Wedding - Our Plan

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by rainbowbride, Oct 12, 2010.

1. rainbowbride

rainbowbride

Hello lovely people!

A shocking amount of time has passed since I last updated, and we have also concluded we can't afford much! ;) We cannot afford the legal 'big do' as yet although we do want it, so will be waiting until I get a full time job to start planning that out. However, we can afford our spiritual, meaningful, actual wedding (yay!) so I thought I would come and burble about it! :D

We are getting married at Stonehenge! Yes, right in the circle :D It is going to be absolutely fantastic! We are still however looking for our pagan celebrant so if any of you know one inclined towards celtic/norse ways do let me know! :D

The wedding is going to be on 13th March at 8am - yes I know, but we could have chosen 6.45am instead! It's going to be very small, not least because the maximum head count in the circle is 26, and that includes us and our Pagan.

The plan is to go down to Amesbury area the day before and spend time seeing our friends and being really happy and going out for a meal together the night before. Then first thing in the morning, get married and all go back to our hotel for the most authentic wedding breakfast ever :)

Clothes - work in progress, but definitely nothing medieval. I may be forced to include hair sparklies and decorative fake eyelashes :)
    Rings - from H Samuel who in a shock twist apparently are subscribers to big ethical policies on gold sourcing. Joy!
    Props - likely to include balloons, fairy lights and a pot plant - as you are not allowed to take food, drink or fire into stonehenge...
    Photographer - we have debated this but probably won't have one, as they are liable to have hysterics about their equipment if it rains :) Attendees shall be shoehorned into taking millions of photos instead.
    Hopefully one of our friends will agree to play the harp - she has a small one I think and it would be gorgeous in my mind :)
    Cake - well, as it's breakfast no cake. We're trying to work out instead what we can have as a cake substitute with our cake topper on top - the current best plan is a HUGE stack of pancakes. I think this will be Awesome :)
    Flowers - will probably grab some daffodils from the shops. I love daffodils :)

So that's our plan so far. please feel free to enthuse as I'm really excited and have sneaked on from work to type this! :)

rainbowbride, Oct 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. rainbowbride

MrsC2Be

It sounds gorgeous and you seem super excited so its obviously exactly what you want! Hurrah!

I love the idea of having a harp, that will be lovely, as will the daffodils. The pancake stack idea with a little topper on will look fab :D yaaaaay :D x

MrsC2Be, Oct 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. rainbowbride

MrsSA2B

I think that this will be an amazing day. Very personal and meaningful for the pair of you.

MrsSA2B, Oct 12, 2010
  4. rainbowbride

poppleminster

Sounds brilliant to me :) I did have a list of Pagan celebrants somewhere leftover from a friend who was having a full handfasting. If I can find it then i'll send you any near you. Awesome news that you have this booked!

poppleminster, Oct 12, 2010
  5. rainbowbride

rainbowbride

Ooh thank you Popple! :)

rainbowbride, Oct 12, 2010
  6. rainbowbride

Helen

If you can't find a pagan celebrant in that area you could try a humanist celebrant instead? Or get a friend to do the ceremony, if you had someone willing that would be great as would be really special having someone you know doing the ceremony :) Let us know how you get on!

Loving the pancake idea! :)

Helen, Oct 17, 2010
  7. rainbowbride

Mrs T2B (Kel)

wow.. how romantic and obviously very meaningful for you both.

LOVING the stack of pancakes idea :)

If you're not fussed on actually 'cutting a cake' together why not look at cupcakes / fairy cakes instead.. people can take one away with them and eat later... however given that it will probably be 11am ish I'd say some of them would munch on it then (I would! :wub: )

Mrs T2B (Kel), Oct 24, 2010
  8. rainbowbride

Sarsaparilla

Wow, I think this sounds amazing!!

Some friends of mine had a handfasting ceremony last year and they asked one of our friends to do the service and they all put it together themselves, it was beautiful, so you could always do that if you can't find someone :)

Sarsaparilla, Apr 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question