Wedding Planning Tips

Discussion in 'Veterans' started by Becky, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Becky

Becky

I thought it would be useful for us veterans to compile a list of wedding planning tips to help other brides-to-be!

Here are mine:
    1. Don't sweat the small stuff! We couldn't decide on favours, and in the end decided not to have them. No one noticed!
    2. It's tempting to try and match every last detail (eg colours etc) but I promise you that you won't notice on the day if it doesn't quite match. No one is going to be inspecting whether the colour of the ribbon around the napkin exactly matches your bridesmaid dresses!
    3. Making your own stationery can save a few quid - we got our materials from a PaperMill shop and got inspiration from designs online.
    4. Start your table seating plan early once you know who can make it - it takes a surprising amount of time!
    5. Last but not least, DO IT YOUR WAY! :D Tradition is great, but if it's not for you then don't feel pressured to conform.

So those are mine, what are yours?

:)

Becky, Mar 2, 2012
    Anon_SA and poppleminster like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Becky

Anon_SA

1. Totally agree with not sweating the small stuff! I spent a worrying amount of time agonising over my earrings of all things, and due to the way I wore my hair, no one noticed them and you can't see them in any photos anyway!

2. If you've got a long wait between getting engaged and the wedding, don't be tempted to go full speed ahead into planning. I did this and I found I changed my mind on a lot of things along the way. This meant I lost a bit of money selling original bridesmaid dresses for ones I actually liked!

3. Which brings me to, in agreement with the above, do it your way! Don't feel you have to choose 'wedding' things just for the sake of it. Make sure your choices reflect your personalities as a couple.

4. Don't choose bridesmaids/ushers/people to be involved in the wedding because you feel you have to.

5. Some people might not be interested in your wedding - don't let it get to you. Do it for you and your husband/wife to be and not for anyone else. Feel content and secure in the knowledge that you are getting married to solidify a wonderful future together and only the two of you will know how you both feel. Don't waste time trying to convey your blissful happiness to others and feeling frustrated if you can't, otherwise that true feeling of happiness will seemingly pass you by!

Anon_SA, Mar 8, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Becky

Frogbitch

I'll put a bit of thought into this, but for now, I can recommend Pinterest as a great way of collating ideas.

Frogbitch, Mar 9, 2012
  4. Becky

Helen

I think I would say most of all do what you want to do. Choose the things you want and enjoy. :)

Try not to worry about other peoples opinions either, just because they did something differently doesn't mean you have to do the same.

Helen, Apr 15, 2012
  5. Becky

MrsBrown

Agree with that Helen, sometimes I wish I had kept my mouth shut when telling people stuff as people may squirm slightly or say really and that made me doubt my decision.

MrsBrown, Apr 15, 2012
  6. Becky

Becky

It's strange how we often feel like we need to conform to the 'traditional' wedding format! Neither should we feel like our wedding HAS to be unique, right down to the very last exquisite-hand-crafted detail. It should just be what's right for you and your H2B :)

Becky, Apr 17, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question