Walking Down The Ailse

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by MrsBrown, Jul 18, 2010.

1. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

We need to decide on music choices asap as seeing registrar in 2 weeks. Music to walk into has always caused me problems then whilst out with family yesterday FIl but on his tapes (yes tapes!!) in the car. Cant take my eyes of you by Andy Williams came on, I loved it!! Its upbeat but still fitting the situation.

However there is always a downside.... it talks about Heaven and thanking god.. so I dont think we can have it!! Dam dam civil ceremony!!

Now the other idea i had of wonderful world by Katie Melula doesnt appeal as much anymore and I am stuck again!!

We also thought of Closest thing to crazy as we love thsi song... but the lyrics are bad for a wedding!!

Aghhhhhhh at this rate I am not having any music!!!!!

Though when my friend decided not to have any music the registrar put on scarifice by Elton John!!- seriously she didnt want music as her tastes in indie music may have offended her gran and thats what the registrar put on- without asking!! To put this in context my friend wore a dress from Fat face to get married in and ad curry for her reception dinner!! I laugh out loud whenever I hear that song (just in case anyone is having it... no offence ... you have to know my friend.. it is the worst song ever for her!!)

MrsBrown, Jul 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

oh i also dont stop me now but not sure if i dare!!!

MrsBrown, Jul 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBrown

poppleminster

Don't stop me now would be awesome.

Your friends wedding sounds fab. Going for a curry is a great idea, I did that for my daughters christening as she loved curry and it was a sunday so they always have a buffet which is brilliant as instant food for everyone :)

The idea of putting any elton john song on for an indie fan is hilarious. It could have been only slightly worse and that would have been mariah carey :D

poppleminster, Jul 18, 2010
  4. MrsBrown

Helen

Lol that is quite funny and yet worrying at the same time! It's so difficult to choose something suitable. Are you allowed the tune with no words if the words mention religion? Just wondered? :)

Helen, Jul 18, 2010
  5. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

Yeah, that's a good point Helen, surely a tune can't have any religious connotations, so they can't not allow that, can they?!

MrsC2Be, Jul 18, 2010
  6. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Yer we thought about that but its not quite the same without the words!

MrsBrown, Jul 18, 2010
  7. MrsBrown

Mrs Moggie

Perhaps you could edit the song or cut it short so that the parts about religion aren't played? I trawled the internet for something to walk down the aisle to, chose Nina Simone's My Baby Just Cares For Me then downloaded it and edited it so that it was short enough for our tiny little "aisle". H2B wants the music I walk down the aisle to to be a surprise, so fingers crossed he likes the song! lol

Mrs Moggie, Jul 18, 2010
  8. MrsBrown

Frogbitch

If you like Queen, how about "You're my best friend?" I rejected Don't Stop Me Now in favour of the Blues Brothers, but for our exit rather than my entrance.

Frogbitch, Jul 18, 2010
  9. MrsBrown

MrsMay2011

I like Don't Stop Me Now, you can't help but feel joyful when when that song kicks in!

MrsMay2011, Jul 18, 2010
  10. MrsBrown

Mrsg2b2011

Don't stopme know is a fab song I love it!!!
    I am walking down the aisle to Eva Cassidy's song bird, such lovely lyrics. Not sure if its what you are looking for but listen to it on youtube.
    Can't believe that registrar at your friends wedding! Atleast she saw the funny side!!!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 18, 2010
  11. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

thank you all.. i dont know what to do... its too hard ha ha!!

MrsBrown, Jul 18, 2010
  12. MrsBrown

MrsApplen2be

I chose my song this week after umming and arrring for AGES lol.

I had a toss up between clair de lune - debussy
    a river flows in you - yiruma
    and stereophonics - the first time ever I saw your face.

I went with stereophonics hope it was the right choice. Makes me a bit weepy now though hope I dont cry on the day. Im getting married sat so def left it a bit late to be choosing. x

MrsApplen2be, Jul 28, 2010
  13. MrsBrown

Frogbitch

LOVE Stereophonics!!!
    I would have liked to have used Bright Red Star, but Russ wouldn't have a clue what is was!

Frogbitch, Jul 28, 2010
  14. MrsBrown

Mrsg2b2011

Oooh Stereophonics!! How funny I was just listening to that song yesterday & hadn't heard it in ages!!! Love it. xxx

Mrsbrown, ring the registrar. I think you can have some songs even if they say religious words in them. You just can't have hymns I know that for sure. But when I watched four weddings awhile back someone on there had amazing grace which I thought was a religious song so it really will be worth speaking the registrar. You will be gutted if you find out afterwards that you could have had it. I know the registrars have to abide by the law but think some can be stricter than others.
    Good luck hun let us know how you get on xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 28, 2010
  15. MrsBrown

Mrsg2b2011

Also know of someone who had beyonces Halo which has some religious like words in there xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 28, 2010
  16. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Thanks Hun, we going to the registrar on friday to finalise things. We have to tell him choices so will maybe discuss it with him.

MrsBrown, Jul 28, 2010
  17. MrsBrown

muckypaws

hi ladies
    Im having a minister but not in a church and we are having the theme to star trek voyager lol ............. cant wait to see guests faces as they twig what it is lol

muckypaws, Oct 6, 2010
  18. MrsBrown

Becky

Hi muckypaws - welcome to BigDay! :)

Your theme sounds great!! You've got to tell us more about it! Will the guests not know anything until they get there?

Becky, Oct 6, 2010
  19. MrsBrown

poppleminster

haha brilliant. I have friends who had a Dr Who theme and nobody knew until the March of the Darleks played as she walked down the aisle. Afer that everything was themed, darleks on tables etc, it was fab.

poppleminster, Oct 6, 2010
  20. MrsBrown

muckypaws

Hi no one has a clue.... We were trying to pick something unusual and as we both love star trek and have a silly sense of humor ta da lol h2b keeps playing it and laughing :)

muckypaws, Oct 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question