We've Picked A Venue!

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by MrsMay2011, Jun 21, 2010.

1. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

I'm so excited! We've booked a venue for our UK reception when we come back from the wedding in NYC! I'm sure its fate, its about 10mins from my house but I never knew it existed. Me & my BM found it by accident when our fave little coffee shop was closed one day (horror!) and we noticed in the window that it had a 2nd branch down the road.

Well it turns out branch #2 was quite large and also a bar. Its within our local ferry terminal (where you can get the ferry across the Mersey!:) ) the interior of which, unbeknownst to me until now, has been done out a bit like a ship's deck, with wrought iron balconys/staircases with wooden floorboards. There is also a large roof terrace with a view of Liverpool's skyline. I've been driving past here for years unaware of how lovely it was inside! I asked if they did weddings and they said yes but they didn't do them very often.

That was all a few months ago, and now having taken H2B, my parents, the in laws, and the bro/sister in laws we've decided to go for it. We're going to have a 'high end' (their words!) BBQ on the roof terrace - vodka soaked pineapple skewers anyone?

Anyway heres some pics....

Attached Files:

MrsMay2011, Jun 21, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsMay2011

poppleminster

oooh very unusual and will look fab and I love the bbq on the terrace idea!

poppleminster, Jun 21, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsMay2011

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

Wow it looks amazing!! How lovely that they don't do many weddings there either it makes it all the more unique to you!! Congrats hunny its gorgeous xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 21, 2010
  4. MrsMay2011

MrsBoucher2B2012

it looks great bet you cant wait now.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 22, 2010
  5. MrsMay2011

juliak

Oooh, I like it. BBQ on the terrace sounds great. It's funny when you find things that have been there all of the time and you didn't realise, that's how I managed to find my dress in a little vintage boutique that I've walked past hundreds of times without noticing it!!

juliak, Jun 22, 2010
  6. MrsMay2011

iPrincess26

wow looks fab and bbq on the terrace sounds great too! Well done you for finding it (bet your not upset about the coffee shop being closed now!):D

iPrincess26, Jun 22, 2010
  7. MrsMay2011

ilovepink1984

Wow, thats so fab! Very different but what a unique place for a reception. NYC and this lovely gem of a place. Lucky, lucky you! Huge case of bride envy going on here!! :D xxx

ilovepink1984, Jun 22, 2010
  8. MrsMay2011

Becky

That looks gorgeous, what an excellent find! I love the BBQ idea - especially the vodka soaked pineapple!! :D

Becky, Jun 22, 2010
  9. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

Thanks everybody.

Julia K - when things like that happen it DEFINITELY fate! Ha ha.

Ilovepink - isn't it funny, with all the worrying/planning sometimes it takes someone else's perspective to make you stop for a minute and go YES! it IS going to be fab, stop stressing about the minor details!! Can't see the wood for the trees sometimes!

The great thing about this forum is that everyone has similarities and differences in their wedding days, making them unique to them, but EVERYONEs without exception sounds wonderful. Just goes to show you don't have to have the "perfect" wedding (as per many of the mags) to have a perfect wedding :)

MrsMay2011, Jun 23, 2010
  10. MrsMay2011

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

Exactly MrsMay!!! I think everyones wedding is perfect to them just longs they enjoy it!! And just longs all the big things are sorted all the little things are just detail but everyone will remember how happy you looked over how much the flowers cost :D xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 23, 2010
  11. MrsMay2011

Helen

What a good idea! I bet it will look amazing, we will def need pics showing how it turns out :D

Helen, Jun 24, 2010
  12. MrsMay2011

Mrs T2B (Kel)

oh wow it looks so cool! and very retro too! you could string up bunting and have a vintage retro chic theme :)

Mrs T2B (Kel), Jun 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question