. juliak

juliak

Some lovely and some sad stories!!
    Frog, Sofa and Adric are gorgeous!
    Spence didn't want any cats at all but I persuaded him to have one of our neighbours kittens, that's Nougat (nuggsie), then we found her doing very naughty things with another cat on our living room floor and hey presto, we ended up with four more. I had agreed before she had them that we would only keep 2 if she had four but then Treacle died, I gave Spence a look and we ended up keeping the remaining 3!!
    Just trying to find some pics now.
    Mrsg, I know exactly what you mean, I would have loved an alsation but would have been too lazy which isn't fair, and Spence and my step daughter are quite wary of dogs too.

juliak, Jun 16, 2010
  8. juliak

MrsWalker2be

we have lenny he is a british bulldog!! i love him xxx

Attached Files:

• 058.jpg
      058.jpg
      File size:
      186.6 KB
      Views:
    • 033.jpg
      033.jpg
      File size:
      67.6 KB
      Views:
    • 200.jpg
      200.jpg
      File size:
      111 KB
      Views:
    • 354.jpg
      354.jpg
      File size:
      463.2 KB
      Views:
    • 359.jpg
      359.jpg
      File size:
      411 KB
      Views:
    MrsWalker2be, Jun 16, 2010
  9. juliak

juliak

He is lovely, he looks like a real sweetheart too.... or are his looks deceiving???

juliak, Jun 16, 2010
  10. juliak

MrsWalker2be

no no, he is the most innocent dog going!! apart from his farts......................my god they stink to high heaven!!! lol

but you gotta take the good with the bad! xxxx

11. juliak

juliak

Sounds like Spence and Jake....like you say take the good with the bad!!!! ;)
    He is snuggly though isn't he, I particularly like the middle pic, bless him.
    Is he slobbery? x

juliak, Jun 16, 2010
  12. juliak

MrsWalker2be

no not at all!!! apart from he breathes heavily , but thats how they have been breed over the years! xxx

hi loves his cuddles too! xx

13. juliak

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

Aaah Jaime-Lee he is gorgeous!! Can just imagine snuggling up to him on the sofa!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 16, 2010
  14. juliak

MrsWalker2be

thanks he is gorgeous! xxx

MrsWalker2be, Jun 17, 2010
  15. juliak

juliak

juliak, Jun 17, 2010
  16. juliak

Clarantino

I've had:

A black lab called Prince (when I was very little)
    A yorkshire terrier called Whisky
    Millions of fish
    3 hamsters: Mars, Snowflake (adopted) and Ruby

And now I have the most amazing house rabbit EVER!! He's called Winston and is so affectionate I love him so much! (Almost as much as H2B but not quite :) )

My parents also have a border terrier called Spike who is mental and the friendliest dog you can wish to meet.

I love animals! :D xx

Clarantino, Jun 17, 2010
  17. juliak

MrsBoucher2B2012

I grew up being surrounded by cats so cant name them all. We dont have any living with us now but my mum is looking after my two cats Button II and Babydoll. i use to have a pair of rats called Coco and Chanel. I once had a rabbit called Carrot top and another one called Midnight. I had a dog called Holly (xmas rescue bless her).

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 17, 2010
  18. juliak

ilovepink1984

Julia - I am so jealous of you. Please can I have your cats?!?! I am a massive cat lover but we live in a rented house and aren't allowed big animals :lol:

Was surrounded my various cats when I was growing up. Started with Seb (mum named him after Seb Coe who she fancied!!) and Ivory. They died of old age and we adopted Patricia! from my cousin whos gf was prgnant and they didn't want her anymore! Turned out she was pregnant! and we had 4 kittens for a while - Buster, Betsy, Maisy and Daisy. We kept Buster but him and Pat both got ran over on the main road near our house :lol: Then we got Chester from an animal rescue place Hes, big and white and fluffy and very timid and doesn't go out. Hes old now but lovely. Then we adopted Willow from a frind but she was really aggressive and turned out she had a brain tumour and had to be put down :D Then we got Whisper, another resue cat who grey and white and HUGE. Hes bonkers. Thenwe got a Maine Coone cross ginger fluffy thing from a friend and hes called Jasper. Then I moved out and I miss them all like crazy!! We have a hamster called Snowy who is very cute but not a patch on the cats!!

Oh, and we also had a rabbit called Benji when we were little and lots of goldfish - 2 who lived for about 10 yrs. They were called Phil and Lil - like the rugrats!!

ilovepink1984, Jun 17, 2010
  19. juliak

vhc

I've got 4 chickens from my relationship with my ex - they live with him, but they belong to me. (they live on a farm and they've got much more space than if they moved to live with me in the town with a tiny tiny garden)
    Started off with 3 - Jessica, Monica and Erica.
    Monica got attacked by a fox and died
    then we got 2 ex-battery hens - Rita and Sandra
    sandra died due to old age and trauma (ex-batts tend to die young because they've had such a hard time)
    so we got 3 new hens, Mary, Tina and Pamela
    Mary had to be put down because she had a problem (which the vet reckons she was born with) with her digestion system - basically she couldn't digest anything and it was all going sour in her crop.
    last week we had to get Jessica put down because she was diagnosed with a tumour.

This week Rita is poorly and undergoing an xray today, so we hope she'll be okay.

DF has 2 cats, called Johann and Sebastian (he's a church organist, so music mad!)
    they live in his house, so i live with them.
    cats are weird.

vhc, Jun 17, 2010
  20. juliak

Gemz2702

I had my first cat when I was 4 years old, I went up the shop with one of mum's friends and we must have got sidetracked on the way home (This is what mum tells me) because we came home with a cat. Of course mum couldn't really say no by this point as I had already named it......................Cabbage? She was a really lovely ginger black and white cat and I have early memories of dangling string down the stairs for her to chase! When I was about 7 mum sat me down to tell me Cabbage had ran away with a boy cat and was probably going to be really happy and have lots of kittens. I believed the story until I was about 12, When I realised mum had made it up because she didn't want to tell me cabbage had died. Mum told me that a week after "Cabbs" had died I came out of school all excited saying I had seen Cabbage running over the fields with a boy cat. I did have to laugh when she told me this!

Since then I have had numerous Rabbits and some more really lovely cats called scampi and Teabag. Mum now has a completely insane looking dog called molly who always looks like shes been dragged through a hedge backwards and a black cat called Tetley (Get it? Tetley and Teabag). I on the other hand have a really affectionate cat called MIlo who is nearly a year old. I say affectionate, everyone else would probably say naughty (he loves climbing trees and carrying frogs around the garden. He never hurts them though!) Me and H2b have a running joke that I'm gonna bring him to the wedding, which I wont! lol x

Gemz2702, Jun 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question