Website Designer And Websites V Facebook

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Helen, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Helen

Helen

Hello :)

Does anyone know of any website people who are reasonably good and reasonably priced? (And have example of sites they have done?)

As a few of you know I have been having issues with the man who was supposed to be doing me a website and now I am unsure about how to proceed.

Lastly, would you buy products/services from someone that didn't have a website and only had a facebook page? I am debating not having a website at all but am unsure if this would limit my appeal to brides and grooms.

Also I have been told that no website = no (personalised) email. Is this correct? I know I can make myself a gmail or hotmail type account - again would it put you off to have an email such as companyname@somethinglikehotmail rather than helen@companyname ?

Thanks people :)

Helen, Jul 31, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Helen

Becky Administrator

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with your web designer :( What's the story? I don't know of any myself I'm afraid.

I would buy products / services from someone who just had a facebook page, but if you are able to get a website done I do think it comes across better. That being said, I don't think that it's a negative not to have a website. People go online to look at examples of work and to find contact details, and all of that would be on your facebook page.

Re the email address, I do think it looks better to have something that is not hotmail / gmail etc. Have you bought the Rock My Cake domain name? If so you can create your own email address without needing to have a website. Your hosting company should be able to help you with that - there are quite a few guides online if you type 'using domain name for email address' into Google.

Let me know if you need any help getting it up and running :)

Becky, Aug 2, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Helen

Helen

Thanks Becky. Yeah I bought them ages ago and then things haven't worked out as planned.

My original website man told me that no website = no email but several people have now told me that isn't true so am working on sorting it now. Hopefully I have found someone to rescue me! So lets see how that turns out...

Helen, Aug 2, 2012
  4. Helen

Becky Administrator

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Hope it all works out :)

Becky, Aug 2, 2012
  5. Helen

MrsC2Be

sorry to hear you've had problems, hopefully the new guy will get it all sorted. I agree with Becky, the Facebook thing wouldn't put me off, but the email does look more professional if it's at your domain, that's just my opinion though!

MrsC2Be, Aug 3, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question