Wedding Dress Hire

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by MrsGroves2B, Apr 7, 2013.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Has anyone considered or actually gone ahead and hired a wedding dress? I've done it for a gorgeous dress and it saves a lot of money!

MrsGroves2B, Apr 7, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

Helen

I would consider it, what put me off is that the colour range of wedding dresses is generally very limited. I wanted a coloured dress (not white, ivory, cream, peach or pink) so that rules out most dresses.

I think it is a good idea, you don't have the initial outlay, you can choose a designer you couldn't otherwise afford, you don't have the do I don't I sell it afterwards.

What were your reasons for hiring? :)

Helen, Apr 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

Becky Administrator

I think it's a really good idea! You would have to be careful about not spilling food or drink on it, but if it means you get the dress you want then go for it (maybe just make sure that your mum &/or maid of honour have stain removal wipes in the handbags just in case!). Wedding dresses cost so much and it's just one day after all :)

Becky, Apr 10, 2013
  4. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

My reasons for hiring were really because I couldn't fit in my dress (already had it, big danger, but when the wedding kept getting postponed due to finance and job situations I had the dress then), so it was my Dad that said try hiring (and he's now paying for my dress, so its not costing me anymore). I have a wonderful dress that's costing £245 rather than £1000 or more, and they said don't worry about scuffs and marks, we'll clean them, please don't send it to be cleaned, we'll do it all for you, just treat it as your own! They hire you out a tiara, veil and underskirt at no extra cost, even said I could borrow jewellery if I wanted at no extra cost, but I have my own jewellery I've had especially for the wedding. Its much nicer than my original dress, and the dress I'm having has never been hired out before either so its like I'm having my own new dress in a way. The people I've gone with are from Singapore and I can't remember where the wife is originally from, she designs all her own dresses and gets them made in Shanghai I think and then gets them shipped over, hires them out once, twice at very most and then takes them to a charity shop (can't see them making lots of business but they get around 400 brides a year, half buy and half hire). They take an extra £100 as a deposit and return that back when you return the dress. They are in no rush for the dress back, so have said go on honeymoon, get back and sorted, no rush at all, and we collect it just over 2 weeks before the wedding. They're based in Stafford (Midlands) and get brides travel up from London just to hire, and they do it all from their own home. No one knows what my dress looks like, except obviously me and the woman who was fitting them. My parents will see it when it gets collected but I don't know whether to keep it as a surprise or not yet!

MrsGroves2B, Apr 11, 2013
  5. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

The company I went with, apparently get around 400 brides a year, around half buy and half hire. They said there's only a couple of hire places in the UK, so with this in mind, if anyone is or want to consider hiring their dress I thoroughly recommend the company I've gone with are based in Stafford, but are by the railway station (they get a lot of brides come for the day from London so its fairly easy to get to). Search for Vonlee Bridal Hire on Googleor visit www.vonleebridalhire.com

MrsGroves2B, Apr 16, 2013
  6. MrsGroves2B

Avid Thinker

Thank you for this idea, will consider this too once my wedding date gets finalised. :=)

Avid Thinker, May 7, 2013
  7. MrsGroves2B

persun

Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this .very interesting information.i would like to do all the information.

persun, Aug 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question