Wedding Shoes - Please Help

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by Mrs Moggie, May 28, 2010.

1. Mrs Moggie

Mrs Moggie

Hello,
    Can anybody help me? I've got a pair of wedding shoes that I absolutely love. Unfortunately, they won't stay on my feet as I'm walking. I've tried putting heel grips in as the shop suggested, but they just aren't enough. Does anyone know of anywhere that can alter shoes? I want to see whether I can get a strap or buckled added to them. I love them and really don't want to find another pair.

Mrs Moggie, May 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Mrs Moggie

vhc

hmm.
    you won't be able to get them altered.

when you say grips, do you mean something that holds your foot in or something that makes the shoe smaller?

i was thinking like some kind of insert (a bit like you can get to put at the bottom of your ring)

vhc, May 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Mrs Moggie

Helen

Now this may sound a bit silly but I had a pair of shoes that I kept walking out of and I got some coloured ribbon and tied it around the middle of the shoe and over my foot if you know what I mean? It worked surprisingly well and you could have any colour ribbon you liked. Might be worth a try if you really want those shoes. Otherwise it's a good reason to go shoe shopping lol! :(

Helen, May 28, 2010
  4. Mrs Moggie

fizzymelon

spray the inside of the shoe with hair spray and try [​IMG]

fizzymelon, May 28, 2010
  5. Mrs Moggie

Mrsp2011

There is something I heard of but can not remember the name of it, Girls Aloud us them to keep their shoes on. its like a kind of band that goes over the shoe and over your foot.. Ohh wish I could remember... Guess thats no help [​IMG]

Mrsp2011, May 28, 2010
  6. Mrs Moggie

fizzymelon

elastic bands [​IMG]

fizzymelon, May 28, 2010
  7. Mrs Moggie

Becky

I swear by gel cushions under the ball of your foot - they're quite thick so they push your foot back into the heel. That combined with heel grips might do the trick! [​IMG]

Becky, May 28, 2010
  8. Mrs Moggie

Mrs Moggie

Thank you everyone! I'm now on a mission to find some clear rubber bands, although hubby to be is worried I'll cut off the circulation and my feet will be my something blue! ;)

Mrs Moggie, May 29, 2010
  9. Mrs Moggie

Mrs Moggie

I couldn't find clear rubber bands. I did however realise I could use clear bra straps, and they're adjustable so there are no worries about cutting off the circulation to my toes! lol

Mrs Moggie, May 31, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question