Wedding Photo Rant

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sparkledream, Sep 29, 2011.

1. sparkledream

sparkledream

Hi everyone, i've been off the site for a while, but just wanted to rant.

I'm seriously f***ed off with my wedding photographer. We got married on june 5th, and apart from having our wedding photo's which weren't fully finalised (end of july ish) which were transfered to our computer, We still do not have our album, dvd's or extra photo's we asked for.

He's so rubbish at communicating, arranges to meet us and doesn;t show. i'm seriously thinking about ringing him and giving him a piece of my mind, thing he, he's a friend of my hubby so we dont want to push it too much, but seriously i've had enough. Even his bussiness partner has split from him.

what do you all think?

:-(

sparkledream, Sep 29, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. sparkledream

Becky Administrator

Hiya, nice to see you back! :)

I'm really sorry to hear that your photographer is being so rubbish, and it must be a really difficult situation to be in given that he's your husbands friend.

Is it him that is actually putting together the album, or is he getting it done by another business? Might be worth asking what the hold up is - whether it's because he needs to finalise the layout, or whether it's a hold up with the album producer instead.

I guess all you can do is to remind him in a firm but polite way that you would like the rest of your package asap. If there is a hold up that is beyond his control, then he should tell you what it is. To be honest, from what you've said he doesn't sound very organised, and I usually find that people like that need to be sorted out by someone else!!

I hope it all works out - keep us updated xxx

Becky, Sep 30, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. sparkledream

Zoe

I agree with Becky. I understand your frustration, but giving him a 'piece of your mind' won't really solve the issues, especially is the problem lies with someone else. I'd be inclined to let him know that you feel upset and a little let down at not having the agreed package. Ask him if he can give you a definite date and then you will have something to look forward to.

My friend got married in April and only got her photobook back last night (I was at her house when he delivered it to her). Was worth the wait though :D

Zoe, Sep 30, 2011
  4. sparkledream

MrsBrown

Bloomin rubbish!! I can understand why you feel fed up, before you give him a piece of your mind I would ring ask him when you will get it, then make up some important date you need it buy (a family event or something!) Hopefully then he will pull his finger out?

If he is ordering from somewhere else it may be there fault but I agree you need this communicating! Ask him if there is a problem with the supplier and suggest you want to use a different one??

Good luck and keepus posted! Good to have you back

MrsBrown, Sep 30, 2011
  5. sparkledream

sparkledream

Hi all, nice to be back, though i fel i have less to chat about now, anywho...

He finally came round last sunday, he's not himself, and has broken up with his business partner. anyway, he has given us some prints that Hubby orderes, and our wedding dvd's which are lush. i'm so pleased with them, and still get all emotional everytime i see them.

still waiting on the album, but should get them by the end of next week, fingers crossed. :p

sparkledream, Oct 7, 2011
    Becky likes this.
  6. sparkledream

MrsMay2011

Ah thank goodness for that! It's a shame you've been messed about so much but at least youve finally got your hands on some pics/DVDS. you must have been beginning to worry that there was a horrendous problem x

MrsMay2011, Oct 8, 2011
  7. sparkledream

sparkledream

HI, yeh. and to top if off, our photographer is going off 'to find himself' in japan. to escape from his problems. leaving me and hubby without our wedding album,. after more empty promices i have had enough and he's going to japan on saturday!

i'm gutted. still no album, yes we have photo's but it's not the same, he promiced us a lovely professional album, and months have gone by, cancled meetings and not turning up.
    soo upset

sparkledream, Oct 20, 2011
  8. sparkledream

MrsBrown

Oh no!! have you paid him? Not that money will ease your stress, but if so tell him you are not prepared to wait until he gets back and you want your money so you can go somewhere else!

Not much I can say, but sending lots of hugs!

MrsBrown, Oct 20, 2011
  9. sparkledream

sparkledream

No, we paid him for the work he did for us on the day, which was great. seens as he did it for mates rates, with 5 weeks notice, was great on the day, and offered us all these extra's we were really happy with him and our photo's are amazing. i'm just soo upset about the whole album thing. for months we've been patient, waiting in when he says he will come round and discuss things with us, or give us some photo's. he says the album will be worth the wait, but i'm so frustrated, part of me doesn't care all that much.

I went around to his house last night, in a last ditch effort to get teh album and some a3 photo's he printed out for us, but he didn;t have them, the album's still not finished, and his mum has the photo's.

yet more delays, Grrrrrr

sparkledream, Oct 21, 2011
  10. sparkledream

Becky Administrator

Oh that's rubbish, I really feel for you. Can you just get the album done by someone else? It's not like you owe him anything after all the rubbish he's put you through! Sounds like you'll be waiting a long time :(

Big hugs xxx

Becky, Oct 21, 2011
  11. sparkledream

poppleminster

Poor you, how annoying. I'd have lost it by now and turned up at his mothers in tears and chaining myself to the railings. Not that i'm a drama queen or anything!

poppleminster, Oct 21, 2011
  12. sparkledream

sparkledream

I kind of lost interest a month ago, and not very upset. i feel that after such a long time rather than 'ooh yay photo's' when i go to show people it will be more like 'oh right, what took u so long' :(

after me knocking on his door, he rang me today and left a message saying he'd spoken to the album people, and it should be finished next week.
    this is the second album he's had done through this finishing company but the 1st wasn't upto his standards, which is fine, we understood that. the thing is the long delays and little communication. i cancled plans with other people, and told family and stuff, then he never shows.

sparkledream, Oct 21, 2011
  13. sparkledream

sparkledream

OMG OMG after being married for 148 days we finally have our wedding album, the only thing is i'm working a night shift, so cant even see it unntil tomorrow.

sparkledream, Oct 31, 2011
  14. sparkledream

MrsMay2011

Aaaarghhh it must driving you mad, have you seen it now? Worth the wait?

MrsMay2011, Nov 1, 2011
  15. sparkledream

Becky Administrator

YAY! :D Are you pleased with it?

Becky, Nov 2, 2011
  16. sparkledream

sparkledream

I love it it's amazing, well worth the wait, but it was a very long frustrating wait. it's lovely :D

sparkledream, Nov 7, 2011
    Becky and MrsBrown like this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question