Weres Everyone From?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tattoobride2be, Aug 4, 2012.

1. tattoobride2be

tattoobride2be

i'm in devon x

tattoobride2be, Aug 4, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. tattoobride2be

MrsC2Be

Originally from South Manchester, but now live in Lymm in Cheshire. Im all about the North West :D

MrsC2Be, Aug 5, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. tattoobride2be

MrsBrown

Sunny Yorkshire :)

MrsBrown, Aug 5, 2012
  4. tattoobride2be

Frogbitch

Have a look a the members' map for an idea of where people are. I'm in Southampton.

Frogbitch, Aug 5, 2012
  5. tattoobride2be

Savage

I'm in Shropshire :)

Savage, Aug 5, 2012
  6. tattoobride2be

MrsGroves2B

I'm from The Black Country area of the West Midlands- I'm from a place called Tipton, but now live about 15-20 minutes away in Wolverhampton. We're getting married in a place called Dudley, which is next to Tipton really. (If anyone knows of or has been to The Black Country Living Museum we're from that area, getting married about 5 minutes from there)

xx

MrsGroves2B, Aug 5, 2012
  7. tattoobride2be

Becky Administrator

Recently moved to Altrincham from Manchester city centre. Originally from Dorset though (technically I was born in Blackpool but moved south when I was one).

Here's a link to the member map for new members (you can find it on the main page underneath your avatar pic)

http://www.bigday.co.uk/membermap/

Becky, Aug 5, 2012
  8. tattoobride2be

MrsC2Be

We're thinking about Altrincham for when we get round to buying :)

MrsC2Be, Aug 5, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  9. tattoobride2be

Becky Administrator

Do it, it's great! :D

Becky, Aug 6, 2012
  10. tattoobride2be

elliekitty

Sheffield :D

elliekitty, Aug 7, 2012
  11. tattoobride2be

gildius

From Cornwall, but moved to Bristol with the bf and some friends a couple of months ago - loving it :)

gildius, Aug 7, 2012
  12. tattoobride2be

nikster1987

I'm from the West Midlands too! Closer to Wolverhampton though. Loved the Black County Museum when I was a kid. Would love to go again! Where are you getting married and having your reception?

nikster1987, Aug 26, 2012
  13. tattoobride2be

MrsT_2be

Born Northamptonshire - lived in Hong Kong from 8mths to age of 5 - then back in UK to Orpington, London Borough of Bromley (very short period) - Buckinghamshire ( 1 year) - Essex (Chelmsford) and now live in Colchester!

MrsT_2be, Aug 27, 2012
  14. tattoobride2be

MrsGroves2B

Sorry, only just noticed this post! Small world! I live about 5 minutes away from New Cross Hospital at the moment!

I was at The Black Country Museum last Wednesday with my Mom and Nan, lovve it there! We did enquire about having our wedding reception there, its fantastic! Very expensive though! Its a real traditional wedding recception- the pub has black pudding, pork pie, etc on the bar, the meal is unlimited fish and chips from the fish and chip shop, street entertainment is a pianist playing the piano in the village, there's a chimney sweep there, the characters dress up, your wedding cake is displayed in the bakery window, you get the whole of the museum to hire, even have a ride on the trolley buses! Loved the idea but just too expensive!

We're getting married in Dudley, not far from the Black Country Museum in the town centre. If you know Dudley town centre at all its the church at the top of the church by the Argos (known as Top Church). Our reception is in Himley in Dudley in a pub called The Dudley Arms by Himley Hall. They have a beautiful function room that's linked to the pub to also completely separated from the pub itself, own car park, own entrance, own bar and toilets.

Where are you getting married?

xx

MrsGroves2B, Aug 29, 2012
  15. tattoobride2be

nikster1987

MrsGroves2B

I've also looked at The Black Country Museum and agree with how expensive it is. Loved the idea of it though.

I know Dudley quite well, and know which church you mentioned, its a lovely church. I did actually look at Himley Hall and the Dudley Arms for our reception, with a church thats a bit closer to us, thats on the way to Sedgley. My partners parents got married there and its a lovely church, which I think will be nice for them to go back for their sons wedding.

We haven't got any concrete plans yet, but I'm looking into all the options I can for us to look over and discuss. I'd love a really tradional wedding.

nikster1987, Aug 30, 2012
  16. tattoobride2be

MrsGroves2B

I know Sedgley really well, my fiance went to secondary school there! I've done a couple of teaching placements at schools there too! Its about a 5-10 minute drive from where my fiance's parents live.

We go to that church, we used to be churchwardens there last year and we're both in the choir there, so it means a lot to us to get married there. Its a lovely church! I love the traditional side of a wedding too, but we've chose an evening only reception to keep the costs down.

xx

MrsGroves2B, Aug 31, 2012
  17. tattoobride2be

nikster1987

Thats great! Well, we don't live too far from there ourselves. My fiance came from the Lanesfield area, but I moved here when we moved in together. I'm from near Bilston originally.

The chruch is beautiful and it would be great if it means a lot to you. I agree with the keeping costs down too. With all the added extras, the cost of weddings are sky rocketing aren't they.

nikster1987, Sep 1, 2012
  18. tattoobride2be

MrsGroves2B

Church wedding fees are going up for 2013, our vicar told us that, but he doesn't know yet how much exactly, but its going to be about another £160+ just for the Church of England things! We're not having bells, so that's saved about £160, and the choir said they'd sing for free, but our choir is small now so it may only consist of about 4 people withou us there! Hehe! That'll save us another £60 ish. We'll see come the Autumn!

I know Bilston, we live on the edge of Bilston, well, we are classed as Wolverhampton, and about 2 miles from the city centre, but we kind of border Wolverhampton City Centre, Bilston, Wednesfield and Willenhall, but are also by Heath Town, so we're central to everywhere!

We both come from Tipton, I'm from Dudley Port side of Tipton.

xx

MrsGroves2B, Sep 1, 2012
  19. tattoobride2be

nikster1987

I know where you mean, its bordering everywhere. A lot of my fiances family are from the Dudley Port/Tipton area. His dad was bought up there.
    You are really getting some good savings! Its good that the choir are singing for free too. I've read about the cost of church wedding going up, and was trying to find out how much by. My friend got married recently and said hers cost about £450ish, which I think is good.

Really looking forward to planning now, with the help of these forums too :)

nikster1987, Sep 1, 2012
  20. tattoobride2be

MrsGroves2B

Small world! Hehe!

Yes, we've had some great deals, but even with deals the cost of getting married is so expensive. The church and reception we said were the most important parts, the rest were extras. We've got the cake and cars covered through some money my Nan was saving up for me. I wasn't going to use it but she wanted me to use part of it for the wedding bless her, so she's covered the remaining cost of the cars and the cake.

Enjoy the planning! Its fun!

xx

MrsGroves2B, Sep 2, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question