Wedding Breakfast Music?

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by MrsT2b!!, Jul 17, 2010.

1. MrsT2b!!

MrsT2b!!

Hi everyone.

Is anyone having quiet music in the background during your wedding breakfast?
    I thought it would be a nice idea to play it so the room isnt silent when people are eating and may be a talking point for guests!!

Ideas on what type of music would be great. We've thought of some kind of music but havent got enough.

Thanks x x

MrsT2b!!, Jul 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsT2b!!

Frogbitch

I'm having music, but I still haven't decided what.
    I bought a swing compilation cd set, and borrowed Frank Sinatra's Greatest Hits, but neither seemed quite right.
    We're having 50's rock n roll for the drinks reception, but I think that's too much for dinner.
    I may just make up a cd from all my stuff on i-tunes.

Frogbitch, Jul 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsT2b!!

May2010bride

We did make a wedding itunes list (non-offensive, easy to ignore, magic fm style songs), but forgot to charge ipod!!

May2010bride, Jul 17, 2010
  4. MrsT2b!!

MrsT2b!!

Thats all the music we have, songs we think will be suitable or on our i-pod.
    I think it will be good to have a mixture of songs so everyone hears a song they like!!

MrsT2b!!, Jul 17, 2010
  5. MrsT2b!!

iPrincess26

All our music for the entire day is from a playlist on the computer! (no DJ) but we are thinking of big band swing stuff for during the meal as my Grandad who died when I was 1 was in a big band and OH's Mum played the accordian (gonna see if we can find some of their music to slip in then too). :)

iPrincess26, Jul 17, 2010
  6. MrsT2b!!

Frogbitch

I wish I'd asked everyone to choose a song they liked when I sent out invitations.

I like the idea of big band iprincess, but some of the cds I bought made me feel like I was sitting in a themed restaurant.

Frogbitch, Jul 17, 2010
  7. MrsT2b!!

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

How funny as I was just putting together a song list for that before I came on here!!! Yes I am just making a CD to have on playing in the background. A few songs off love actually, (have decided I am walking down the aisle to Eva Cassidy song bird) & other mellow lovey dovey songs. I am asking everyone to request a song with the invites. I already have it set up on our wedding website & someone has already requested.......I will survive :) :D oh well atleast I know people will be up & dancing :lol: :lol: xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 17, 2010
  8. MrsT2b!!

MrsBrown

Ha ha!! thats funny!!

we are just playing a classical cd, but hoping that everyone will be chatty and not need it

MrsBrown, Jul 18, 2010
  9. MrsT2b!!

poppleminster

Soundtrack to Labyrinth :)

poppleminster, Jul 18, 2010
  10. MrsT2b!!

MrsC2Be

As part of the package we get with our venue, we get a pianist to play during the wedding breakfast. This could be brilliant, as long as we can get some stuff that's actually relevant to us and our guests.

I want to put together a whole load of stuff thatll mean something to our close friends and family for during the reception as well.

MrsC2Be, Jul 18, 2010
  11. MrsT2b!!

poppleminster

oooh just check the pianist isn't chas or dave LOL

poppleminster, Jul 18, 2010
  12. MrsT2b!!

Anon_SA

We're having a live jazz trio during our meal in the background (drums, bass and piano).

I'm incredibly fortunate to be a musician (and I've played at hundreds of wedding myself) and have lots of musician friends so our wedding is FULL of live music! Not a CD player in sight!

We're also having a string quartet for the ceremony, a folk band to play for a ceilidh for a couple of hours and then a bigger jazz band to end the night.

If anyone wants any suggestions or advice on live wedding music, send me a message!

x

Anon_SA, Jul 21, 2010
  13. MrsT2b!!

MrsC2Be

I think I'd quite enjoy a bit of chas and dave action popple, just for the sheer comedy factor (I jest, I'm not crazy, honest!)

Wow salma, you are live music extreme, that'll be amazing!

MrsC2Be, Jul 21, 2010
  14. MrsT2b!!

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

LOL!!! Chaz lives up the road from me!!! I done his passport for him when I worked for the Post Office. I will put a good word in for you MrsC if I see him about!!! :angry: :rolleyes: you never know I might bump into him at Tesco when I buy my next lot of stale out of date crisps lol lol :lol:xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 21, 2010
  15. MrsT2b!!

MrsC2Be

HAHAHAHA that's the best celeb spot I've heard for aaaages :rolleyes: thanks for the offer and I really appreciate it and all, but I think I'll pass :angry:

MrsC2Be, Jul 21, 2010
  16. MrsT2b!!

Frogbitch

I saw Chas and Dave at a local pub and LOVED them!!!!
    They've actually gone their separate ways now, apart from a farewell tour this year.
    Shame. :angry:

Frogbitch, Jul 21, 2010
  17. MrsT2b!!

Anon_SA

LIVE MUSIC EXTREME!!

Anon_SA, Jul 22, 2010
  18. MrsT2b!!

poppleminster

If you lot all rush out now and book Chas & Dave I am going to be worried. What have I started? Frogbitch, I suspect they are good entertainers just the memories of chas n dave's christmas album looms in my head forever since a traumatic childhood!

poppleminster, Jul 22, 2010
  19. MrsT2b!!

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

Lol are you sure? I mean it is my claim to fame :) :) :lol: :lol: !!! Prob would have been SOOOO much more impressed if someone like David Beckham had came in for his passport though lol xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 22, 2010
  20. MrsT2b!!

Frogbitch

With 2 weeks to go I still haven't sorted out music for the wedding breakfast.
    I spent a bit of time in HMV today, but a stupid child kept getting in my way.
    I'm now thinking instrumental movie themes??

Frogbitch, Aug 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question