Wedding Insurance

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by jojo, Dec 5, 2010.

1. jojo

jojo

Hi all,
    I am looking at different types of wedding insurance but am not sure when to take out a policy. We are putting a deposit down for our venue this week. As the wedding isn't until July 2012 and we are not going to be spending anymore for a few months is it better to wait until more deposits are put down nearer the date as there is not much risk at the moment?

jojo, Dec 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. jojo

Mrs T2B (Kel)

when I read up about insurance I read that some policies are only valid if you take out the insurance as soon as you put down the first deposit.

In my opinion you might as well take it out now, it will last until the wedding (of course! :) ) and you're covered, it will never get any cheaper to buy, so if you're getting it, might as well get it asap.

We used Debenhams and went via Quidco and got cash back. Didn't need to use it though thankfully :)

Mrs T2B (Kel), Dec 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. jojo

Becky

I agree with Kel - it's worth doing sooner rather than later. We have taken out insurance, it was fairly cheap but hopefully won't be needed! :)

Becky, Dec 5, 2010
  4. jojo

airy_fairy

I'd go with getting it now - you will need it to cover your venue but also you'll probably pick up bits and pieces here and there when you see good prices - my friend went dress trying on just for ideas, saw a dress on the sale rack that she loved for £400 (reduced from £2400!!) and bought it then and there... you never know!

airy_fairy, Dec 5, 2010
  5. jojo

MrsBoucher2B2012

we arent bothering with insurance everything is paid for using the credit card so it is safe and we just pay off the card as soon as we get the bill using the wedding fund. Our house insurance will cover things like our rings, my dress etc.

But if you are getting you might as well getting it as soon as you start getting stuff booked

MrsBoucher2B2012, Dec 5, 2010
  6. jojo

airy_fairy

the credit cad option works too :) I just wish i could trust myself to pay it off :)

airy_fairy, Dec 6, 2010
  7. jojo

jojo

Thanks everyone I think I will get straight onto it, just for peace of mind its a small price to pay;)

jojo, Dec 6, 2010
  8. jojo

Becky

Good plan :)

Becky, Dec 6, 2010
  9. jojo

MrsBrown

We had to have insurance the venue insisted on it, (it had to incude up to 2million pound (or somet stupid like that) liability insurance in case we burnt down the listed building or something ha ha!!) anyway we had debenhams and luckily didnt burn it down! But we just got some vouchers to use because we didnt make a claim yeh!

MrsBrown, Dec 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question