What Is The First 'wedding Present' You Bought?

Discussion in 'Veterans' started by Helen, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Helen

Helen

We didn't have a wedding gift list as the things we would like are larger items (like a new washing machine!) or things from different places so we asked for vouchers or money.

We went shopping last week and spent the first bit of our wedding money on... a super king sized duvet and a hedge trimmer! Interesting combination haha. What was the first item you bought?

Helen, Jul 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Helen

Becky

We asked for vouchers, and we're saving them until we've bought a house next year. We don't have any more room for 'stuff' right now! Can't wait to spend them :)

Becky, Jul 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Helen

Frogbitch

We spent all ours on an I-pad, so that Russ can keep an eye on his forums when away from home.
    On our honeymoon, we sat on the rooftop terrace in Florence, watching old Doctor Who episodes and drinking wine, with the Duomo in the background. Bliss!

Frogbitch, Jul 13, 2011
  4. Helen

SeptemberBride

We have also asked for vouchers and money, vouchers will go on house stuff I guess and then the money will hopefully be our spending money for our honeymoon, we haven't booked anything yet but both have the week off work after the wedding so hoping to get a late booking somewhere x

SeptemberBride, Jul 14, 2011
  5. Helen

Zoe

We got mostly money (as we cheekily asked for it). I'd love to add a bit more to it and buy a caravan, or more practically, get new carpets upstairs. Ste would LOVE to get an ipad with it though. We used out restaurant voucher last Friday as my mum offered to babysit for us. We had a lovely time eating and drinking on our own. Just wish we could do it more often.

Zoe, Jul 14, 2011
  6. Helen

MrsMay2011

Ooh, good veteran question Mrs.

We asked for money or vouchers for the redecoration of our house. I suppose the actual first things we bought were paint/wallpaper/wallpaper paste etc from B&Q!

But the first truly exciting proper thing was this:

IMG_0656.JPG IMG_0657.JPG

It's from M&S and cost a fortune, but we both loved it. We saw it and kept thinking about it afterwards, so went back a few weeks later and got it! Pics are from the M&S website BTW, not our house. We got a matching nest of tables as well and I keep stroking them both - LOSER! :lol:
    We got a couple of those 'Oslo' armchairs from Next to complete the room after we'd decorated. Now it's my favourite room, I sit in here all the time!

We've got just enough to buy a King size bed if cheap or in sale (soooo neccessary!) and a few random amounts of John Lewis/ debenhams vouchers to accessorise :)

On the subject of wedding presents, my bridesmaid made us this, it's so beautiful, I love it!

IMG_0658.JPG

MrsMay2011, Jul 16, 2011
  7. Helen

Helen

Mrs May your bridesmaid must have spent ages on that! It is wonderful what a great keepsake.

I bought a new bed last year, I've been wanting to for ages as mine I bought very cheap 10 years ago and it was very uncomfortable haha. I went up from a normal double to a superking and omg it is the best thing I did, I sleep soooo much better now with all the extra space! We don't have a very big bedroom, the only thing in there is the bed, but it is worth it lol :D

Helen, Jul 16, 2011
  8. Helen

Becky

That cross-stitch picture is so thoughtful - and really pretty! :D

Becky, Jul 16, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question