Wedding Hairstyles

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by MrsGroves2B, May 21, 2013.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

The last thing I need to decide for myself is what hairstyle I'm having for the big day. Fashion has never been my kind of thing- I wear no make up most of the time and my hair is either down and strightened or tied back in a pony tail, no in between!

Anyway, I've been on Pinterest today (never used it before but my MOH is on there and was going through styles for herself. I found a load of styles I like, and out of those my MOH has selected 4 that she thinks will suit me (things like this I need people to look and say what suits my face, can't imagine what it would be like on me so need someone else to do it!)

Will you guys help me please? I can't show H2B, and will get other peoples' opinions too, but which of these do you think would suit me?

Use my profile photo as a guide, although I will say its all shoulder length (resting on the shoulders beginning to grow past the shoulders) and my layers have grown out now so its all one length as an idea. My face, particularly under my chin is a little fatter than the photo now.

Here is idea one:

Hairstyle 1.jpg

Idea two:

Hairstyle 2.jpg

Idea three:

Hairstyle 3.jpg

Idea four:

Hairstyle 4.jpg

MOH thinks hairstyle four for me. I like them all! This is where I need your help!

Also, just to note, I will be wearing a tiara and a long veil (wont cover my face with it!)

Thanks guys in advance!

Becky

xx

MrsGroves2B, May 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

Becky Administrator

Looking at the photos, my favourite for you is number 4 - and I thought that before I scrolled down and read that it's also your MOHs favourite too! Great minds think alike :) Are you having a hairdresser on the day or are you doing it yourself? If you are using a hairdresser it might be worth having a trial so that they can try out a number of different styles.

Becky, May 22, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

Helen

I agree four is gorgeous, I also like three but think with a veil four would be better :)

Helen, May 25, 2013
  4. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Thank you, so far I have most saying 4, but had a 3 as well!

My Mom's friend is a qualified hairdresser and is doing my hair for me as her gift. I showed her one style I liked but its not these so will have to email them to my Mom and get her to pass them on to her. My Mom's other friend (same group of friends from her work) is a qualified beautician and is doing my make up as her gift, so maybe arrange for them both to do a trial, make a bit of a girly night of it maybe!

I'm also thinking of false nails, never tried them, can't grow my nails after years of biting and picking them, so thinking of buying a pack of cheap ones from somewhere like Superdrug but the really short ones and try them, just to get used to them before the day. The trouble is I'll want them to come off before the honeymoon, and that's 5 days after the wedding!

MrsGroves2B, May 29, 2013
  5. MrsGroves2B

Helen

My mum and sister have gel nails, they last really well, will do three weeks easily before you either need to infill the bottom of have them soaked off. My mum bit her nails for years, then tried these gel nails for a wedding in 2008 and hasn't had them off since. She still chews them but you can't tell. You can also have them any length you like :)

Helen, May 29, 2013
  6. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Must try them then, does she have to go to a beautician or nail place to have them done or can you get them yourself from places like Boots, etc?

MrsGroves2B, May 30, 2013
  7. MrsGroves2B

Helen

You have to get them 'done'. You can buy all the gear to do it yourself but if you are only having it as a one off it is far cheaper to get them done. They are also much better for your nails than acrylics.

Helen, May 30, 2013
  8. MrsGroves2B

Becky Administrator

I've had Shellac before and it's brilliant! It lasted for about 4 weeks, and it's a lot thinner than gel so it feels more like nail varnish. Definitely worth it as a one off! You might be able to find someone local who does it - it would be far cheaper than a salon. The stick on ones you get at Boots don't last very well in my experience.

Becky, May 31, 2013
  9. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

No, not changing anything, except maybe having my highlights back in, nothing drastic, just what I'm used to. Most people are saying number 4 too

MrsGroves2B, Jun 1, 2013
  10. MrsGroves2B

nikster1987

I agree with number four! Very pretty style too. I have joined Pinterest, just for the reason of wedding ideas. Whats your Pinterest page?

nikster1987, Jun 1, 2013
  11. MrsGroves2B

iPrincess26

As far as nails go I use the super short ones by Kiss (not the band - I don't think they have sold out that far!) you can get them at superdrug I find that they can last about a week or more and I find once you loose one or two you can bite the rest off - terrible I know also they tend to come with a nail file if you use it gently to take the shine off your nails then they stick better and last longer. You may want to practice with a pack first as they can bea bit tricky to get on straight - also work out and layout the right nails for all your fingers before you start it makes life much easier!

iPrincess26, Jun 1, 2013
  12. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

I tried some nails from Tesco, but within about 4-6 hours they'd all come off! My best friend's sister is qualified to do nails and has said if I want some doing she'll do it for £15, unsure at the moment.

My Pinterest page, if I'm honest I don't know what it is! Try searching Rebecca Ceney xx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 3, 2013
  13. MrsGroves2B

nikster1987

nikster1987, Jun 5, 2013
  14. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

I've followed you! I haven't done a lot on there, not sure what you do yet, only used it one day! Hehe! xx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 5, 2013
  15. MrsGroves2B

nikster1987

Awesome! I go on mad pinning sprees, like today hehe. A lot fo new ideas for me in my Wedding Ideas board. Hopefully help you too!

nikster1987, Jun 5, 2013
  16. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Well ladies, I went for an adaptation of hairstyle 4, and here are the results....

This is the one side of my hairstyle before make up got applied:
    Wedding hairstyle trial side 2.JPG

This is the front view of my hairstyle before make up:
    Wedding hairstyle trial front.JPG

This is the other side of my hairstyle before make up:
    Wedding hairstyle trial side 1.JPG

Here is my hairstyle and make up:
    Wedding hair and make up trial 1.JPG

Here, again is my hairstyle and make up:
    Wedding hair and make up trial 2.JPG

You'll have to forgive the facial expressions, I was taking the photos myself and was looking in the mirror to see where to take the photos, so its a look of concentration, not a look of unhappiness!

My hair didn't stay curled, they fell out fairly quick, but we didn't put any product in to hold it in place as it was just a trial, and I washed my hair a few hours before and didn't straighten it, and I should have washed it the day before really, so it may calm down a bit on the day. I'm assured that on the day it will stay in place and will be fine!

So ladies, what do you think? Honest answers please!

xx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 12, 2013
  17. MrsGroves2B

nikster1987

I think it looks lovely! Glad the trial went good for you and the curls should hold with product on the big day.

nikster1987, Jun 12, 2013
  18. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Thank you Nikki! I like it, but because I know nothing on hair and beauty (I'm a wash, dry, straighten or tie back kind of girl) I need others to tell me whether its nice or not! Hehe!

I'm thinking of getting my nails done, but need some decent cheap ones to try them before the day. I only want short ones, but need a decent glue on them, the ones I had before didn't have a decent glue and all came off in a few hours!

xx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 12, 2013
  19. MrsGroves2B

nikster1987

Also, I forgot to say, the tiara you're wearing is gorgeous!! Xx

20. MrsGroves2B

nikster1987

No problem, didn't see your post when I posted again. I'm the same really with hair and beauty but I'm trying to learn some new techniques, like using strawberry foam sleep in rollers hehe!

There are a lot of companies on twitter that I've seen selling nails and nail wraps. I like the plain nail look for a wedding. Thinking of doing that myself. Any normal time if I paint my nails its black or purple. Do you mean like a french manicure style?

1. Advertisements

Ask a Question