Wedding Report - I Could'nt Have Dreamt It Better

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by MrsApplen2be, Aug 8, 2010.

1. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

'Our Wedding Report'

This may be a bit of a long report but its something I want to keep for myself.

The meeting

Aged 16......fresh faced and just out of school. Off I went into my first summer job at farmfoods. Within my first week id met Stu and knew from the onset we had a connection. Our first meeting was over a rubbish bin (How I wish I was joking) talking about college (where he was and where I was going as he is a year older than me.) As I start questioning him on people he may know in college I started to realise it was a bit spooky we knew ALL of the same people only to realise we had gone to the same school for 4 years and neitheir of us can remember each other. Still cant picture him to this day. Within a few weeks it was out that he fancied me but I played a bit harder to get. It didnt take long though he was such a sweet guy I couldnt keep letting him down and we shared our first kiss in a party. All seems so strange to think we started off so young and quite immature and were still going strong to this day.

Falling in love

By the september Stu had transferred to the same college as me......(stalker lol) but we were becoming more and more insepreable. My baby brother and sister were born in the march and with falling in love with them I let myself fall like I never thought was possible in love with Stu. I'd never met someone so sweet, loving and funny. He could and still can crack me up with just a look. As my baby brother and sister got older he was just amazing with them and its safe to say ive been broody since I was 17 because of that. They are still (aged 5) completely smitten with him as am I. My baby brother summed it up one day in the amazement of me turning up alone without Stu he told us all that there "was no sammy without Stu". My father used this line in his speech and im so glad he reminded me of it because we really have always been a pair. The same characters and even though this paragraph is titled falling in love I think I always was in love with my best friend!!!!

Our first big step

Christmas 2006......I begged stu to sleep over my house on christmas eve. Its my fave time of year and I wanted to wake up with the man I loved. He agreed but somewhere around the start of December he slept over every night.....this resulted in him saying I better go home and me saying no. To make a long winded story short he stayed every night for 3 weeks until he was a feature and without even asking permission kind of just moved on in lol. Once in though we started thinking about having our own house. We lived there for a year but then decided that we wanted and needed our own place. In June 2008 and were setting up home. This already felt like a joining of us with our joint mortgage. I just didnt expect the rest to follow so soon.....

Here is a really old picture of us.....he would hate this picture but its the only old one I could find at the mo :D

[​IMG]

*More to come ASAP*

MrsApplen2be, Aug 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsApplen2be

Mrsg2b2011

Oooh I am hooked all ready!! What a lovely romantic story so far!!! Cna't wait for more!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsApplen2be

MrsC2Be

Love it! x

MrsC2Be, Aug 8, 2010
  4. MrsApplen2be

iPrincess26

More, More,More Please!

Such a romantic story love it xx

iPrincess26, Aug 8, 2010
  5. MrsApplen2be

Helen

Aww what a lovely pic! Looking forward to installment number two :D

Helen, Aug 9, 2010
  6. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

Thought i'd write a little bit more this morning as my husband has abandoned me to go out with the best man and were off on honeymoon tomorrow so the rest will have to wait till I get back and hopefully have proffessional pics to share with you then.

The proposal

To say the least I knew my proposal was coming call it an inkling haha. In the march of 2008 my sister in law had gone to Australia to get married. none of her family myself and Stu included were able to be there due to their last minute decision to turn a holiday with her in-laws into a wedding. Anyway they had a big party when she got back. Stu got rather drunk and during their first dance declared that we were going to get engaged this year. Part of me laughed it off but the other part of me had a feeling he was being serious.

Anyway Novemeber came and on the 17th we were due to go and see Coldplay. I had a feeling with coldplay being one of our favourite bands that if there were to be a proposal it would be in the concert. How wrong could I be.

I was in work on the 7th, Stu had taken me to work and due to us sharing a car I also needed picking up from work. I received a txt saying could I ask a friend for a lift home because he "couldnt be bothered to come and get me". This really annoyed me and I was angry with him all the way home. The journey home with a friend from work included us discussing if we would ever get married to which my reply was "one day".

I got home to see my living room curtains drawn......and felt myself bashing on the door calling him all the lazy bleeps under the sun. When he opened the door I automatically assumed something was up in the way he was acting. He covered my eyes and led me into the living room where I was greeted in the dark with the words.........MARRY ME......spelt out in candles and the dot of his question mark was the ring. I was gobsmacked even in my imagination id never realised he would propose like that. Although the candles were one of the most romantic things id ever seen the words that followed were.......So ummmmm you can wear it if you want........which left me in fits of giggles but happily putting on my new engagement ring which by the way was also perfect. A 3 diamond ring........Past....present and future. Exactly the ring id always hinted for. :D

My lovely proposal

[​IMG]

A bit burnt out as this was an after thought :lol:

MrsApplen2be, Aug 9, 2010
  7. MrsApplen2be

Becky

This is so lovely, can't wait to hear the rest! Hope you both have a fantastic time on honeymoon - can't wait to see the pics! :)

Becky, Aug 9, 2010
  8. MrsApplen2be

Mrsg2b2011

Aaah its so romantic! Hope you have a fabulous honeymoon & I really look forward to the rest of the report when you get back xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 9, 2010
  9. MrsApplen2be

iPrincess26

I loved your proposal story it was so romantic, Have a wonderful honeymoon - looking forward to the rest of your report and pic's when you get back. xxx

iPrincess26, Aug 10, 2010
  10. MrsApplen2be

WelshBride

Awww hun it all sounds so lovely! Even though I've heard it all before its still brought a tear to my eye ;) :)

WelshBride, Aug 10, 2010
  11. MrsApplen2be

poppleminster

So glad you have a photo of the proposal, it's really cool. :)

poppleminster, Aug 10, 2010
  12. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

Hi guys just popped on to say i'm back. Had half the proffessional pics back today (2 friends did them for me) one is obviously on the ball and has given them all to me on a disc the other is a bit behind and im still waiting on her and she happens to have the getting ready pictures.

Ill carry on with my report fingers crossed tomorrow. xxx

p.s HONEYMOON WAS AMAZING.....just what I needed, xxx

MrsApplen2be, Aug 19, 2010
  13. MrsApplen2be

MrsC2Be

Glad you had a good time on honeymoon, cant wait to see photos :) x

MrsC2Be, Aug 19, 2010
  14. MrsApplen2be

juliak

Oh my God I am loving it, I want to cry and Spence has got all jealous about the proposal because it's fantastic and what I would have loved.

I am so glad you enjoyed your honeymoon and I can't wait to see and hear more.

xxx

juliak, Aug 20, 2010
  15. MrsApplen2be

Mrsg2b2011

Hello, welcome back! So glad you had a wonderful honeymoon. Hope you get the 2nd lot of your piccies soon! Can not wait for more :) xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 20, 2010
  16. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

Choosing a venue and setting the date!!

Once the proposal had happened I knew straight away I wanted to get married as soon as possible. Once christmas was out of the way I nagged him to within an inch of his life to start looking at venues. Originally I planned my wedding to be a late wedding followed by a hot and cold buffet (this went out of the window when planning due to other peoples opinions as you brides can imagine.) Because we wanted that sort of wedding with no 3 course meal a lot of venues wouldnt do it and some were just plain rude. I found this really good though because it meant I had a true opinion on venues that might have been lovely had I wanted the whole day costing loads but may have been useless once they had the money.

I visited one venue with Stu the Oxwich bay hotel. He set his heart on it straight away and we held a date there for the 24th July 2010. Once we got home and spoke to parents the cost of the travel to this venue became apparent and certainly burst my bubble. I decided to look at venues closer to where we actually lived so that people would be able to get there easily and the cost of transport wouldnt fall on us with our tight budget.

I finally visited the Coach house Glynclydach it was my last resort and if it wasnt perfect then we were having the Oxwich Bay with all the extra cost. I went to the venue with my mum as Stu was working and being a man he was definately fed up of venues at this point. I loved it from the minute I saw it, I held a date with them and was soon dragging Stu up to see it. He was a bit harder to convince as his heart was set in stone with the Oxwich Bay but he soon came round. It was just as beautiful a venue (personally I think more so it just didnt have a beach lol) and meant we were able to save loads of money for other more important things. The date we had held in the Oxwich Bay wasnt available so we had to go for 31st July 2010 but that turned out to be a blessing when the wedding actually rolled round, believe me I needed the extra time to get organised.

So here is a pic of our chosen Venue........and I was soon on my way to having save the dates printed from vistaprint.....bargain I paid £2 for 200 which was basically p&p.

[​IMG]

MrsApplen2be, Aug 20, 2010
  17. MrsApplen2be

MrsBrown

Please dont do anyhting else until you have finished.. no cooking, ironing, working etc etc... Only teasing just cant wait to hear more!! Your venue looks great.

MrsBrown, Aug 20, 2010
  18. MrsApplen2be

ilovepink1984

Ah, this is so so so lovely. Congratulations hun. Can't wait for the rest xxx

ilovepink1984, Aug 20, 2010
  19. MrsApplen2be

iPrincess26

Wow your venue looks spectacular, can't wait to read the rest xx

iPrincess26, Aug 20, 2010
  20. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

The sin I call a wedding mag!!

As with all brides I couldnt wait to buy my first wedding magazine although I think they are a blessing and a sin all rolled into one. I was soon fawning over the pages thinking I needed extravagent centrepieces......confetti cones......favours that cost nearly £10 per head lol. It didnt take me long to snap out of it though and I kept reminding myself the importance of a wedding day. All that matters is that we love each other and we're getting married.

I hate to say it but I did turn into possibly the MOST unorganised bride ever where I was still purchasing things the week before my wedding.

Choosing my dress........got to be the best part.

I loved every minute of choosing my dress. The first time I tried on a wedding dress it was kind of an accident. I always wanted my mum to be with me but going to a friends house after work one day we drove past a bridal shop and couldnt resist going in........to look at bridesmaid colours I told myself. Within 5 minutes the shop assistants had me in a dress. I was convinced it was the one. I got home that day feeling incredibly guilty that I hadnt taken my mum and made another appointment for her to come with me. She cried when she saw me in the dress but I think it was the shock of seeing her baby in a wedding dress and not the fact that the dress was so amazing. My mum is always the level headed person encouraged me to try on more dresses to make sure I was sure. I was soon to realise that I just love wedding dresses (why cant they be what we wear on a night out on the razz) every dress I tried on I absolutely loved. It got to the point where one saturday me, my mum and my auntie headed to swansea and we hit nearly every bridal shop there. It was a fabulous day and in the last shop I was struck with the feeling of.......the one!!!!!!

The shop was amazing I had started to pick out favourite parts of dresses.....I liked A line skirts as they felt more bridal than a fishtail but not so bridal that u had to become a princess. I liked sweetheart necklines as I thought my boobs looked amazing and I suddenly loved trains....which I didnt see coming at all. The shop finally found me a dress with every element I had asked for. It was the one everyone said it. The deposit went down and I was in love. They soon had me in veils and being a girl who said I wouldnt wear a veil as soon as they put one on me I swooned....I was a bride. I had to have one but that was something I chose later.

Heres my dress on the model who does it no justice at all!!

Ella bridal 5243....

[​IMG]

MrsApplen2be, Aug 21, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question