Wedding Entertainment for Children

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by annaaa7, Jul 1, 2015.

1. annaaa7

annaaa7

Hi everyone,

I was thinking of having some form of entertainment during the day time of wedding after the ceremony to keep the children entertained while the grown ups have some adult time.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever hired someone in to entertain the children before? How long did they stay for and how much did they charge if you don't mind me asking?

Trying to budget!!!!

Thank you [​IMG]

annaaa7, Jul 1, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. annaaa7

Andy Morley

I am getting married in 12 days, we have loads of kids coming to our wedding (including 4 of ours). We have just set a side a colouring / games table for them. Hopefully the sun will be shining so they can play outdoors at the reception.

Never thought of hiring anybody to entertain them, one of our guests is a childrens magician actually... he might do us a favour :)

Andy Morley, Jul 14, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. annaaa7

Elizabeth1990

You are really considerate in planning your wedding.I will take your idea in planning mine.

Elizabeth1990, Sep 8, 2015
  4. annaaa7

nikster1987

I've seen some packs on the internet in a small box (similar to a happy meal box) with activities, crayons, stickers and other things in. I'd been thinking of these for our children guests like my nephew, cousins etc.

nikster1987, Sep 9, 2015
  5. annaaa7

Becky Administrator

That sounds good, how old are your niblings? (I love that word - refers to nieces and nephews! :) )

Becky, Sep 11, 2015
  6. annaaa7

martinnat9

The wonderful thing about children is that they can entertain themselves with so little! For my wedding, because we had so many young children coming, we put together a party bag of entertainment which included a colouring book, crayons, some plastic dinosaur figurines, and some sweets / snack packs to keep them busy. As the evening got later, the children got a bit restless, so we transferred most of them upstairs to our hotel room and put on a film whilst we continued to celebrate. Worked like a charm :)

martinnat9, Sep 14, 2015
  7. annaaa7

nikster1987

That's such a cute word! We have 2 nephews, one is almost 3 and the other is 6. But we have a lot of cousins and friends children that are quite young too.

nikster1987, Sep 29, 2015
  8. annaaa7

Becky Administrator

Hopefully the weather will be good - will there be somewhere they can play outside? If so they'll entertain themselves!

Becky, Oct 1, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question