Wedding Dilemma

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Zoe, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Zoe

Zoe

Hiya

I've just found out that my stepdad (who I regard as my real dad) has aggressive lung cancer. Our plans to get married in Cyprus this September are now in the process of being cancelled as we have been advised that he will be unable to fly and it would be best to bring the wedding forward. So, we are now hoping to get married in Northop Hall (where we were going to have our evening reception when we got back Cyprus). I had provisionally booked 18th February and 4th March (cheaper wedding prices), but this would be during his Chemo sessions and he may not be up to the full day and walking me down the aisle. I now have to speak to the wedding planner again to see what she's got available in May / June (when he has completed the treatment). Trouble with this is that my h2b's cousin is getting married on 21st May and his brother is getting married on 25th June. I'm hoping Dot from Northop has some dates available either early May or early June. This wedding planning seems to be getting more and more difficult to organise especially fitting it in with other people's weddings!!

Anyway, I am trying to stay positive through it all, and I'm sure I'll feel more in control when I've spoken to the wedding planner to book yet another date!!!. A wedding in the 'peak months' also costs a heck of a lot more than in the 'winter' months, so I think we've a lot more scrimping and saving to do. We're already 2 guests over on the 60 day allocation and would love to invite at least another 10. (See, this is what I was trying to avoid by going to Cyprus)

I've managed to get started on my favours and other bits and bobs. (see pics)

The good news is that I'm defo going to have sweetie table. I've spotted the Kiln jars in Asda for £1.00 each - just need to pop to Macro to get the goodies now :) oh, and make sure I don't eat them as I have to shift 2 inches off waist and 1 inch off hips to fit into the dress!!!!!

Zoe

Attached Files:

Zoe, Jan 5, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Zoe

Mrsg2b2011

Oh hun firstly sending you massive hugs xxxx I really hope your father gets better soon. xxx

Hopefully you can get the dates you want too I am sure that the wedding planner will work very hard to help you as much as possible. Have to say your wedding favours look amazing!!! I am having the tux ones but in black lol. Your cake looks very yummy too!

Keeping you & your dad in my thoughts lots of love
    Rach xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jan 5, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Zoe

MrsC2Be

Sorry to hear about your Dad hun, hope the treatment all goes well. I also think its lovely that you're prepared to switch your plans so that he can be there with you.

Good luck with getting a date that works for you, I'm sure they'll get it sorted for you :)

Good news on the sweetie table too and your cake looks lovely. :D x

MrsC2Be, Jan 6, 2011
  4. Zoe

poppleminster

Big huggly, I hope you find a date. I am also currently dateless for similar reasons and the lack of spare registrar as they are all aready booked. I really hope you get a date you want. I'm sure those who are also getting married near that time will understand. You might have to watch dates for ntheir hen / stag nights if that is likely to affect anything for you.

Those favours look awesome and I really like the cake. You know we're here if we can be of any help. :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

poppleminster, Jan 6, 2011
  5. Zoe

Helen

Sorry to hear about your problems, I hope you can get a date sorted out.

I know it is not the same as Cyprus but have you considered a different wedding destination that your stepdad could get to without flying? Either somewhere in the UK other than where you live or a part of Europe accessible by train? That way you could still have a 'destination' wedding and your separate evening do and not have the problems with your guest list?

I hope you can do something that will make you happy, feeling for you as we have had similar problems with our destination wedding. Big hugs x

Helen, Jan 6, 2011
  6. Zoe

iPrincess26

So sorry to hear about your Dad and sending you and your family big hugs and hoping that the treatment goes well. I haven't really got anything to add to what has already been said without repeating it all. One bit I will repeat is from Popple and that is that we are here if you need any help with anything. xx

iPrincess26, Jan 6, 2011
  7. Zoe

Amymel86

Really sorry to hear about your dad. I'm very lucky that my dad has won his battle and has had the all clear for a couple of years now.

Your favours look fab!

It's a pain when you are always trying to think about keeping the costs down. As it looks like you are a crafty sort of person, have you considered making your own jewellery? Take a look at my website www.littledaydreamdesigns.com for the sort of thing you could make (I only really make tiaras). It started off as a hobby but I I've sold a few. If you don't fancy trying it, I'm quite happy to make something for you (no charge).

I hope you don't get too stressed and that you have a wonderful wedding day.

Amymel86, Jan 6, 2011
  8. Zoe

FlowerCo

So sorry to hear your news, big huggs for you and your Dad xxx

FlowerCo, Jan 6, 2011
  9. Zoe

Zoe

Thank you all you lovely ladies for your kind words of support. This website rocks!!

The cake is a pic I have taken from 4 weddings on the tv. My mum's going to make one very similar for me - only having 2 tiers though.

Anyway, just contacted Northop Hall and have now booked Friday 6th May 2011 for my wedding -- wwwoooppp wwoooooppppp!! Feel a little nervous about it, but don't have a crystal ball that's going to predict the health of my dad.

Zoe, Jan 6, 2011
  10. Zoe

Helen

Ohh exciting!

You are nearly my date twin, ours is 5th May :)

Helen, Jan 6, 2011
  11. Zoe

Becky

I'm so sorry to hear your news, but very pleased that you have set a date! :) Mine is on the 7th, I think your only exact date twin on here is Salma!

Becky, Jan 6, 2011
  12. Zoe

muckypaws

Aw love so sorry bout your dad. Thinking happy thoughts for you. And just like to say good for you for keeping positive and taking it in your stride. I've got everything crossed for you xx big hugs xx

muckypaws, Jan 7, 2011
  13. Zoe

MrsBrown

So sorry to hear your news, thinking of you all x

MrsBrown, Jan 7, 2011
  14. Zoe

FlowerCo

Gosh that weekend is soo popular! I could have booked it 4 times over now, and have a huge (30 table ball to dress) is there something I dont know?

Big Congratulations Zoe!

Zoe x (he he! I love that, dont see many Zoes! sorry having a moment!)

FlowerCo, Jan 7, 2011
  15. Zoe

cheryblk

I hope you can get the date you want is, I'm sure, a wedding planner will work very hard to help you as much as possible. Your wedding favors have to say brilliant! I have, but in the black evening dress.

cheryblk, Jan 7, 2011
  16. Zoe

MrsMay2011

Hi Zoe, so sorry to hear about your stepdad, fingers crossed for him. You're amazing managing to stay so positive about the changes you are having to make, I'm delighted that you've got a new date, at least you can be excited again about that.

The stuff you've done so far looks fab! We're on a budget too, :-s got to start looking at making invitations soon! X

MrsMay2011, Jan 8, 2011
  17. Zoe

Anon_SA

I have only just discovered this thread. DATE TWIN!!

Anon_SA, Jan 28, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question