[Wanted] Folk-Rock Band For Reception

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by sotonbride, May 10, 2014.

1. sotonbride

sotonbride

I am looking to book for August next year a folk-rock band in the style of Mumford & Sons and The Lumineers. My budget is £700 and I am getting married in Hampshire.
    I am stuck as I can't find any reasonably priced bands in this style.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated :)

sotonbride, May 10, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. sotonbride

Kirbz

Hi,

I found a few links from a google search of a few bands to browse through displaying their prices within your budget. Maybe you can read up on their styles and make a few enquiries about some of them and hey who knows you may just find your band.

http://www.alivenetwork.com/hirelivemusic/hire_a_band_in.asp?sort=travelfee&button3=Re-order+the+list&style=Ceilidh+Irish+and+Traditional&area=Hampshire

http://www.lastminutemusicians.com/search/folk_groups/hampshire/basingstoke.html

Good luck

Kirbz x

Kirbz, May 28, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. sotonbride

jas1978

We have booked 'Rock My Reception', they seem to have a massive variety of songs and they are playing us down the aisle to The Cave so and then Bob Dylan for our first dance later in the day. I saw them at a friends wedding and they were really good. They put suit-case name tags on everyones table and guests wrote requests on and filled them in to hand to the band, a real laid-back vibe to the live music.

jas1978, Aug 5, 2014
    beth1978 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question