Wedding Themes...

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by MrsC2Be, May 2, 2010.

1. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

We're having an Alice in Wonderland theme - my name is Alice and have had the micky taken out of me for it forever (Alice, Alice, who the f*** is Alice etc etc lol) so am making the most of it!!

So, anyone got any interesting themes for their wedding?

MrsC2Be, May 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsC2Be

Becky

Ooh I love the Alice in Wonderland idea! What things are you doing to incorporating it as a theme?

I don't have a theme as such, but a few bits will be 1930s inspired.

Becky, May 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsC2Be

MrsCoyleToBe

We didn't have a theme initially but it seems to be subtle sparkles now purely because I like things that sparkle so when I started buying things the theme just appeared. Our colours are red, black and white. :D

MrsCoyleToBe, May 2, 2010
  4. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Well I'm going to put the bridesmaids in blue dresses with white sashes like Alice. Were going to make our own favours which will be little heart shaped jam tarts. Gonna get the groom, best man and ushers pocket watches like the white rabbit.

I want to get croquet for outside if they'll let us, and maybe a giant chess board, which would be brilliant to keep people occupied while we get photos done.

Table names after characters, wonky mad hatter style cake, crazy multicoloured flowers, playing card theme for stationery etc etc

It goes on and on!!!

MrsC2Be, May 2, 2010
  5. MrsC2Be

Becky

MrsC2Be - that sounds fantastic! Shame we've got to wait so long to see some pics! [​IMG]

Becky, May 2, 2010
  6. MrsC2Be

B2BmrsGregory

MrsC2Be, love your theme [​IMG]

We don't have a theme as such but trying to match the bridesmaid dress with colours which is teal.

B2BmrsGregory, May 2, 2010
  7. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

I know, it's so long away!!! I've pretty much got it all planned out in my head already anyway, so when I can finally get stuff booked there'll be no stopping me!

Teal is lovely, I was thinking about that for a while.

MrsC2Be, May 2, 2010
  8. MrsC2Be

MrsSA2B

Your theme sounds lovely. We aren't really having a theme as such but we do want a relaxed atmosphere based around the idea of outdoor living and eating. We have the use of a beautiful terrace with amazing views and want to make the most of it so we are turning it into a romantic mediterranean courtyard and bring it through to the conservatory and indoor spaces. This is just for the decoration though.

MrsSA2B, May 2, 2010
  9. MrsC2Be

WelshBride

We're having love hearts (as in the sweets) as a theme. All started by finding bargin stationary with them on when we first started planning. So its now turned into a bit of a love heart/retro theme now :)

WelshBride, May 2, 2010
  10. MrsC2Be

MrsApplen2be

Tying in my colours and flowers so fuschia pink and gerberas. The colour chosen by my bridesmaids and the flowers I chose because their fun. x

MrsApplen2be, May 2, 2010
  11. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Sounds like everyones got some brilliant stuff going on! Like the love heart thing!

I'm glad I've finally decided on something, because I pretty much like everything :)

MrsC2Be, May 3, 2010
  12. MrsC2Be

mrsp2be

Obviously ours is forever away and our plan is to marry in Turkey.
    However if we stay in the UK we want a "Horse racing theme" not sure how to incorporate it
    Any suggestions gratefully received

Clair xx

mrsp2be, May 3, 2010
  13. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

How about doing a race night at the reception? it's brilliant fun!!

MrsC2Be, May 3, 2010
  14. MrsC2Be

Mrsg2b2011

Hi everyone. We haven't got a theme as such but our colours are teal & cerise. The bms & fgs are wearing cerise with maybe a teal underskirt (my dresses are being made by my very talented friend) & the men will be wearing teal. There will be LOADS of sparkle though!!!
    Mrscoyle2b I have bought 1000 scatter crystals off ebay for £5 & they are really good! The shop is called andreasallthatglitters. Was really impressed when they arrived [​IMG] .
    Hope evryones plans are going well xxx

Mrsg2b2011, May 4, 2010
  15. MrsC2Be

MrsBrown

We are having a garden themed wedding. My fiance proposed in our garden (whilst I had a bunch of leeks in my hand!!!!- he is so romantic he he!!) So we decided to have it as our theme. So far our ideas are: Naming our tables after parts of the garden (not sure who will be sat in the veg patch!!), we having lots of flowers with herbs and a rustic feel, small choc bars tied in raffata as favours and vegetable markers for place names. The topper for our cake is a bride and groom with spades and a wheel barrow.

Our colours are purple/ plum with lots of green and pink too.

Our venue is quite rustic and also has gorgeous gardens we can explore after the wedding... really hoping for Sun!!

Trying to think of an unusual idea for the seating plan, if anyone has any ideas?

MrsBrown, May 4, 2010
  16. MrsC2Be

FlowerCo

What a lovely theme! it will look stunning!
    Zoe x

FlowerCo, May 5, 2010
  17. MrsC2Be

MrsO'Sullivan2be

Our Theme is Summer Vintage Hall ...

The colours we have choosen are White, Creams & Blues
    Groom & Best Man in Navy, white shirt, ivory wasitcoat - tie to match bridemaids (ivory Carnations as buttonholes)
    Bridesmaids in Perwinkle / moonlight blue (Blue hydrangers & Eucalptus for flowers)

My Dress is Oyster ... lace / and crystals & for my flowers Blue hydrangers, Ivory Carnations, Stephanotis & Eucalptus

AS for decorations, I will be making over 100 meters of bunting in various blues / creams
    Fairy lights in blue and white, we have little clear vases from Ikea which will hold a blue & ivory flower in each ... table names are after formula one teams (h2b passion) My dad has also made wooden maps of Australia as h2b is an Aussie and they will be on the tables as well holding Australia & English flags ...

We have an Arch which will have fairy lights and lavender tied to it ... and either side massive pots of Blue Hydrangers ...

So your probably thinking will all the blues go, but I think it will be a very relaxed theme - as I didnt choose one blue and then get all the same ... as I know in myself that if I had done that and at any point it not matched would of FREAKED out ... ha ha

x

MrsO'Sullivan2be, May 5, 2010
  18. MrsC2Be

MrsCoyleToBe

Thanks but I managed to get some off ebay too. I got larger ones too so I can use them as my centerpieces. If you would like a link for the seller I got the larger ones from, just email me :)

MrsCoyleToBe, May 5, 2010
  19. MrsC2Be

Helen

Wow everyone has such great ideas! I need to get thinking :D

Helen, May 6, 2010
  20. MrsC2Be

tobeamrs

Mrs Brown to be, I am getting married on 10th Sept this year too!

tobeamrs, May 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question