Wedding Report - I Could'nt Have Dreamt It Better

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by MrsApplen2be, Aug 8, 2010.

1. MrsApplen2be

MrsC2Be

Your dress is gorgeous :) x

MrsC2Be, Aug 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsApplen2be

Anon_SA

Models never do the dresses justice. Their heart's not in 'em!

Anon_SA, Aug 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsApplen2be

I'mAJones

I've been looking forward to your report and I love what you've written so far. Your proposal was so romantic, well done Stu! Can't wait to read the rest ...

I'mAJones, Sep 4, 2010
  4. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

Ahhh girls im back sorry ive taken so long ive been waiting to show you all my proffessional photos but turns out the 2 friends who did my photos one has given them all to me on a disk and the other apparently cant do it. No idea why but im fed up of waiting now so going to crack on :)

Bridesmaids

I knew who I wanted to be my bridesmaids straight away my oldest friend Becki and my newest friend Laura. I couldnt afford to have all my friends as bridesmaids so felt that was a good way of working it and at the time they were who I was closest too. But like all brides I had major bridesmaid troubles with me nearly sacking Becki as a bridesmaid. She was so unitrested in the wedding never asked me anything, refused to come for fittings and moaned about everything......(Even on the day she was more worried about her hair than helping me). Lucky im quite level headed and never blew my fuse with her. Plus she's so tiny no one would fit in her bridesmaid dress. Anyone else having this sort of trouble with your bridesmaids have it out with them cos when I FINALLY asked her if she wanted to be my bridesmaid she changed her tune. I think she just doesnt understand someone being in love seeing as she is young, free, single and selfish! :)

PIcking the bridesmaid dresses.......and therefore choosing a colour scheme.

After choosing my dress I decided my next step was to choose the bridesmaid dresses. Without them unless you are super organised ( which im not ) you have no colour scheme. Took me ages to get both friends together to come to the bridal shop with me. I gave them free reign of dress and colour (MY BRIDESMAIDS CHOSE MY COLOUR SCHEME) how many brides can say they did that lol. Turns out they chose hot pink......Stu was thrilled but as a man he didnt really get a say in it. I loved the colour for my summer wedding. The first dress we chose was very floaty and grecian. I went home worrying that it would look silly next to my dress. I didnt complain to my bridesmaids though wanted them to be comfortable in whatever they had to spend the day in. After choosing the dress it took me 3 weeks to go back and pay the deposit (I know theres mrs organised again) By this time I had seen a bridesmaid dress in the window I really liked. I mentioned it to Laura my good bridesmaid who in turn took my hint and passed it on to Becki. I asked both girls to come and try on the dress I really liked. Only Laura made it so I told her that in that case the decision on dresses was hers. She chose the "new" dress and I paid the deposits on them there and then. They suited my dress much better.

Here is the bridesmaid dressses on the model (only had the adult ones not the childrens) Ours were Hot pink with an Ivory sash.

[​IMG]

For my little flowergirls I chose floaty gowns from monsoon that had slight sparklies on the top. The dresses are so cute they could easily wear them again. I paid £50 a dress and the week before my wedding they were in the sale for £20 GRRR lol!!

The months of planning!

And so my stressful unorganised planning began. All ill say is im glad I have a multitude of talented friends. One friend who did flower arranging as a hobby offered to do my flowers for me. Another 2 work friends with a keen intrest in photography took on the photos. My cousin did the invites and place names etc as a wedding present. In my head this was me organising haha. What I hadnt bargained on was the extra bits I needed....favours.....vases.....mirrored plates.......A CAKE (which I only sorted 3 months before the wedding as I had forgot lol) I started trying to buy things I spent a small fortune on table crystals and making the children busy bags as gifts. But then forgot to get adults any gifts EEK! result was rushing round day before wedding getting crystal bracelets made and buying whiskey for the men.

I finally managed to get the vases I had searched for months for in a wholesalers. I was about to give up hope of finding tall vases but got there eventually.

Here are my vases on the actual wedding day........missing a flower there were 3 originally, little thiefs had stolen it before photographer had snapped it. Photographer didnt notice but I did!!!

[​IMG]

My poor man wanted to choose his own suits so I let him. Within a week I already knew what he had chosen due to some mysterious phone call leaving a voicemail about his suits on my phone :S I didnt give the game away but a week before the wedding he caved and told me anyway as he wanted me to phone the suit place. Men aye they cant organise anything.

I did eventually get everything I needed....favour bags off ebay and sweets to go in them. Mens favours ok they were another day before the wedding but I had only chose them the day before the wedding too lol. (lottery tickets) My bridesmaid laura and family were going mad with me they said they had never seen such a relaxed bride.....all that was set to change :)

MrsApplen2be, Sep 7, 2010
  5. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

The hen and stag doo's

After I refused to go away for a hen weekend I was hit with Stu informing me he was going to Dublin for a weekend with the boys. As he told me this before I went on a drunken night out with friends I accidentally and drunkenly got talked into a 3 day (which turned into 4) hen somewhere abroad......destination after travel agents IBIZA!!! So isnt me im a home girl need my man hadnt slept away from him in nearly 4 years I was dreading it the closer it got. Worst bit he booked his stag for the bank hol weekend in may and mine was the tues - sat of the week following. In my head that was a week away from stu. Suprized they got me on the plane in the end.

Stu's stag came first and worst bit was as much as I think looking back (and seeing the pics) he enjoyed he really missed me when he was out there and even phoned me up one day crying he missed me so much.......................I know that 1. sounds a bit gay lol and makes him sound like a wet sponge and 2. I sound like a liar haha but its thr truth I couldnt believe it myself but it meant the world that he missed me as much as I knew I was going to miss him. As far as I know they didnt make him do anything stupid. They all had t shirts made to wear out and about and they got in major messes which resulted in TOO MANY naked pictures.....willy pictures and bum pictures.....and male on male bonding lol! but it looked fun.

Here is a pic of stu and some of his mates on his stag. Stu is the one bang on in the middle. The 2 on the right are his best men.

[​IMG]

He came home and everything was amazing. So glad to have him back and then I had to go. :) The girls came over dressed me in the t shirts they had made, a pink tutu and a veil. We got on the bus and we were off. I did really enjoy out there. we had a fab time apart from my friend getting sun stroke and being violently ill. They had me dressed up with sheep (welsh) veils, l plates. We had a blast.

Here is a pic of me and my girls on my hen looking quite calm I must say

[​IMG]

I decided to milk this hen thing and due to some friends and family not making it to Ibiza I wanted a local hen. My bridesmaid planned a black and pink theme (pink being the colour of my wedding) I was really worried about this night as it was the first time my mum and step mum were going to meet EVER. Plus through the years the impression was that they didnt get on. Turns out they were fab especially my mum who went out of her way to make sure she was welcome and I could never love her more for it. What I should have worried about was my chopsy- chavvy aunt who I dont even get on with first had a go at me for loving my other aunt more (as in my mums sister who spoils me rotten and treats me like a daughter) and then had a go at my mother too. I could have killed her she had my mum in tears and spoilt a fab night. We didnt let it spoil it we carried on till the early hours but whats done is done and resulted in me having to tell my dad that if she was planning on coming to the wedding she better shut it or not come at all. ITs one thing to spoil my hen night another thing completely to spoil my wedding!! And once said theres no taking it back even if she left it would still have spoilt it. This worried me for the remainding weeks of the wait and think was the thing that freaked me out and stressed me most.

Here is me looking like a cbeebies presenter on my hen.

[​IMG]

Due to working in a school it was getting to the end of the year sp wedding was fast approaching. I also found out I would be moving class and was absolutely gutted as I loved the girls I worked with 1 being my bridemsaid laura and other photographer. Nobody can match up. They made me an invite to a special day to celebrate another hen with them. (told you I milked it but this one was a suprise)

A few days after the end of term my bridesmaid picked me up and drove me to a pub here i was met by everyone full of hugs and kisses and silly things like fairy wings. I was treated to food and wine and another invite to a friends house ooooh what was going on. At the friends house they had already received a bag of clothes from my wonderful husband to be who had snuck around getting things for them. We had face masks, wine and soppy dvd's ooooooh and CHOCCIE!!! This in itself seemed lovely only to find out we were having a lady come to the house and give us a treatment of our choice. A massage just what I needed a week before my weddin. The nerves and stress were definately kicking in.

Here is me after my massage not looking my best

[​IMG]

After my massage it was followed by girlie gossip and face masks < the masks were awful to get off never use mud its so messy lol. All my hens were so diffrent but I loved them all. xx

MrsApplen2be, Sep 7, 2010
  6. MrsApplen2be

Mrsg2b2011

Aah its sounds so amazing. Your hen nights sound brilliant!!! You look very relaxed after your massage too. You have some lovely friends. Shame about your aunt though! How rude, your poor mum. Bless your mum for really making an effort with your step mum that is so sweet! ..

Haha have to say though I was worried for a second when you said you had put up a pic of your hubbys stag doo right after you said there was a lot of nakedness!! I was worried to scroll down lol :) :lol:xxx

More now please...................... :)

Mrsg2b2011, Sep 7, 2010
  7. MrsApplen2be

iPrincess26

Aww it all sounds so good, More please xx

iPrincess26, Sep 8, 2010
  8. MrsApplen2be

MrsC2Be

Sounds brilliant. I'm up for several hen dos too. The hotel we're staying at before and after the wedding has a spa too. Ace!

MrsC2Be, Sep 8, 2010
  9. MrsApplen2be

ilovepink1984

Aw, lovely! You look beautiful in your pic after the massage - don't know what you're talking about - not looking you best! Keep it coming! xxx

ilovepink1984, Sep 8, 2010
  10. MrsApplen2be

Becky

That sounds amazing - and you look gorgeous in that pic! Can't wait to hear more xxx

Becky, Sep 8, 2010
  11. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

Haha thanks girls....nice to hear you look nice when you have just lifted your head up to find a camera in your face. Tee hee! I will write some more asap x

MrsApplen2be, Sep 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question