Venue Found - Just Need The Proposal Now!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by iPrincess26, Dec 29, 2010.

1. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Hey Ladies

Thought I would update you all with how things are going! We have been in our own place for 2 months now and had a fantastic first Christmas together. Tom has stated on numerous occasions that he is going to marry me ( and not just when drunk so I do believe him! ) Before Christmas he told me once again that we are going to get married and even discussed possible locations, I stated that as we live in the Lakes we would be mad to get married else where (he was thinking of the traditional - brides home town) and so we talked about various things and one was The Inn on the Lake at Ullswater The Inn

On Christmas eve we set out to get some photos of the Lakes looking very pretty covered in snow, and called in at the inn for lunch and Hot Chocolate, and it was amazing, everything from the venue itself to the staff was perfect and we sat looking through the wedding brochure and decided that this is the place and we want the ceremony in the Gazebo overlooking the lake! So now all I need is the proposal - apparently he did consider doing it at Christmas but couldn't afford a ring and my presents and didn't want to not get me presents, so am guessing within the next couple of months I will have a proposal story (he already has plans for how he's going to do it!) and then I can make an appt with the wedding co-ordinator and have a fit at the price!

Everything is going great and I have never felt so happy, So wanted to update you all and also thank you all once again for helping me through the crap time, supporting me when I first met Tom and generally just being great mates and letting me stay here and have an opinion on things! Fingers crossed will be back in planning mode soon!

iPrincess26, Dec 29, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. iPrincess26

Mrsg2b2011

OMG!!! Just looked at your venue amazing!!! And I thought I had good views lol. You go girl tell him to hurry up & get that ring on your finger we need more planning & proposal stories lol. So so happy & glad for you that things have worked out xxxx

Mrsg2b2011, Dec 29, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. iPrincess26

poppleminster

WOW it looks perfect there, really gorgeous backdrop of the hills and then the gorgeous building set against the lake. I'm probably going to be married before i'm engaged so don't worry about that bit! Being engaged to be engaged isn't that bad lol. So happy for you xxxxxx

poppleminster, Dec 29, 2010
  4. iPrincess26

MrsC2Be

Lovely, gorgeous, super! Love it!

Glad you're sorted and so happy, its brilliant.

MrsC2Be, Dec 29, 2010
  5. iPrincess26

Becky Administrator

That looks amazing!! Hope we don't have to wait long for a proposal story :D

Becky, Dec 30, 2010
  6. iPrincess26

Helen

Ohh that looks gorgeous! Fab venue :D I'm so pleased you are happy :D :D

Helen, Dec 30, 2010
  7. iPrincess26

FlowerCo

Ah, thats lovely! look forward to hearing your news!

Zoe x

FlowerCo, Jan 1, 2011
  8. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Just another quick little update, last night after supper we were sat in front of the fire watching the tele when the other half turns to me and starts a conversation about something he heard on the radio that morning about the cost of weddings and the raise in "Eco-Weddings" i.e, like most of us and those who cannot spend the average 25 grand and have a much smaller budget apparent we are not cheap! but it's Eco :blink: Anyhow he then went on to talk for about 1/2hr about our wedding - where, when colours and even started counting the guest list!!!!!!!

I have since spent this morning making various size pocket-fold invites (as a guide to choose which ones we want) although I really want a 6x6" template and cannot find a free one anywhere (yes I am that cheap - it's a standing joke between the two of us how cheap we are as we found each other on the free dating site as both refused to pay for the service!) So if anyone has a template for a square (pref 6x6") pocket-fold invite and could send it too me I will be eternally grateful!

Still just need that proposal although he has said he wants to do it properly and speak to my parents first, but I did tell him last night that since he has started planning in so much detail he needs to do it soon as I have now started to plan!

:rolleyes: :) :) :) :)

iPrincess26, Feb 4, 2011
  9. iPrincess26

Becky Administrator

He he you could end up having the whole wedding planned and booked before he pops the question! :rolleyes: I'm so pleased that it's going so well though, he sounds like a proper sweety :blink:

Becky, Feb 4, 2011
  10. iPrincess26

juliak

Wow, amazing how things change eh? I am really, really pleased that you are so happy. The venue is stunning! Can't wait to hear more....
    Love Ju x

juliak, Feb 4, 2011
  11. iPrincess26

Zoe

I heard those comments on the radio yesterday. Eco weddings are defo the way to go. They also said more and more couples are getting married abroad. Made be a little teary about my cancelled wedding in Cyprus.

Zoe, Feb 4, 2011
  12. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Aww bless thanks guys - Becky I think you could be right about it being planned first (but he appears to be just as bad for that!), Ju I wake up everyday and still cannot believe just how lucky I have been the old life seems a million miles away and I genuinely feel like me again, I don't have to pretend to be something i'm not and I'm not having my soul crushed on a daily basis.

Zoe - Sorry to hear you got a little teary but the reasons behind your plans change just goes to show what a wonderful, loving, kind and selfless people you and your OH are, hope that helps to raise a smile. ;)

As always guys as soon as there is any updates I'll let you all know.

iPrincess26, Feb 5, 2011
  13. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Well it's been a while since I updated this, as most of you know by now I got my proposal on valentines day and we are aiming for 15th may 2013, we had decided on inn on the lake but have now changed that plan as we feel it would end up being a bit impersonal and a little too formal and not really us! So now the plan is to get married in the church in the village we currently live in ( and Tom grew up in) and then go to the local pub which is just over the road and have a hog roast and the afternoon and evening just at the pub, it's much more us and gives something back to our immediate community ( and it'll be way cheaper!)

iPrincess26, Oct 24, 2011
  14. iPrincess26

MrsBrown

We had a hog roast and it was amazing! (And I was a veggie then!!!) went down a treat! Simon and some guests carried the hog through the wedding venue, over people's heads!!

MrsBrown, Oct 24, 2011
  15. iPrincess26

Becky Administrator

I think that sounds like a perfect idea! :) I love hog roast, we really wanted to have it for our evening meal but the caterer wouldn't let us! Made do with bacon sarnies instead.

Only a year and a half to go then!

Becky, Oct 25, 2011
  16. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Yay! As long as the saving goes to plan! Can't wait and I think we are both feeling more relaxed about it now we have changed the venue - especially the OH as he brings it up more often now! The plan is get thr costs in now then come March check he savings and hopefully then start booking things!!! So excited. :)

iPrincess26, Oct 25, 2011
  17. iPrincess26

MrsC2Be

great news, sounds like it'll be perfect for you as a couple, defo the most important thing. Exciting!

MrsC2Be, Oct 25, 2011
  18. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Roll on Saturday, we are off to check out a venue, stay the night and if the price is right book the wedding!!!

Anyone any idea about wedding insurance?

Is this something the venue might be able to help with?

Sooooo excited, be great to have a night away too.

iPrincess26, Nov 17, 2011
  19. iPrincess26

Becky Administrator

Ooh yay exciting!! Let us know how you get on - I'm sure you'll have a great time! :)

I think we got our insurance with Debenhams, as they had the best offer on at the time. It's one of these things that you hope you never have to use, and is fairly cheap for peace of mind.

Becky, Nov 18, 2011
  20. iPrincess26

MrsBrown

We got ours through debenhams too! We had to have it for the venue and didnt have to use it! Though we did look at it to see if my BM could make a claim for her fall, though she decided she didnt want to make a fuss in the end and we werent sure if they would then tell her to claim off the venue

MrsBrown, Nov 19, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question