Wedding Shoes

Discussion in 'Best Buys and Bargains' started by MrsApplen2be, May 23, 2010.

1. MrsApplen2be

poppleminster

Pedicures scare me! I have never, ever done anything to my feet and they aren't bad considering but the thought of attacking them with files fills me with dread. This is why I have never had a pedicure. I am so phobic that I would quite possibly rather wear wellies than have to sit nervously whilst some poor person tries to reason with me that she does indeed need to take my socks off to do the pedicure...

It looks like it would hurt so how can it be a treat? Fizzymelon - please tell me i'm wrong and they are not really sticks and files and it's all a bad dream and if I go and have a pedicure will all be ok. I have rubbish tiny toenails and triangle little toes and it might hurt and I don't tolerate pain and it's terrifying but I want to wear heels!

Right. Rant over. I am currently bidding on dream shoes on ebay, fingers crossed. Now reminding myself that breathing is necesary and I can calm down as nobody is going to hurt my feet today LOL.

(Incase you hadn't guessed, I don't 'do' pain. I am the woman that didn't have her ears pierced until 18 and even then made my boss come with me incase I cried. Oh and the woman that ran away and locked myself in the loo for 2 hours crying and too scared to open it when told I had to have a c section as the thought of the hurt made me go into shock). When pain is concerned I take irrational to a whole new level LOL!

poppleminster, Jun 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsApplen2be

fizzymelon

Pedicure Instructions...[​IMG]

Get a bowl with warm water, add some oil or bubble bath or foot soak if you have any. a few petals if you really want to pamper yourself

soak feet for 5 minutes.

Remove old nail varnish, file and shape your toe nails

(add cuticle remover if you have any) and soak for 2 mins

then push back cuticles using orange stick

massage some body scrub/salts into feet and lower leg, then rinse off in the bowl.

if you have extra hard skin, use a ped egg/pumice stone or file and rub that area a bit more, dont worry about trying to get rid of it all in one go.

then apply a thick layer of moisturiser and wrap feet in cling wrap, and then in a towel, leave for 5 mins

remove and massage in the excess cream

apply nail varnish if wanted or just a top coat to keep nails looking shiney.

then apply some oil to cuticle area and give a little massage to each toe.

voila... fresh feeling feet!

and they dont hurt at all!!!! pedicures are very relaxing, and if u have regular pedicures, you wont need to spend the time rub down hard skin. just soak, and leave your feet wrapped in moisturiser and warm towels... heavenly!

hope that makes sense, any questions just shout.... I can recoment products if you dont have any thing x

fizzymelon, Jun 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsApplen2be

poppleminster

OK. That all looks reasonable and H2b is on the sofa laughing at the thought of me even attempting such a task. What things do you recommend then? I am no way allowing someone else to prod my feet incase I giggle / cry / scream but I am not opposed to the idea of going out and buying stuff to try it myself. That way, if it hurts then I can stop and come on here and cry at you LOL

4. MrsApplen2be

MrsBoucher2B2012

That great thanks fizztmelon.
    Poppleminster i recommend trying the fair trade foot lotion from Lush, its all natural and really refreshing and cooling. My 225g tub has lasted me a year so far.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 12, 2010
  5. MrsApplen2be

poppleminster

Every time I go into Lush I confuse myelf with all the smells and never know what to buy. Will go into shop, find foot lotion, buy and out without even looking or sniffing at anything else!

6. MrsApplen2be

MrsBoucher2B2012

I am like that i say im only getting such and such and end up with loads of very nice smelling stuff that i dont really need but still love. I also like the body bar called Therapy it has worked wonders on my stretch marks, oh and Dream cream is really rich and lovely on dry skin (i get bad eczema and it works wonders).

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 12, 2010
  7. MrsApplen2be

iPrincess26

Thanks Fizzymelon, i'll def have to give that a go and Dani I might have to brave Lush (all the smells give me a headache when they are mixed in the shop) and try that foot lotion.

Poppleminster you really crack me up I can just picture you attempting to do this (and ~I don't even know what you look like!)

iPrincess26, Jun 12, 2010
  8. MrsApplen2be

juliak

I've said it before and i'll say it again.....PED EGG! Lol x

juliak, Jun 13, 2010
  9. MrsApplen2be

poppleminster

I assumed a ped egg was something found in Ann Summers to improve pelvic floor muscles! I will go into boots tomorrow and attempt to buy the necessary items and complete the procedure above tommorrow night. If I fall about laughing then I blame it on fizzymelon and juliak. It might just stop me being such a misery as i've got the period from hell and h2b is working nights until Tuesday so i'm bored and grumpy LOL

poppleminster, Jun 13, 2010
  10. MrsApplen2be

juliak

Oooh, I wouldn't suggest putting a ped egg there hon.......lol x
    Think i'm due too as have turned into sarcastic psycho bitch from hell today and Spence is going back onto nights tomorrow night, think he'll be glad of the break from me to be honest!

juliak, Jun 13, 2010
  11. MrsApplen2be

Becky

I think 'LOL' is a much abused term on forums, but you did actually make me laugh out loud there!!! :D ;) :lol:

Becky, Jun 13, 2010
  12. MrsApplen2be

ilovepink1984

Thanks for the advice Fizzymelon. My feet are odd - one gets really dry and flaky skin and the other is fine! Bit strange! ;) Have been putton Soap and Glory's Heel Genius cream on the last three nights and sleepin in socks - sexy! - and they are already much better! Softer and almost all the dry skin on my one foot! has disappeared. Would def recommend the cream - smells gorgeous too. LOVE Soap and Glory stuff (in Boots) - the moisturising shower gel is lovely. xxx

ilovepink1984, Jun 14, 2010
  13. MrsApplen2be

poppleminster

Quick - stock up on ice-cream and choc and haribo. Ben is on his last night tonight then has 2 day off then 12 hour days all over the weekend. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I'm off to boots to get pedicure stuff to treat my feet tonight. Still not sure this is a good idea but will keep me busy for a while!

poppleminster, Jun 14, 2010
  14. MrsApplen2be

juliak

Pink, i'm so glad i've found another Soap&Glory lover here! I'm not even going to tell you how many of their products i've got...it's scary!

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
  15. MrsApplen2be

ilovepink1984

Yay, another fan! Its all so fab and smells gorgeous! There's a 1/3 off in Boots on all products at the mo if you need any more!! :p

16. MrsApplen2be

juliak

Oh Pink, it's not a case of needing it, I HAVE to have it!!!!!!
    Still can't get into town at the mo but think I might order online if it's on offer! I'm so very naughty!

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
  17. MrsApplen2be

ilovepink1984

Its so hard to resist! The joys of the internet when you can't get out of the house!! xx

18. MrsApplen2be

juliak

Pink I am now £43.47 lighter!!!! Bought some S&G stuff for h2b too though!
    :p

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
  19. MrsApplen2be

ilovepink1984

Ooh, what did you get? Must have got a fair bit for that price!! :p Never looked at the mens stuff, is it good? Might have to treat H2B and get him addicted too, or is that a good idea?!! xxx

20. MrsApplen2be

juliak

Spence really likes it and I love the smell on him! He's got the Soap'er Man hair and body wash, Al Fresco deodorant body spray, and a A Mans got to Dew moisture facial balm. Probably is a bad idea, ha ha, but I like the fact that it all looks really cool and funky, and the mans toiletries are 3 for 2 at the mo! I got righteous butterbody lotion, which I love, sit tight cellulite buster (never used this before but have read about it loads recently), glow motion and glow getter (I read the reviews and they both sounded so good I couldn't decide so got them both, oops), dry oil body gloss and the fab pore facial peel. Didn't get more, as some stuff wasn't on offer and i'm embarrassed to say i've got pretty much all of the rest. You are a bad influence young lady, ha ha, but it saved me £17 so all good. :p

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question