Wedding Day Part One

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by Helen, May 20, 2011.

1. Helen

Helen

Hello lovely ladies!

I'm going to do this in two parts as we have not yet had our reception so I'll do Part Two after that with more pics and bridesmaids, cake, decorations etc.

After a lot of thought and several UK venues visited we decided that the thing we would like most of all was to get married outdoors. Even more research later we chose to go to Canada for our ceremony and then follow it with a UK reception for those who couldn't be there in Canada with us.

We decided that we would choose our ceremony location the day before and applied for a wedding permit to enable us to get married anywhere in Banff National Park.

The day before the ceremony we went to look for our venue!

Canada 2011 Helens Pics 065.jpg
    Canada 2011 Helens Pics 066.jpg

The week before we arrived there had been a lot of snowfall, even though it was warm in the day there was snow underfoot. The snow was thawing fast but not quite quickly enough for us! In the end we decided on a spot, although it was less accessible than some of the other areas and a bit more snowy. I borrowed a snow shovel from our hotel and Matt dug a path down to the lakeside.

I was a bit worried about how wet it was and the longish walk down to the lake in my shoes. At this point I hadn't decided which shoes I was going to wear, pink or green...

rapunzel-aqua-300(1).jpg
    3780-1-l.png

As it was quite wet I decided to go for the green as the pink ones are fabric covered and I thought the water might spoil them. Pink ones for the reception then!

The night before I couldn't sleep as I kept dreaming about not being able to walk down to the lake in my shoes! In the middle of the night I decided I would look for wellies in the morning...

We spent the night together as we weren't getting married until 2pm and it seemed silly to get another hotel room and get breakfast somewhere else. We had breakfast with my parents and my sister then I went off to find some wellies! Safeway came to the rescue and they had one pair in my size, so no choice of colour I just took what was there! I thought it would be ok as I would change into my shoes at the bottom of the hill.

Helen, May 20, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Helen

poppleminster

Wellies to the rescue! Looking forward to more now... :D

poppleminster, May 20, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Helen

Becky

Good planning re the wellies! Good job you had rubbery shoes too! :D

Looking forward to hearing more!

P.S. Me and Ian did the same as you two - we didn't see any point spending the night before apart given that we've been together for over 8 years!!

Becky, May 21, 2011
  4. Helen

Helen

I'm having a bit of a dim moment trying to resize photos so just posting this one until I get it right!

Ok which code from photobucket do I use?

Think I may have done it!

Helen, May 24, 2011
  5. Helen

Helen

[​IMG]

Helen, May 24, 2011
  6. Helen

Helen

Matt had said he didn't want to see me get ready or travel together to the ceremony. He got ready first then I sent him out for a picnic lunch so I could get ready.

I felt like a bit of an idiot getting all dressed up, it just seemed odd at that time of day I think!

We had hired a local lady to sort out all the paperwork and everything for us and she was also taking me to our lakeside venue. When she arrived to get me she said she had just seen Matt being picked up by our photographer (and he had been good any not spilt any of his picnic down his front!).

[​IMG]

My bouquet that I made myself to match my dress and flew out with me!

Helen, May 24, 2011
  7. Helen

Helen

[​IMG]

This is Two Jack Lake, our ceremony venue with my mum and sister waiting with Matt and the lady who would do our ceremony.

[​IMG]

After walking down to the lakeside changing out of my wellies!

Helen, May 24, 2011
  8. Helen

Helen

It was really windy down by the lake! We decided to take photos somewhere a little less windy, so back on with the wellies to get back up to the car!

[​IMG]

My parents, my sister, bride and groom!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Helen, May 24, 2011
  9. Helen

ElmoGrace

Wow - your flowers are beautiful!
    I am very jealous of the entire thing - the setting is what I dreamed of as a teenager but now taking the h2bs views and family taken into account everything is different!

ElmoGrace, May 24, 2011
  10. Helen

Helen

[​IMG]

Helen, May 24, 2011
  11. Helen

Anon_SA

Helen your photos are making me smile so much! You look amazing in that dress and you and your husband look so happy! Especially the one on the rock with your wellies on. AMAZING!! :)

Anon_SA, May 24, 2011
  12. Helen

Mrsg2b2011

Aaaah hun you look amazing!!! Absolutely love the wellies! So cool xxx

Mrsg2b2011, May 25, 2011
  13. Helen

MrsC2Be

Gorgeous flowers, super lovely dress, fab location and amazing wellies :) You look brilliant x

MrsC2Be, May 25, 2011
  14. Helen

poppleminster

I love it all so much! The flowers you did are gorgeous! No matter how lovely the dress etc are, the wellies make the day! Brilliant xxxx

poppleminster, May 25, 2011
  15. Helen

Helen

Thank you ladies :)

Got to crack on with the reception planning now, still seem to have a mountain of things to do for that, plus this weekend is my hen do (couldn't fit it in beforehand!)!

Helen, May 26, 2011
  16. Helen

MrsC2Be

oooh what u doing for ur hen do?

MrsC2Be, May 26, 2011
  17. Helen

muckypaws

wow love the dress ........and the wellies good planning that girl ha ha ...........so glad you had a good time :)

muckypaws, May 26, 2011
  18. Helen

Helen

I'm having a cowgirls and indians party at my house, hopefully the weather will be good and we can have a cook out! :)

Helen, May 27, 2011
  19. Helen

MrsMay2011

Ah, it looked amazing, and you both look so happy. Looking forward to hearing about reception & hen do next!

MrsMay2011, Jun 7, 2011
  20. Helen

Becky

It looks gorgeous!! I love your outfit, you look so beautiful - excellent combination!! I am also extremely impressed with your bouquet! xxx

Becky, Jun 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question