Wedding Budget

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by AbbiYates2be, Jan 20, 2012.

1. AbbiYates2be

AbbiYates2be

Hello Everyone,

I am currently planning my wedding whilst doing an Event Management degree and hope to be a wedding planner in the future!

I have some coursework that is on wedding planning and i just need some statistics.. So if you would like to help me out please can you answer the following questions:
    • Would you use a wedding planner? if so would you use one for the whole thing or just parts? ei on the day to make sure things run smoothly?
    • What is our budget?
    • Do you think a WP will help you stay on budget?
    • How are you budgeting?
    • Would you use a WP that is starting out?
    • Would you prefer a wedding planner that works from home or with a company ie hotel... ?

if you can think of any other information that would help me please let me know..

I thank you in advance for helping me out!!

Regards,

Abbi

AbbiYates2be, Jan 20, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. AbbiYates2be

poppleminster

I'd suggest contacting a wedding planning college, there are loads of them if you google them. As it's an Events Management degree they should be able to help you as their students would be doing the same research.

As for planning your own wedding - congrats. Welcome to the site, how are your plans getting along? :)

poppleminster, Jan 20, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. AbbiYates2be

Becky

Welcome to the forums! :) Have you set a date for your wedding yet?

Becky, Jan 20, 2012
  4. AbbiYates2be

Wedb

I just received my Personalised Mrs Hoody from xxxxxx and........ I LOVE IT!! :D

I was thinking about getting one for my hubby to be but i doubt he will wear it lol. Did anyone else get one?

Wedb, Sep 27, 2012
  5. AbbiYates2be

martinnat9

Hi Abbi,
    • I haven't used a wedding planner as to be honest I didn't have the budget and I have an extremely organised family (maybe a little too organised at times!) so am relying on them to get things moving smoothly on the day
    • Therefore not sure what budget you would have..I suppose it depends on the person. My wedding has cost £15,000 so far..Gulp!(not long to go)
    • I'm sure a good wedding planner could help you stay on budget
    • My secret budgeting weapon has been a pre-paid debit card http://www.neteller.com/personal/get-a-prepaid-card/ . Its been perfect as we just put all the wedding budget on it(both out parents put some money on it too) and then we didn't have to worry about going over the limit and we used it to pay for everything wedding related.
    • I would think a wedding planner that is starting out would be great to use. New and full of enthusiasm. I would probably expect to pay a little less though than for a wedding planner who was experienced.
    Hope that helps Abbi. Good luck with it all! N x

martinnat9, Jul 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question