Update On Venues And Ceremony!

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by Helen, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Helen

Helen

Well....! Our planned Canadian wedding has gone a bit pear shaped :) with mil problems so we have been looking at alternatives.

We are off to see Consall Hall Gardens next Wednesday as they are one of the few places I've found that actually have outdoor ceremonys. Anyone ever been there? Exciting! :D

If we go with it we will stick with our small wedding plan then a week later have a big party for everyone on the west of the country, then about another month after that we are going to have a joint celebration of our wedding and my parents ruby wedding on the east of the country. :lol: :)

Seems a bit mad but this way is looking like keeping monst people happy. Matts friends are mostly farmers who wouldn't be able to come to the east, and I have a lot of elderly relatives who can't make it to the west! It's never simple.

I was so gutted that our Canada plans had gone wrong I really didn't want to do anything else but I'm a lot more cheerful now. Matt is the one who is all upset about it now, he can't decide whether to go anyway without his parents. I've said the decision is his and I'm happy to look at other places for the ceremony and go to Canada for our honeymoon. Families are such a pain lol. His best men are not happy either as they really wanted to go to Canada with us! Oh well hey! :lol:

I just want to get something sorted out it's driving me nuts as I can't really choose anything until we get some decisions made! (although I might have bought some shoes anyway..... :p ;) )

Just to really annoy me the venue we want our reception has gone into administration and may or may not take bookings for next year! Wait and see I guess.

Helen, Jul 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Helen

poppleminster

Really glad you're happier. I'm so sorry about Canada but the outdoor idea is lovely. There are some brilliant outdoor venues round here that are probably too far but are wonderful :)

poppleminster, Jul 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Helen

MrsBrown

Sorry to hear you may not be able to go to Canada, but at least you got a plan b. as much as family can be difficult they are also important and I am sure your day will be fab where ever it is! you may well fall in love with new place and be grateful things had to change! Keep us posted

MrsBrown, Jul 7, 2010
  4. Helen

Mrsg2b2011

Yes I agree with MrsBrown, everything happens for a reason. I am sorry Canada didn't work out but what you have planned sounds amazing. Keep us posted when you find your venue xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 8, 2010
  5. Helen

ilovepink1984

Sorry to hear about your Canada plans. Things do happen for a reason though and your new plans sound fab too. Hopefully your h2b will make a decision soon about Canada or not - but like you say, you can always go there for your honeymoon. Things will all be great and hopefullly you can get planning properly soon xxx

ilovepink1984, Jul 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question