Wedding Shoes

Discussion in 'Best Buys and Bargains' started by MrsApplen2be, May 23, 2010.

1. MrsApplen2be

ilovepink1984

Oops, but you got lots and lots of beautiful things!! And they are super funky!! I've just been reading the reviews on the mens hair putty and shower gel so might get them for H2B and I really want the Sit Tight Cellulite buster. Saw it in store the other day and ALMOST bought it but just read reviews and looks like it works! Def what I need! My thighs are the thing I hate the most about my boday - post babies!! Didn't see the glow motion and glow getter so I'm off to take a look. Facial peel sounds good too. Oh, and the righteous body butter is to die for!

Oops, we have turned a wedding shoes thread into a beauty products thread!! xxx

ilovepink1984, Jun 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsApplen2be

juliak

It appears we have, ooops. Sorry Mrsapplen2be!
    I hate my upper thighs and bum as they are absolutey rife with bloody cellulite and my stomach and bingo wings are not good either. Luckily my wedding underwear (the most unnattractive flesh coloured spanx type thing) will even it out a lot but still want to try and get rid of some of it (apparently dry body brushing prior to showering is also very effective), and i've got a bolero type jacket as part of the dress so my upper arms will be covered quite a lot but thought the glowy stuff might help them look a little better if I want to remove the jacket! Us poor bloody women!

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsApplen2be

ilovepink1984

Found out the third off ends tomorrow so I just bought Sit Tight and The Firminator and saved £8! yay. Not sure you are meant to use them together but I will use Sit Tight on bum and thighs as you are meant to and The Firminator on my stomach and arms. Heres hoping they work!! I might opt for Spanx type thing but would ideally like something sexy so will have to see how much of my wobbly stomach my dress shows off when it comes in - but not until end of August! The things we do to look good for our men!! xxx

4. MrsApplen2be

juliak

Ha ha, I don't feel so bad now you've bought stuff too! I admit, I already have the Firminator :p .
    Unfortunately I had to wear something practical as opposed to sexy under my dress as it's satiny (not a real word I don't think) but you know what I mean and it skims every bloody lump and bump! I'm so frustrated that I havn't physically got my dress yet as I want to put a pic on here and see what everyone thinks. :(

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
  5. MrsApplen2be

ilovepink1984

Haha, does it work at all? Don't really mind if it doesn't as I love the smell and feel of all their stuff so at least I'll be moisturised!!

Ah, can't wait to see your dress. When do you get it? As soon as you post it, you know everyone will be telling you how lovely it is! And its not long til you get to wear it yet is it? How exciting! xx

6. MrsApplen2be

juliak

I know, it's only 47 days!
    I'm hoping that this time my dress has actually been given to the seamstress to take up and therefore i'm hoping this week! It should have gone weeks ago.
    I have a terrible confession to make.....I havn't sent the invites out yet, luckily it's only the evening ones as I know who's coming to the ceremony and breakfast!

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
  7. MrsApplen2be

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

Ok Julia & Pink I am now going to HAVE to go shopping on boots.com now to see this wonderful product!!!

Julia lol about the invites oh well as you say atleast you know who is coming to the day so you can sort the seating plan. No one really plans their evenings this far in advance anyway so nothing to worry about :D xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 14, 2010
  8. MrsApplen2be

iPrincess26

I must be the exception to the rule then as my entire day is fully planned from start to finish - inc evening do! but thats just me I hate being organised and if I'm bang on time for something i feel like i'm late (OH really will panic if i'm late on the day)

iPrincess26, Jun 14, 2010
  9. MrsApplen2be

ilovepink1984

Julia- don't worry about the invites. Sounds like you have your day planned so you can be a bit more relaxed about the evening. People probably won't need time off work, will they?, so its not as urgent as the day guests. Thats my reasoning anyway!! We won't send our evening invites until we start getting our RSVPs back for the day. This is mainly because H2B has invited his friends from Middlesbrough who are 4 hrs way and 2 of them have little money and the wedding is on a Friday so they would need days off work and hotels. Looks unlikely they will make it. Therefore, their spaces will be given to H2Bs work colleagues who are all on the evening list at the mo due to limited numbers and they all live locally. Priority for the day has been given to those living miles and miles away!

iPrincess - you are extremely organised. Nothing about my day is really planned yet and its 4 months away! Haven't met with the vicar yet so no ideas on times etc for ceremony, photographs, meal etc etc! Although he did call last night and wants to meet tomorrow at 7.30pm at his house - impossible as we have 2 small children who will be in bed!! Too short notice for a babysitter as well. Hopefully meeting next week so can finally get some timings sorted out and order Order of services.

Mrsg - did you go shopping on Boots?! xxx

ilovepink1984, Jun 15, 2010
  10. MrsApplen2be

juliak

Well to be honest a quite a few of the evening guests work shifts as they are Spences work colleaugues, I used to work with him so know lots of them really well. Unfortunately they're not allowed to request very many shifts off per month and a lot of them won't know what they are working that day as the manager can sometimes be a little slow getting the timesheets/rotas out grr. Luckily the evening do isn't at all structured so doesn't matter too much!

juliak, Jun 15, 2010
  11. MrsApplen2be

ilovepink1984

Grrrrrrrrrrrr for slow bosses!! I would hate not to know what I was working on each day. How annoying. Oh well, if its not structured would you mind them turning up when and if they can? xx

12. MrsApplen2be

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

Yes Pink, looked at Boots.com but by the time pay p&p won't have saved anything so if the sun keeps shining I will take a stroll into town & go into boots there :)xxx

Iprincess you are so organised! Wish I was I think I am but then see how much everyone else has done so far & actually no I am not :) :lol:xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 15, 2010
  13. MrsApplen2be

juliak

Yeah that's fine! Some people will have to leave early if they are working an early the next day, some won't be able to gt there til 9ish if they've been working a late. The only people who can't come are the night workers so just keeping my fingers crossed that the people we're not so bothered about have to work that night or they may be happy to swap with someone who really want to come. I mean that in the nicest sense!

juliak, Jun 15, 2010
  14. MrsApplen2be

ilovepink1984

Fingers crossed you get all the people you want there at some point! Hopefully people are nice as well and offer to swap their shifts.

Mrsg- I got mine delivered to the store to collect for free! Won't make it down til the weekend and I think the offers ends today so I wasn't going to miss out!! How sad!! :lol: xxx

15. MrsApplen2be

juliak

Mrsg I don't know if it's the same where you are but when you order from the boots site you can get it delivered to your local store to pick up and it's free p&p that way!

juliak, Jun 15, 2010
  16. MrsApplen2be

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

Yay I will do that then!!!! Oooh shopping here I come. Means I can be lazy today & not have to walk all the way down the town! Seriously its a mahoosive hill to walk back up!!! I miss my ca:(r xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 15, 2010
  17. MrsApplen2be

ilovepink1984

Oh dear, what are we like. By the time we have finished we will all be broke with all the persuasion we do of buying products!!

Hoorah for the internet and free delivery! No more big hills to trudge back up!! What happened to yor car? I don't drive so its such hard work pushing both kids into town and back - I also have a rather large hill to overcome on the way home - why can't it be the other way around? I might be able to cope with a hill on the way in!! xxx

18. MrsApplen2be

fizzymelon

Ive got 37 days left and not even sent out day invites [​IMG]

fizzymelon, Jun 16, 2010
  19. MrsApplen2be

juliak

Oh Fizzymelon, you definitely deserve a smacked wrist, he he. Thanks for the re-assurance though. Do you're guests already pretty know what's what though?

juliak, Jun 16, 2010
  20. MrsApplen2be

fizzymelon

they all know the date, so im hoping if they need to take time off etc, they have sorted it hahaha... I plan on writing them all tonight! promise lol Im sooo slack at this wedding planning [​IMG]

fizzymelon, Jun 16, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question