Wedding Flowers Long Tables

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsBrown, Jun 21, 2011.

1. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Hi ladies,

My best friend is getting married next year and due to the venue has to have long tables, she really wants to have flowers but is worried the tables will be narrow and that placing flowers on them will take up too much room? I said I would help her with ideas, so turning to you lot ha ha?

Cheers

MrsBrown, Jun 21, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBrown

Becky

The best thing to do is for her to look at photos of weddings at the venue and get ideas from that. If a long and low flower display is off the cards, how about a larger amount of small ones dotted along? Or maybe they could have some tall displays with flowers at the top that are narrow at the bottom - eg martini glasses, candelabras...?

Hope this helps!

:(

Becky, Jun 21, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBrown

haydee9

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    for long and narrow tables, you could either have tall and thin vases or as simple as small bottles with flowers.

haydee9, Jun 21, 2011
  4. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Thanks ladies. She has seen and shown me photos of the venue and they have told her that most people dont bother with flowers on the tables. I think she wants something different, but a hasnt got a huge budget to spend and b, cant seem to find pics of something that really jumps out at her! will share your ideas and anymore.

MrsBrown, Jun 22, 2011
  5. MrsBrown

Becky

I like the idea of bottles with flowers in - if money is tight she could collect bottles from charity shops or car boot sales and then put flowers in them herself! What do you think?

Becky, Jun 22, 2011
  6. MrsBrown

Zoe

You could use the small glass tealight holders going along the table, but put a head of a flower in it instead of the candles. (Hope this makes sense). Or you could alternate with a candle and a flower.

Zoe, Jun 22, 2011
  7. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

Like this idea! It would look really effective with some bright flowers, what's the colour scheme?

MrsC2Be, Jun 22, 2011
  8. MrsBrown

airy_fairy

i love the tealights (either wish flowers or candles with scattered pettals) idea - easily done tealights and candles from ikea and a big vat of dried pettals (i think they're about £60 for a litre? - more than enough for the tables). so what, £80 for flowers and candles that way?? even less if you use flower heads :)

airy_fairy, Jun 22, 2011
  9. MrsBrown

Helen

I really wanted long tables but it just doesn't sit right with the number of guests and the shape of the room. However if I had been able to have them I would still do the same flowers, a couple of jugs then a few jam jars in between on each table. It depends how narrow her tables are going to be but most things will still work. I've seen the goldfish type bowls done on long tables and they looked fab.

What sort of style/theme is she going for with the rest of her things?

Helen, Jun 22, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question