Wedding Checklist

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsGroves2B, Mar 23, 2013.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Ok, so I'm having a bit of a panic now that I'm in to the double figures of how many days left to the wedding (97 at time of writing this) so I'm coming up with a bit of a checklist. This might help others, and if it does, that's fantastic, but equally if you think I may have missed something out please do let me know:

• Church- All booked, paid approximately 50% of the balance.
    • Reception- All booked, need to meet with the place in April to sort out balance, numbers, etc. Having their DJ.
    • Cars- All booked, given details of venues, houses, etc, but will have a courtesy phone call before the balance is paid off. Balance to be paid a month before the wedding.
    • Cake- Deposit paid and style chosen and noted by the cake makers. Balance to be paid a month before the wedding.
    • Dress- Got, but needs the length taking up slightly, but that may be for just the underskirt rather than the dress, but will try it out when I try it on next. Corset back may help with the weight gain I've gained, but a loss of weight, even just slight wont go a miss. Got shoes, tiara and veil, need lingere!
    • Bridesmaids' dresses- Got dresses and shoes, tiara and necklace, but may get a new necklace for them. Problem with possibly not having a bridesmaid as I can't get her dress altered or get another, and she'll be 7 months pregnant on the wedding day, but may possibly have my cousin in her place if she can get from New Zealand for the wedding day and can fit in the dress. (Sounds harsh but trying to have her as a bridesmaid).
    • Pageboy- Outfit sorted except for a jacket. Will let him wear his own black shoes.
    • Flower girl- Need to get her outfit and shoes, but have her accessories.
    • Suit hire- All sorted, deposit paid, balance due in 2 weeks on first suit fitting.
    • Ushers- Wearing own suits (up to them if they buy or hire, but at their expense).
    • Flowers- Awaiting quote from a florist for posies, church flowers sorted, just need to pay 2 weeks before (flowers will be paid by H2B's Nan).
    • Save the Dates- Sent only to people who live a big distance from us.
    • Invitations- Inserts to be printed so they can be sent, but otherwise all done. (This is next priority)
    • Photography and Videography- All booked and 50% paid. Had consultation for photos, need to send a list of what we want/don't want off their list they've sent us. No payment due until after the wedding when we receive photos and video.
    • Room decoration- Deciding on this. Wanted just chair covers but wondering if we're worth going for the lot at the price they charge at the reception venue.
    • Honeymoon- All booked and deposit paid, final balance due in April. Found my passport now, H2B needs to apply for another as the page his photograph is on is damaged.
    • Church service- Hymns chosen, entry and exit music we're deciding on in case we change our mind on the traditional "Here Comes the Bride", etc. Readings I think are chosen, got one person to do a reading, just deciding on the other. Need to do Order of Service when we have finalised all this with the vicar.
    • Wedding make up and hair- Make up has been brought, a friend of my Mom is doing my make up as she's a trained beautician. Not decided on my hair style but another friend of my Mom is a trained hairdresser and is styling it for me.
    • Hotel for the wedding night- H2B's parents are paying this, just deciding where we're staying- he likes the place his parents are staying and wants their bridal suite, but I'm not keen on staying in the same place as his parents! Making a final decision by the end of the week at the latest.
    • Banns for our parish church- Trying to contact our parish church, but no joy so far. Banns can be called from 3 months before the wedding day, so for us that's any time from Friday, but is usually done a month or so before the wedding.
    • Stag do- H2B knows what he wants, he's now getting the school holidays from his brother/Best Man as he's booking it for a weekend over that time.
    • Hen do- No idea what I want! Got ideas but really don't know what I want to do. Need to decide ASAP for booking purposes. A meal and a drink may be all I want to do, but then again I may try and get tickets for a tribute night at a local hotel for those that can afford it, only got the dates for them a week or two ago. Problem is I have work the next day after the two dates they have these events on and can't get the holiday for them. Puts me off a bit.
    • Favours- Don't think I'm bothering as its an evening only reception, may get some things like bags of Haribo and put a few on each table, nothing spectacular.
    • Gifts for people with roles- Most are sorted, need to make some for bridesmaids but have the things for that, and need something for Father's. Looking to get some photo albums for our parents, but waiting until I've paid my car MOT this week before making a decision on those.
    • Rings- Got them, need mine altering, but my Dad's cousin works at The Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham and said he can do that for me, just got to leave it until about early May to do.
    • Guest book- Got one.

MrsGroves2B, Mar 23, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

Becky

That's a great list! I can't think of anything major that you haven't included :)

Might be worth appointing someone to be in charge of the guest book - we left ours on a table and it got picked up by someone and left on their table and consequently hardly anyone knew it was there and didn't sign it. If you put someone in charge of it they can mingle around and make sure that everyone signs it which is a much better idea that what we did! Probably not something you need to worry about yet though.

My only other suggestion would be to start making a list of things you might want on the day - eg emergency sewing kit, plasters, blotting tissues, etc. It's difficult to think of everything, but if it's in the back of your mind you can jot things down as and when they occur to you.

Becky, Mar 23, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

That's a good idea Becky, will try giving one of the ushers the guest book duty I think.

I also like the emergency kits- I know someone last year- Mother of the Groom who got everything prepared for an emergency, even temporary tooth fillings!

I forgot to add the gift list- that's with Debenhams and we've added items already, got quite a bit but may make another visit and add some more things to it, but that can be done as and when (we live a 5 minute drive from our nearest Debenhams store).

MrsGroves2B, Mar 23, 2013
  4. MrsGroves2B

Becky

Temporary tooth fillings?! I didn't even know such a thing existed! Now that is the epitome of preparedness!! :blink:

Becky, Mar 25, 2013
  5. MrsGroves2B

Helen

How about writing the speeches? :)

Helen, Mar 25, 2013
  6. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

I did write one, but they're his job to sort! Hehe! xxxx

MrsGroves2B, Mar 25, 2013
  7. MrsGroves2B

EmmaG

Hi,

Have you got anything else for evening entertainment? We have the dj booked too but toying with idea of a ice sculpture luge or a chocolate fountain. We went to a friends wedding last year and remember it was a real talking point long after and good fun...few sore head as well lol.

magician we were looking at too
    :)

EmmaG, Mar 30, 2013
  8. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

No, just a DJ, getting out banns read at our church from Sunday, been told to try our parish church after Sunday as its Easter week and they get busy. Speeches is up to the men so as long as they get them done in time they're fine! Hehe!

MrsGroves2B, Apr 1, 2013
  9. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

No, just a DJ, getting out banns read at our church from Sunday, been told to try our parish church after Sunday as its Easter week and they get busy. Speeches is up to the men so as long as they get them done in time they're fine! Hehe!

MrsGroves2B, Apr 3, 2013
  10. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Update to the list:
    Invitations- all sent out now, need to hand deliver about 5 of them, go to the post office to post one to America and forgot to write one I need to post, so will do that tomorrow.
    Hen night- all sorted, got the money for 16 out of 20 people and will pay that tomorrow morning. Made gift bags, those will be complete when my order from Amazon arrives and when I print one thing out for each bag.
    Flower Girl- no longer having as her Mom is unable to attend the service so it means that it would be unfair for her to not see her own daughter doing a big role.

Suits will be paid for on Friday, and the honeymoon will be paid off tomorrow, so two payments will be out of the way!

MrsGroves2B, Apr 3, 2013
  11. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

All that we have left to do now are:

• Attend the wedding rehearsal at church on Tuesday evening.
    • Drop off the Order of Service booklets and a copy of each of the readings at church when we go for the rehearsal on Tuesday.
    • We're awaiting a call from the car company to arrange the times that they are collecting people. They said 1-2 weeks before the date and still no call, so I said I'd leave it until after the weekend and if I still haven't heard from them I'll call them on Monday or Tuesday. I might make it Tuesday in case he sees my Mom when he collects his daughter from her nursery, they may give my Mom the details to save a phone call, so will see what tomorrow brings.
    • Collect the suits anytime after 2pm on Wednesday.
    • Chris takes everything needed for the reception and hotel, along with Best Man's to-do list on Friday evening before we part ways.
    • Pack our overnight bag. We've put some things in the wash so as soon as they're dry we'll iron them and pack them.
    • Take everything to the reception venue on the morning of the wedding.
    • Check in to the hotel and leave the car at the hotel. Keep the overnight bag in the car on the morning of the wedding.
    • Pay the lady for the bouquets and button holes when she delivers them on the wedding day.
    • Drop the one Usher's bow tie at the church with his to-do list on Thursday night at choir practice for him to collect when he arrives on the morning of the wedding (he's travelling from Wales).
    I'm going to try and get my nails done by a friend of mine. I'll ask if she'd mind getting them for me and I'll pay her when I see her so I know I have the right ones. The last ones I got to try weren't the right ones. I tried booking them in at a place I know but there's no space left. I only want the tips on them. My nails break so need something on them. Other than that I feel fairly confident that everything is sorted.

MrsGroves2B, Jun 23, 2013
  12. MrsGroves2B

Becky

Sounds like you are very prepared! I'm sure everything will run like clockwork ;)

Becky, Jun 24, 2013
  13. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

I hope so, I'm taking everything for the church tomorrow (Order of Service booklets, readings, may even take the Usher's bow tie). We were up there today for a memorial service of our previous vicar (he'd have married us if we were getting married a couple of years ago), so it wasn't right to take it today, especially with the Mayor and Bishop there! xx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question