Wedding Dress For Beach Blessing/vow Renewals

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by VikingWife, May 21, 2010.

1. VikingWife

VikingWife

We are having a blessing on our honeymoon in the Maldives and I know its really really hot...I am torn between just suffering and wearing a ''proper'' dress or finding a really pretty, light dress... I dont want to spend too much as this will be one of two wedding dresses, the other being for the UK Ceremony.

If anyone sees anything that springs to mind when doing weddingy things online, woudl you mind terribly posting anything that catches your eye that I may not have come accross? Much appreciated! [​IMG]

VikingWife, May 21, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. VikingWife

vhc

my friend got married in Sri Lanka and for her service she wore a straight, long, linen shift dress.
    she looked very elegant and she stayed cool.

wouldn't know where to find one, though,as it was 8 years ago....

vhc, May 22, 2010
    VikingWife likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. VikingWife

Becky

I saw a nice one on the French Connection website - click

Definitely don't suffer in a normal dress - you wouldn't enjoy it!

Becky, May 24, 2010
  4. VikingWife

Helen

I agree don't suffer in a normal dress it would end up spoiling your day. You can always have a more traditional type of dress for your UK part :)

Helen, May 24, 2010
  5. VikingWife

Mrsg2b2011

Hi hun, have you tried BHS? They have some gorgeous dresses & are very reasonabley priced esp as you will be buying two which I love btw wish I could wear two [​IMG] . lol

Have seen this one http://www.bhs.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/bhsstore/656047/91594

This one http://www.bhs.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/bhsstore/655096/91594

You will prob want to avoid a dress made of duchess satin as this is a very heavy fabric. Anyway hope this helps but if I was you I would defo go for the traditional dress for the party back home it will save all the hassle of trying to transport a big or delicate dress to another country.

Good luck hun, post the pics on here when you decide would love to see [​IMG] xxx

Mrsg2b2011, May 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question