Wedding Car

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Soon2bMrs, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Soon2bMrs

Soon2bMrs

Hi,

I'm new to this website and my fiance and I dont actually have a date yet but just trying to get an idea of costs so I was wondering what cars everyone has booked and how much it is costing?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    :(
    Jx

Soon2bMrs, Nov 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Soon2bMrs

airy_fairy

We are not having wedding cars because we've managed to borrow nice cars from friends ... H2B's father drives a silver convertable and H2B's friend drives a silver merc. ... I know a lot of people like to hire cars (esp. vintage) but we've never been to a wedding where it seemed worth it, one wedding the bride was so late that everyone was already in the venue when she arrived and since she was getting married and having the do in the same place no-one saw the car... another the car company origionaly booked sold their car and the company that they re-booked could only offer them a certain car... which then broke down three times en route... then another wedding they paid a fortune for a car that when it arrived was covered in mud and inside stank of dogs and cigarettes. We decided to spend the money on two more wine with dinner instead :() - if you are on a budget it might be worth asking around with friends and family!

airy_fairy, Nov 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Soon2bMrs

ilovepink1984

Hi there and welcome to this lovely site!

Neither of us was that bothered about cars. Our church and venue wereonly 5 mins away but on a main road so not walkable. It was very important to my dad to hire a car and get lots of photos - I got married 17 days ago and everyone has commented on how lovely the car was.

We got pretty good value with it too. It was orginally £250 including ribbons, flowers and champagne. We said it was too much for length of journey and she said if we paid in cash we could have it for £170. The car took the BMs first and then came back for my dad. it then waited 2 hrs for all our photos and then took us to venue via an extended 20 min run so we could get a nice drive in it. Loved it and saw loads of people we knew and everyone was waving at us!

It was beautiful - S type cream jaguar - wooden dashboard and red leather seats. x

ilovepink1984, Nov 8, 2010
  4. Soon2bMrs

MrsBoucher2B2012

We really want a classic car so we are hiring this 6 Seater Landaulet

I want both mums to be in the car with me along with my daughter and moh so a 6 seater is needed, they are picking me at our reception venue taking us to the church having photos done after the ceremony and then heading back to the reception venue where we get more pictures. The car comes with ribbons, flowers, champers and a bridal emergency kit with tissues and needle and thread and other bits that you might need.

It is the cheapest we have seen this car and the company are really friendly.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Nov 8, 2010
  5. Soon2bMrs

MrsBrown

I really didnt want a car, I actually wanted to catch the bus!! Quite glad I didnt as it was raining at that point haha!!

I looked into hiring a bus, but in the end settled for a plain car that just took the bridesmaids and then me and dad to the venue and went away again. I sorta wish I ha looked harder and found something a bit more unique like a WV beetle!! anyway we paid £200 for the car for an hour and half but I think the cost can vary. Bit ridicolous when the service bus would have been £1.80 and even a taxi about a £10!!

MrsBrown, Nov 8, 2010
  6. Soon2bMrs

Anon_SA

Luckily we don't need cars as I'm staying overnight in the place I'm getting married before I get married, and the whole do is in the same place!! Sounds expensive for a little drive so I'm very glad we don't need them!

We did discuss getting a horse and carriage to drive me in a circle around the main grounds just once. Ha!! :)

Anon_SA, Nov 9, 2010
  7. Soon2bMrs

flo2310

Costs really can vary... We paid quite a bit for ours (more than anything quoted above!) but it had to come out of their usual travel zone to pick me up from my parents which was a good half an hour from the church and then back to the reception venue, but we got champagne included in the journey to the venue. Was worth it though - very professional company.

flo2310, Nov 9, 2010
  8. Soon2bMrs

MrsMay2011

Hi, we're not having a car, but at the last wedding I went to the bridal party all arrived in 3x different coloured minis belonging to friends. These looked effective and made for some great photos, but they did have a quite laid back type of wedding vibe. So, (as already mentioned on the thread!), it may be worthwhile looking at what friends & family have first!

MrsMay2011, Nov 9, 2010
  9. Soon2bMrs

Helen

I really wanted a horse and cart! I know that sounds random but I didn't want a carriage I just wanted a farm cart pulled by some Suffolk Punch heavy horses (as they are my favourite and sooooo gorgeous) but sadly it doesn't fit in with our wedding abroad plans and although I could have it to turn up to our uk reception in we are planning on already being there to greet our guests as they arrive so no special transport needed for us at all now :) (my oh hates hates hates horses so he is very pleased about this grr)

Helen, Nov 10, 2010
  10. Soon2bMrs

Anon_SA

I joked about the horse and carriage driving me and Richard around in a circle....

1.png

That's my venue with a horse and carriage to circle the grounds in!

Anon_SA, Nov 16, 2010
  11. Soon2bMrs

Becky Administrator

It looks good, I say go for it! :)

Becky, Nov 16, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question