Wedding Favours Inspiration

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by poppleminster, Jan 24, 2011.

1. poppleminster

poppleminster

I wasn't going to have any but got a good bargain on ebay for some tin buckets and am filling them with sweets then will tie a tag to each with the guest name and double them up as place names. To complete it, each will have a small knitted ladybird, butterfly or bee on top of the sweets. I am soooooo kitcsh and adore little knitted things. I had knitted xmas decs too. I know, I know, tragically sad :)

Soooo. What are you having, let's make this an ideas thread with pics if possible :)

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      30.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      34.5 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      15.4 KB
      Views:
    poppleminster, Jan 24, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. poppleminster

Becky

I am completely stuck when it comes to favours! :) Our sort-of-theme is French 1920s/1930s, so I'd like something that fits in with that, but not had any good ideas so far. I like the idea of getting Macarons Parisienne (pic below - they are delish and we ate loads when we were in Paris getting engaged!) but they are quite pricey, and unfortunately they are ridiculously difficult to make! :)

[​IMG]

Becky, Jan 24, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. poppleminster

MrsBoucher2B2012

i am making mini welsh cakes to put in little organza bags. I am trying to incorporate being Welsh into the wedding in small subtle ways nothing over the top but its actually quite hard to come up with classy small ways...google search here i come once again[​IMG]

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jan 25, 2011
  4. poppleminster

Helen

Popple I love those knitted ladybirds and bees! Did you knit them yourself? :D

Becky I love the colours of those they would look fab with your theme, if I wasn't in Canada on your wedding day I'd offer to make them for you cheaper :)

Dani I love your subtle Welsh theme idea, how about getting mini love spoons somehow in your flower decorations? I love the intricate carving on them, maybe you could find someone who could carve you some with your wedding date on or initials? :)

Helen, Jan 25, 2011
  5. poppleminster

Helen

Haha just realised I didn't answer the question! We are thinking no favours at the moment, we think it is a cost we can cut that people won't really notice but I may change my mind so will keep you posted! :)

Helen, Jan 25, 2011
  6. poppleminster

poppleminster

I'm hungry now! All this yummy foodies stuff. It's interesting that favours are changing, not long ago it was only sugared almonds in a net or chocolate mints in a square box. Cool that people are being innovative and making things personal.

As for the knitted things... I have to confess to buying them. I bought some samples from ebay and have now placed an order from a woman that sells knitted tiny toys and knitted play food (!??) on there. I love them to bits. What I lack in class and elegance I make up for in absurdity and eccentricity I have decided :)

poppleminster, Jan 25, 2011
  7. poppleminster

Helen

My mil was a massive knitter and she did lots of different toys and food, I love those little knitted cakes! Sadly by the time I knew her she couldn't knit any more as I really wanted her to do me some knitted Christmas decs.

Now she has died my oh asked me if I wanted all her knitting things and I've said yes so might try and learn a bit, not knitted anything since I was at primary school! I really want those bugs!

Helen, Jan 25, 2011
  8. poppleminster

poppleminster

I found the patterns for some seriously cute bugs and baby birds :)

It took me ages to find them but I just cannot knit. Awesome that you have inherited the things, it'll be a challenge for you!

pattern you might rather like :)

9. poppleminster

poppleminster

Admit it. You need to make these :)

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      136.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      146.9 KB
      Views:
  10. poppleminster

poppleminster

11. poppleminster

Helen

:) fab! I'm going to have to do a lot of practising... I can't even remember how to hold a needle :) :D

Helen, Jan 25, 2011
  12. poppleminster

hpsauce84

We are having cupcakes but they are also our centrepieces and dessert all rolled into one!

They are going to be in the centre of each table on the stands which should be in the attached picture and I'm going to attempt to make some name tags like the other attached picture to put in each one so everyone will have their own individual cupcake! I just need to think of something to add to the stands as I think they look boring on their own.

Attached Files:

hpsauce84, Jan 25, 2011
  13. poppleminster

poppleminster

I have the same stand but only have one. Got it from Amazon for my daughters birthday. I really love the cupcakes and the purple, really pretty and the name tags would look really cool. As for decorating the stands, you could get some purple thin ribbon in the same colour as the cupcake decorations and weave it through the bottom few holes depth of each layer? Tnat would show off the cupcakes and not hide the pretty design of the stand itself. :)

14. poppleminster

MrsBoucher2B2012

h2b got me a book at xmas called stitch and bitch it is really good, i made my mil a ribbed scarf for her birthday the name of the pattern really tickled her it was called 'ribbed for her pleasure' [​IMG].

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jan 25, 2011
  15. poppleminster

Becky

Well that's just not good enough, I demand that you stay!! ;) :lol:

Oh my goodness, those little birds are adorable! :)

Brilliant!! :D

Becky, Jan 25, 2011
  16. poppleminster

MrsC2Be

I love those little birds! I wish I was a bit more crafty, I'm just a bit rubbish at stuff like that. I wonder who I can convince to do it for me....lol :)

MrsC2Be, Jan 26, 2011
  17. poppleminster

Frogbitch

We ditched the idea of individual favours as we didn't want the seating plan to be too rigid. We allocated each guest a table and let them all sort themselves out from there.
    We ended up with a sweetie table which was a huge success, even though there were no children at our wedding!

If I had done it, I would have loved to give mini personalised vodka bottles. I entered a competition in YAYW to win some, but alas I didn't win.
    In fact, considering how many comps I enetered on that bloody site, I'm pretty peeved I didn't win SOMETHING!

Frogbitch, Jan 26, 2011
  18. poppleminster

Anon_SA

I am in desperate need of some favour inspiration! We've been racking our brains all afternoon and have decided the following:

We'd like something with a message on to our guests - such as 'thank you for being part of our day'
    We'd like something that incorporates a photo of us (i.e. a photo of us holding a sign with the thank you message on - we're getting some photos done like this on our engagement shoot for the thank you cards etc anyway)
    We'd like to incorporate our music-ish theme somehow

Any ideas!?

Oh I should just mention that we're also having photos of us holding up table numbers for the table numbers so Richard thinks maybe we shouldn't have us holding up a message on the little favours? Apparently according to him it's like showing legs and boobs at the same time! :)

Anon_SA, Jan 29, 2011
  19. poppleminster

Becky

I love the idea of having photos of you two holding up the table numbers! I see what Richard means - that made me laugh when I read how he sees it! :)

A message would be lovely though. How about a CD of the wedding music (you could burn them yourself) with a message to them on the front or inside?

Frogbitch - on the subject of vodka favours, my step-sister made rhubarb vodka for her favours - it was delish! She bought some cheap vodka and little bottles, and wrote the persons name on the front (so it doubled as a place marker too). It was also pink and so tied in well with the theme!

Becky, Jan 29, 2011
  20. poppleminster

Anon_SA

Yeah we had a think about CDs. We think it's a good idea in theory but there are so many different people coming to the wedding that it definitely wouldn't appeal to everyone. (I've also read on some websites that this is also illegal?!) Then I thought we could have different favours for different people which will really make it interesting... but I don't know whether I could handle the faff of that...!

Anon_SA, Jan 29, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question