Wedding Insurance?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Helen, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Helen

Helen

Ages and ages ago while browsing a wedding magazine I flicked through one of the little leaflets advertising wedding insurance and thought that I might look into getting some. Needless to say I never got round to looking into it so that got me wondering how many of you have taken out wedding insurance and if not why not?

When I was going though a few bits last week a huge amount of things covered weren't really applicable to us and our wedding which made me question whether to bother with any.

So what are your thoughts on wedding insurance?

Helen, Apr 12, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Helen

Sez

I havent taken any out yet... not sure if i will. Its one of those things you begrudge having unless you need it!

Sez, Apr 12, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Helen

Becky

We got some - it was fairly cheap and so worth getting. We are fairly sure that one of us won't pull out at the last minute :) but we got it more to cover the things that can go wrong out of our control - eg needing to cancel the date.

Haven't needed it so far thank goodness!

Becky, Apr 12, 2011
  4. Helen

MrsBrown

it was a requirement from our venue that we needed wedding insurance, which had to include public liability insurance. We didnt need to use it, but it wasnt too expensive.

Like all insurances though, the downside is pre-existing stuff not covered. the reason for us needing to cancel would most likely have been my dad being ill, but we wouldnt have been covered as pre-existing medical conditions anyhow.

Ours covered for things like suppliers letting us down, but what you got wouldnt have covered the emotional strain, such as having no photographer. I am not sure if I would have had it, if I hadnt needed to?

MrsBrown, Apr 12, 2011
  5. Helen

MrsBoucher2B2012

we are not getting it, we have used the credit card to buy things and paid it all off straight away using our savings but the card covers what we buy. Our house insurance cover a lot of the wedding stuff so we just never considered getting wedding insurance.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Apr 12, 2011
  6. Helen

Helen

We did take some out over the weekend in the end mainly for the public liability reason (which our UK venue requires), we thought about just insuring for public liability on it's own but it turned out it was only £18 for the whole lot and that included both our overseas wedding and our UK reception.

As with all insurance it made me laugh with the massive list of things it didn't cover, as far as I can work out it would be very hard to claim for anything even if things did go wrong!

Helen, Apr 12, 2011
  7. Helen

poppleminster

Not got any but then i'm not booking a big hotel type event I guess. I could probably have had it but as the bulk of my costs are paid in advance irrespective of the date, it doesn't seem worth it.

poppleminster, Apr 15, 2011
  8. Helen

Helen

We aren't in a hotel, it is a large shed sort of village hall style but it was a requirement of the booking that we have public liability.

July 2010 003.jpg

Picture of the 'shed' in question :)

Helen, Apr 16, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question